General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

headlight problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2005, 04:10 PM

headlight problems

alright there are two actual lights in the headlamp... the inside one (closest to the grill or the center) works fine but the outside ones dont seem to. i just replaced them about ten minutes ago and still nothing. and either do my cornerlights. i cant seem to get the actual headlamp out cause i got the front mount and the screw holding it to the corner light but what else is there. if i could get it out i might be able to figure this out.

eny help would be greatly apreciated
Old 01-04-2005, 08:16 AM
Contributing Member

Re: headlight problems

Originally posted by C-Walk
alright there are two actual lights in the headlamp... the inside one (closest to the grill or the center) works fine but the outside ones dont seem to. i just replaced them about ten minutes ago and still nothing. and either do my cornerlights. i cant seem to get the actual headlamp out cause i got the front mount and the screw holding it to the corner light but what else is there. if i could get it out i might be able to figure this out.

eny help would be greatly apreciated
95 headliamps come off by removing 3 screws and 2 nuts; remove the 1 small screw holding the corner lght and pop the corner light off - you'll see two nuts behind it holding the headlamp. Remove those. Then take your front grille off, and you'll see two screws holding that side of the lamp assembly to the chassis. take those off, and the headlight should come out easily.

It's odd that your highbeams work but your regular beams don't - when the light stalk is at high, the regular beams are supposed to light up also.

About your corner lights, in the schematic they're wired up with the rest of the parking lights, so if your taillights light up at night, my best guess at this point is that there's possibly some cut wires to both the regular beam bulbs and the corner lights, provided that you replaced all 4 bulbs and they still dont' work.
BTW the inner bulb (closest to the grille) is the high beams.
Old 01-04-2005, 02:39 PM

raine, what do you mean by "It's odd that your highbeams work but your regular beams don't - when the light stalk is at high, the regular beams are supposed to light up also. " ?

when i put my high beams on, my regular beams turn off (i'm pretty sure of that....)
Old 01-04-2005, 03:21 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by djradam
raine, what do you mean by "It's odd that your highbeams work but your regular beams don't - when the light stalk is at high, the regular beams are supposed to light up also. " ?

when i put my high beams on, my regular beams turn off (i'm pretty sure of that....)
Both of mine stay on... hmmm
Old 01-04-2005, 05:35 PM

I have a '95 and mine alternate also.

low on=high off
high on= low off

It may be that yours is an SE Raine. IMO. But your problem does seem kinda weird....
Old 01-07-2005, 07:04 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by SR20detoofast4u
I have a '95 and mine alternate also.

low on=high off
high on= low off

It may be that yours is an SE Raine. IMO. But your problem does seem kinda weird....
I'm going to check the wriring diagrams later to see how the headlights/high beams should be operating... BRB