Engine Swaps Discussion about motor swaps ONLY.

Check out what is sitting in my Engine Compartment...

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2002, 07:11 PM

Check out what is sitting in my Engine Compartment...

pics should say it all...

-Rick
Attached Thumbnails Check out what is sitting in my Engine Compartment...-engine.jpg  
Old 03-28-2002, 07:13 PM

Attached Thumbnails Check out what is sitting in my Engine Compartment...-1z1.jpg  

Last edited by Condom_Sense; 03-28-2002 at 07:15 PM.
Old 03-28-2002, 08:01 PM
PSM
*****istrator

wow...cant wait till its running!

Who is doing the swap for you? Also about how much is going to cost you for the labor?
Old 03-29-2002, 08:01 AM

Originally posted by PSM
wow...cant wait till its running!

Who is doing the swap for you? Also about how much is going to cost you for the labor?
Local performance shop. www.frisbeesperformance.com
costing me $1200 for everything including Boost Controller, TT and gauges along with the swap , rear diff and drive shaft, and IC.

pretty good deal IMO.

-Rick
Old 03-29-2002, 08:23 AM

Smile

Very nice. One thing I will be interested to see is how the six speed holds up. I like the ideal of the six but alot of people bash it.

Keep us informed. NICE RIDE!

Jester
Old 03-31-2002, 02:49 PM

So you got yourself a S14 or is ait a S15 motor? Since you said you have the 6spd I assume you got the S15 motor and trans. That can't be cheap! Does it have that variable valve thing? If so find a old redtop head and drop that on it. Otherwise the motor doesn't like ECU retunes. Also order a set of GTI-R valve springs so you can drop the dual springs in and then get the Pulsar N1 models titanium stock valve spring retainers. Too bad the Silvia uses that hydraulic lifter instead of the old solid pivots. So what are you shoot for on the motor hp wise? What are they converting the rear end for?Doesn't the US newer 240 model use the five bolt pattern instead of the older three sets of two? Also if your going to do it then drop out the rear member and have a shop do a solid seam weld all the way around the rear member. That way your making the Cusco rear member. All the Cusco rear member for the Silvia was a stock rear member with seam welds instead of spot welds. Ironically the non-turbo Silvia's rear member actually doesn't come with a rear swaybar at all. The bolt holes are there but you have to get a junkyard rear swaybar to bolt onto it. There should be 6 bolts holding the rear member to the bottom of hte ar if I remember correctly.
Old 04-07-2002, 12:52 PM

I asked in the other thread. How is the ride going? Are you on the road yet?

It is looking good man!

Jester
Old 04-07-2002, 05:37 PM

UPDATE: The car is still under the knife. Our main problem right now is all the wiring, as if you all couldnt guess. Its pretty difficult, but im working on getting an S15 FSM from Australia to work out some of the kinks. We just mounted the FMIC (GReddy RSPL) yesterday...i will post pics up on Monday. Everything else is done in the car including profec-b, TT, gauges, etc...we are just struggling with some of the wiring. I will keep you all posted, as I am very excited to get this show on the road. hehe...wish us luck, hopefully it will be done here in the next week or so.

-Rick
Old 04-07-2002, 08:52 PM

There's a few places online that you can download the wiring diagram for your car. Just look on the NZ or Australia sites. Did you get the Silvia's radiator or are you going to use the US 2.4l's? What is giving you the problems? Depending on where you are its a easier swap if your not a fan of A/C.
Old 04-08-2002, 12:01 AM
Contributing Member

you have made me a jealious bastard
Old 04-08-2002, 10:20 AM

Originally posted by RNN14
There's a few places online that you can download the wiring diagram for your car. Just look on the NZ or Australia sites. Did you get the Silvia's radiator or are you going to use the US 2.4l's? What is giving you the problems? Depending on where you are its a easier swap if your not a fan of A/C.
Well I found a couple of people that have translated copies of an S15 FSM, so hopefully they can get that to me ASAP....RNN14: I live in the Desert, man...New Mexico...so A/C is almost a MUST...we havent started on the wiring for it yet, but im sure it wont be easy figuring out how to turn the digi climate control into the S14 push button A/C..but we'll figure it out...I got some Mechanical geniuses on my team...only problem is that they dont know how to read Japanese!!!! hehe ,,,,we are also using the Stock S14 radiator for now, I will be upgrading to a GReddy one here soon...but we had to ditch the Fan and go Electric because of some clearance issues. Ill keep you all posted.

-Rick
Old 04-08-2002, 02:49 PM

I noticed in the pic that you guys have a barrel of race fuel in your garage... hehe
Old 04-08-2002, 04:35 PM

actually we got 2-50 gal. barrels....C-16...good ****!!!

-Rick
Old 04-14-2002, 12:42 PM

some updated pics...
Attached Thumbnails Check out what is sitting in my Engine Compartment...-my240interior_0004.jpg  
Old 04-14-2002, 12:44 PM

S15 **** and Profec-B and TT...

Quick Reply: Check out what is sitting in my Engine Compartment...