General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

a few wiring problems, and ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2002, 05:18 PM

a few wiring problems, and ideas?

I disconnected my alarm last weekend and ever since I have had a strange electrical problem no one has any ideas about. Im assuming my problem has something to do with this. Basically all i did was disconnect the alarm box from all its wires and reconnected the ignition wire to bypass the alarm. I didnt touch anything else, all the other wires are still tapped for a future date to re-install the alarm.

Basically, my dash lights are on when the headlights/parking lights are off and vice versa. So its like they are reversed. Everything else works except for the clock backlight, it doesnt work at all.
When I pull the room light fuse (where no interior lights should work AT ALL) they dont work, except when I turn the headlights on, then the interior lights/map lights are on very dim. And the beeping that warns that you left your headlights on is on, but turns off when you turn the interior light on, with the fuse out.

What does this sound like to you guys, I am now checking wiring and stuff, but last week I only unplugged one thing under the dash, and checked that it was back in again, so that couldnt be it. Oh and I have a 92 240sx SE.