Engine Swaps Discussion about motor swaps ONLY.

GOt my Car back~

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2004, 12:40 PM

GOt my Car back~

aite...after four months of "work" i got my car back...the only thing is....there are many many sensors which aren't hooked up, there are bolts missing in random places ie my exhaust manifold, wipers dont work, and a VARIOUS vacuum lines not hooked up....
i wouldn't say that this is the best swap, duzn't come close, but i can't complain...got a bunch of free parts.

ok...but seriously, my SR is not running even close to fine right now....when i got it, it just idle'd rough, towards the end of that night, i went into reverse rolling forward like 2-3 mph and all of a sudden....my car started idling ALOT worse....MISFIRE....well....it duzn't seem like one of my cylinders are igniting at all. i have crazy back fire, and my car wont...can't handle the boost...it will goo....but tooo much hessitation.

checked out my plugs and #1 was pretty good #2 was pretty damn fouled #3 and 4 were fouled as well....no where near as bad as #2

which of my many problems could be causing this horrible idle....
oh...the idle, it rises up and then lowers, like it keeps reving slowly... im pretty sure thats from vacum lines. just want second opinion....
wsup with mycar?

Last edited by ahnyoungboi; 10-30-2004 at 02:02 PM.
Old 10-30-2004, 09:42 PM
Contributing Member

get it tuned. period.
Old 10-31-2004, 12:37 AM

of course i need to get it tuned....but i need to find all the problems wrong with it b4 it Can be tuned....

anyone know a good place to go...im pretty sure ill need or will need to re-do the swap...too many things here and there missing.

it would be nice, if the people who have 1st hand experience reply.

not trying to bring anyone down
Old 10-31-2004, 11:21 AM

might want to get any help you can. chances of this happening to alot of people on this site is probably slim and if you want someone that has had first hand experience, answers will be slim to come by. take all the help you can there are alot of mechanically inclined people on here. it could be multiple things wrong with the car to lead to this problem. good luck
Old 10-31-2004, 01:49 PM

ok...i was messing around w/ the open pipes that should be closed by vacuum lines...
the 2 pipes right under the throttle body are open, the bottom pipe thats like...2mm on my bov is open. my bov is right next to my throttle body.
i woulda wanted it on the hot pipe, but the people did it themselves w/o asking me...so i had no choice. but atleast i got that for free

well anyways. i hooked up one of the pipes under my TB to the open pipe on the bov.
it fixed my reving problem.
now it just idle's really rough rather than idling rough and reving constantly.

does anyone know what the pipes are suppose to be hooked up to?
Old 10-31-2004, 08:43 PM

first off check all the couplings on your turbo piping. and check all your vacume lines. could possiably have a vacume leak. also you migh want to double check your timing. and youll probably need to go ahead and have those plugs replaced. they might be fouled now due to it running extremly rich.

but like waynehead05 said you might want to have a tune up done. the reason he probably recomended this is because they will usually check all these things and others like maf sensor to make sure its all working properly. good luck.