Drivetrain AT/MT Drivetrain discussions on the 240sx and Silvia

My auto tranny wont go into any gear, Please help.

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2005, 08:19 AM

My auto tranny wont go into any gear, Please help.

I dont know what to do. The other night i was driving about midnight, and i hit a lil bump, nothing big at all. Immediatly my car revs up and i of course assume that maybe it bumbed into nuetral, but that was not the case. I tried putting it in every gear and it did nothin but reved. I rolled it to a local bank parking lot and tried to figure out the problem. I waited until morning and looked at all the fan belts and they were good. I didnt know exactly were the transmission fluid dip stick was, but i assumed it was on the opposite side of the motor than the oil dip stick. I looked in the dip stick, and nothing was in there, but like i said im not too sure if that is the correct one. But i cant do anything now, cause im stuck at work for the next 8 hours. Does anyone have a clue to what i can do. Please help me. please
Old 09-06-2005, 10:07 AM

the transmission dipstick it behind the fuel rail of the fuel injectors, its behind themanifold. its really low and not colored so its hard to see.if you can see the courves of the manifold and follow the to the back of the engine, then go down its there, its really hiden, it took me 3 days to find it. I hope its low ATF and there's no preasure to activatethe gears.