Engine Swaps Discussion about motor swaps ONLY.

Auto to manual Swap..The Nightmare part 1

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2003, 03:22 PM

Unhappy Auto to manual Swap..The Nightmare part 1

I'll be plain and simple.

The installation is easy.

Now it's more usuall that they sale the engine with the transmission, not like 3 years ago (just the engine was like 5K).

Master cylinder and slave cylinder are $160, and the transmission hoses com up to $60.

The transmission flanges sometimes come with the engine/transmission cobo, or if not, they are easy to get. You can get the Nismo transmission flanges for about 60-80 bucks.

The clutch boot (upper and lower) can be bought also new or used. No prob with that.

Then the nightmare starts.

The clutch and brake pedal.
Those are the HRDEST things to find in the whole world, and the reason is because in order to get em, you need to find a wrecked 240SX with a manual transmission. They don't sell em separately, as a part. Cluch kits don't include this parts, and to top it off, shops that do this kind of swap won't sell you the parts to do the swap yourself because THEY KNOW how hard is to get em. I have over 4 months researching this and even talked to several Nissan mechanics at various delerships, and said that that part is *almost* impossible to get it new, and all of em' told me to go look in junkyards for a wrecked 240SX. Shea right, like they are a lot just crashed and smashed. You might be able to find one. If someone else didn't beat ya already. (happened to me twice)

See, this stuff that I'm saying is based on my own research, so people, you don't need to panic. Probably somebody knows where they keep all the stash of S13-14 cluch pedals in the world, or something like that, or I just have the most Fricked-up luck in the whole universe. So if someone doesn't agree with me, it's cool, just show me the webpage or give me the phone number of the shop that would sell me the clutch and brake pedal to install MYSELF, and I'll shut my mouth and go back to my garage and finish my Silvia.
Old 04-20-2003, 12:53 PM

well i know a salvege yard around here with alot of s13 240 for parts if you want i can give them a call and give you the price . email me at theblessin7@yahoo.com