Engine Swaps Discussion about motor swaps ONLY.

RB20 dyno put up or shutup

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2004, 01:36 AM
Id-

Originally posted by -HyJynX-
Ha, IMO the RB20 will always be suprior to the SR. The SR is only better in one category, Aftermarket support
hey man, read the title; put up or shutup...

lets see the superiority...i can go pull a dozen threads about SRs making 500rwhp plus; but the most i've seen a built RB20 make is 300rwhp? pathetic... SR + T28 + fuel/ecu = 300rwhp no problem

superior because its a I6? you're just speaking BS man; look at what I own; a far superior motor to the RB20, SR20, AND RB25 so dont blow steam here... show me dyno slips and 1/4 slips

this is the ONLY forum that spouts RB20 superiority; in other forums its not even a footnote... why? its not because of ignorance; its because its a waste of money to try and make any power on the rb20 motor... again put up or shut up.... enough BS on this forum as it is; we're not talking about the $3500+ RB25 here (i'd get a 1jz-gte clip for $1500 that would make MORE power)

Last edited by Id-; 08-20-2004 at 01:39 AM.
Old 08-20-2004, 04:01 PM
Contributing Member

RB20-same port sizes, but 6 of them. Same 2.0L, and capable of the same power maybe more than the SR. I'm not into seeing how much power I can make from something before it pops, so I don't think I'm going to please your put-up need. I'm planning on making around 300HP to drive every day on pump gas.
Old 08-20-2004, 05:14 PM
Contributing Member

I asked that he post some dyno sheets or track times for his car, anyone can put some words in a sig, but lets see if he really has the stuff...he sure TALKS BIG.
Old 08-20-2004, 08:39 PM

dood...how are u gonna come one here talkin like that and expect people to help you...

if i had dyno sheets i wouldnt post em up and let u go buy an sr and then watch u cry when a rb smokes u...
Old 08-20-2004, 08:54 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Jedi Mind Gamez
dood...how are u gonna come one here talkin like that and expect people to help you...

if i had dyno sheets i wouldnt post em up and let u go buy an sr and then watch u cry when a rb smokes u...
Haha
Old 08-20-2004, 09:19 PM

Far as i know the highest hp rb25 ive seen is 582 or something...

what you dont understand man is that the rb swap is fairly new... not like the SR which has been done for what like 5-6 years or more?

Put it this way, take your sr, my rb25, both s14s, you can have the same hp, and i garauntee i will win. why? more torque, much smoother power band all the way through, etc.

but who really f*cking cares! im so tired of these stupid debates it gets no where and proves nothing, to me it seems as though your just mad because you went sr and are now regretting it because the rb's are getting popular so you are lashing out at the rb owners trying to prove that your sr is better so you can feel better about your decision in your head.

oh and somehow i just dont think a t28 and fuel/ecu (whatever that means, injectors/standalone, retune, what? lol) will get your 300rwhp on an sr20... but then again what do i know?

Last edited by dekand; 08-20-2004 at 09:22 PM.
Old 08-21-2004, 11:31 AM
Contributing Member

"I am scared of the RB motors so I better knock them."
Old 08-21-2004, 11:33 AM
Contributing Member

Hell, it'd take the RB motor over the SR just because it's a solid engine and it's not as popular as the SR. Must be a fun engine to mess around with.
Old 08-21-2004, 05:18 PM
Contributing Member

I don't think there is very many RB swaps around, much less those owned by wastefull people who will want to push one until it pops to see what kind of power it will make. Generally I think more cylinders are better, I mean look at all the super high performance racing engines, most 6-12 cylinder, small displacement engines. And like dekand said-it's all about the TORQUE.
Old 08-22-2004, 01:30 AM

the rb's can make more torque and more of it down low which will get you off the line better. the sr can make good power to but it can match the torque output of an rb
Old 08-22-2004, 10:01 PM

id- I'm a sr owner, and I know that an Rb from the same year is a superior engine. However, the Sr is plenty capable of providing the power you seek and the swap and parts are much easier to find. Sr is the most cost effective, easiest way to get performance. If money were no option, you'd make more power on an Rb. Then again if money were no option, you'd be on the Ferrari forums.
Old 08-23-2004, 04:39 AM
Contributing Member

And still no dyno sheets or time slips from his cars???

I guess it is time for HIM to shut up.
Old 08-23-2004, 09:35 AM

heh...noticed he hasnt even replied since u asked for em...
Old 08-23-2004, 01:41 PM

rb20 has 2 more cylinders......which means its probably alot more torque,...and the stock sr should never be more powerful than the stock rb20....maybe your rb's dyno was at the wheels where the sr's was at the crank
Old 08-23-2004, 06:56 PM
Contributing Member

do any of you guys have a dyno? cause I would love to put my RB on the dyno, but I am not spending the money on it just to please others. I know the motor makes power, so I dont need the reassurance. But if anybody has a dyno they will let me know on free I would be more than happy to supply some numbers for this little pissing contest.

Quick Reply: RB20 dyno put up or shutup