Engine Swaps Discussion about motor swaps ONLY.

Anyone heard of this dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 02:14 PM

Anyone heard of this dealer?

Hey, has anyone heard of this import motor dealer?
javascript:smilie('')
Dunno
http://www.japandomesticmotor.com/

Go check it out, I bought a motor from their, a SR20DET for the S13, they claim they have uncut wires that come with their engines and trannys. (which I think is very important) Anyways, when I recieved the engine about a week later, a common problem, the oil pan was all banged up. Also the wires were all cut up and disorganized, the mech. there had tapped up the ends up the wires really thick to make it look like it wasn't cut up. Anyways they were nice and allowed me to exchange the wireing harness with one off another SR they had in the shop. It came in less then a week. (They have good shipping time) anyways, the second harness yet agaian came with the same problem, so
just wondering if any of you have ordered from this place and encountered the same problem, and if so if you could tell me if there were any problems with the engines or trannys.

If no one has ordered from here, then it's a good warning, I let you know if the motor works here in a few weeks once I finally getting it working.
Old 12-15-2005, 02:40 PM
Contributing Member

umm okay.
Old 12-15-2005, 02:51 PM

My question was that if anyone is fimiliar with that JDM dealer and is had any other similar problems, and also if they had any problems with there engine if they got it from there.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:14 PM
Contributing Member

**** happens from what you said they took care of you,

of course your oil pan is gonna get banged up. its a motor set not a clip.

How is it a warning?? The fact that they gave you good service?

You fail at life.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:30 PM

Ha, funny. The only reason I say it would be a warning is because they continuely send cut wires that are all messed up, thats not good service, expesicaly when they claim to have good "uncut" wires. That's what I'm talking about.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:47 AM
Contributing Member

Bare is the one that is correct on this one. They will try this even if you are a bussiness and buy multiple motors from them at a time. I have a box of their harnesses in my trunk right now that have to get sent back to them because they are cut. Along with a power steering pump that doesnt even bolt up to the motor they sent me.
you will run into the same problems when it comes to intercoolers and piping.
The list of excuses include:
1) the person that sent you that/told you that isnt hear anymore
2)we wouldnt have sent something like that out, it must have been done by the shipping company(even though the shipment was still perfectly sealed and wrapped up without a scratch on it)
3)I dont believe the parts are broken/cut you could be saying that to get new ones for free
4)I didnt know busted up mazda intercoolers with no piping wouldnt work for a RB20
I hope they do not try to argue with any of this because it will look worse for them, since I have pics of pretty much EVERYTHING I have just talked about.
As Bare said, be warned.
Old 12-16-2005, 10:06 PM
Contributing Member

okay warned.