Engine Swaps Discussion about motor swaps ONLY.

random engine probleme , need help please!

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 07:54 PM

Unhappy random engine probleme , need help please!

about 2 weeks ago i played in my turb , no big deal added a boost controler (manual) when i started the car , i gave it 2 LITTLE pull on the throttle cable , when the car just recv up like crazy T-BODY CLOSED! the cable went nback to normal as in the t-body was CLOSED! any how... i changed my oil , i overfilled it about ,5 litters , no big deal , but sudentlyu it started bucking , not fireing corectly , thats cause i had iridium spark plugs , so i change them , and all of a sudent , car wont start no more , i flooded the car SO BADLY , i had 2 litters over in the oil pan , so i change the oil . again , oil smeled like gas BIG TIME! , so i put in some new mobile 1 new car oil 5-30w , syntec , catr wont start any less . no fire on my spark plugs , then , sundently i press on the clutch , and is starts , as in car was cracking fine everything but it STARTED when i pressed the clutch , my clutch is by passed...for the starter , but the weirdest thing it that , my ignition dosent shuts off imediatly , when i close the switch it takes about 2 seconds before it shuts off...

but that the least of my problemes.... now the car RANDOMLY cuts , not as in the gas dosent reaches , cause my pump make a SICK SOUND! diiiiii!!! as in if shes having BIG time trouble feeding the car with gas , ps its a walbro 255lph , my gas filter is brand new 1 week old300zx fram filter, any how , the car smels gas about 2 block away , its sick , i tried hitting about everywhere the wiring , incase it would be a bad conection , something , and also my speed gauge freaks , some times im going like 100 and it goes nuts and cranks up to 180.. then slowly goes back to 50 then 100 then 140 and so on...and on idles im going 20 and if i rev up im going up until 60

i thoght of taking it to nissan dealert but i ony mentioned silvia japan motor in a canadian 240sx... then said. f"ck that!

i know i had a similar probleme with my other nissan 240sx with ka24e motor , it cutted radomly...! it was the gas pump too and the maf , but what's weird is that when the car cuts , the speed and rpm gauge drops to 0 , as if it ... died , as if i would have shut the key off of cutted the ignition wire!

i know my message is long and boring but i neeed help! , i tried everything , lie i said before i aint no dummy i have a degree in electronics , and i work in cars , but im just outa ideal , and also , is the ka24e maf the same as the sr20det maf? plug matches , same number i think? ,

please help me , im outa ideal?ill j ust make a resume of my probleme

very hard cold and hot start , need to hold gas pedal

idle dies most of the time but is stable when its not dieing

car cuts off radomly duriong driving either cuts for god and need restarting of simply cuts as if it laked of gas....

speedo freaks out

car revs like crazy , again radomly you guess it!

ignition dosent imideitly dies after key is set off

gas pump never cut when car isint reving .

gas pump makes a crazy noise!confused:

again starting i one hell of a chalenge!

ecu led is always red... cant go to diagnostic

iridium plugs were EXTREMELY BLACK , but clean when i removed it no brown , white , nothing ill try to send picture

165psi on every piston

oil is clean

oil pressure light normal

car missfired when i had iridium plugs on , when i hit 4500 to 6000rpm 10psi boost

now with old normal plugs dosent nomore, 10psi too

other then that , its all clean , thats all my symthomes , i hope its clear , i did all i can to find out what it was , let me now if you have ANY i deal!

if any one of you have an spare #62 ecu red top stock , and a igntion chip for sale , jcl666@hotmail.com is the palce to hola lol:
Old 12-04-2006, 01:50 PM

I had the hardest time reading that. Anyway, good luck man. And you're about a week late because i had a spare Sr20DET Ecu laying around here.
Old 12-09-2006, 12:14 PM

my fuel pump stoped working so i changed it , my fuel filter is brand new i just change it 5 minuts ago , i dont seem to be lacking gas , the motor seams to be stoping either cause the crank sensor stop sending pulses , or the ignition is turned off , but i by passed my ignition with a jumper to a 12v source but it still dies? , any body has ANY ideal!