General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

Liquid Diamond

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 12:19 PM
Contributing Member

The best thing to do about waxing is to go to an auto paint shop and ask for the 3M 2 stage buffing compound and polisher will only cost you about 20-30 bucks for both HUGE bottles. Hands down the best stuff I ever used at my old bodyshop and at home. As for road tar, paint shops have this dirt and road tar solution (completely paint safe) that we use as a prep spray before primer, paint and buffing process. Stuff works wonders (even gets out road kill smell!) and is cheap! Any auto paint supply shop will carry all three items!

And yeah, that guy sells A LOT of things. Oxyclean does a good job, but its too high in O3 content and can be very harmful if not rinsed out with pure water thuroughly. I used a small amount to mix in with a 5 gallon bucket of hot water, cleaned up the oil patches in the shop, but left a slippery film. Took me 20 minutes of rinsing my hands under hot water to get the acidic slippery layer of film it left on my hands off.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:31 PM
Contributing Member

gloves ftw! lolthis should be coming in soon though, hope it works
Old 07-20-2007, 03:06 PM
Contributing Member

Good. Let us know what the skinny is. I wanna keep my 'vert fresh.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:15 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by OutToWinPAHC
Dude its Billy Mays Hays everything hes sold from Oxy Clean to Kaboom is junk. Just stick to good old methods.

As for tar...... Get goof off, and a tar removing sponge. then wash polish, and wax..... Good as new. I had tree sap all over my new black car before, worked like a charm
HOW DARE YOU SPEAK A MOROSE WORD ABOUT BILLY MAYS? Oxy Clean is the best cleaning product I have ever used. That **** is amazing. Trust Billy Mays.
Old 07-20-2007, 11:46 PM
Contributing Member

dude hurry up, if it works im bathing in that ****!
Old 07-26-2007, 04:49 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by motegineon
dude hurry up, if it works im bathing in that ****!
...and then set yourself on fire?!?
Old 07-26-2007, 04:50 PM

I know club 240 would be a better place if you did that . . . .

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

*low blow*

LOL!

-Stig
Old 07-26-2007, 07:58 PM

i hear ya that stuff looks iight i dont think it would hurt to give it a shot. i been detailin vehicles for about 4 yrs for companies (TLC, body shops etc.) and independantly and the best stuff i came across thus far was also that 3m. lol i been cakeing wax on my car since i got it painted to try and compensate for the lack of barely any clear maybe this will do me some justice...the wax actually has helped to an extent compared to what it initially looked like obviously. cheap azz paint job ftl. let us kno how it does ya.
Old 07-28-2007, 09:42 AM
Contributing Member

hmm got it today put it on my oxidated s14 trunk and didnt work.. it seems not to work with really oxidated paint but it does work with some small stuff like the clear coat on my s14 side mirrors were fading but it made them shiny again.

seems like it would be good to put on a car but it wont revive your car if its dead like they claim lol so i wont be setting my old trunk on fire but i do recommend this just for a quick lazy wax lol
Old 07-28-2007, 10:28 AM

You wouldn't happen to have like a spare hood or anything you can put it on and burn would ya? I just wanna see what happens when this **** does burn lol
Old 07-28-2007, 10:41 AM
Contributing Member

i have a broken cf hood lol ill try it out tomorrow when i take out my SR right now its too hot and i feel lazy lol
Old 07-28-2007, 10:54 AM

Awesome, you have to get a vid of it!!! I'll even host it for you!!!!!!lol!!!111oneone
Old 07-28-2007, 11:56 AM

Well if you watch the commercial, they DO wax the hood with the Liquid Diamond and they do start a fire ON the hood

Keep in mind, they don't set fire TO the hood!

They use lighter fluid which didn't absorb pass the wax, any surface that is NON-POROUS will withstand burns as only the lighter fluid will burn and not the actual surface.

But it still would be cool to see. What I would like to see is the hot tar! That's the one thing that I cannot scientifically explain other than hot tar doesn't stick to shiny surfaces, but they removed it so easily, LOL! I bet if it cooled it wouldn't be so easy to remove, LOL!

-Stig
Old 07-28-2007, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by OutToWinPAHC

As for tar...... Get goof off, and a tar removing sponge. then wash polish, and wax..... Good as new. I had tree sap all over my new black car before, worked like a charm
You need to use the water based goof off the oil based will eat right through the clear coat in seconds!!!
Old 08-04-2007, 05:19 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by USMCDrifter
Well if you watch the commercial, they DO wax the hood with the Liquid Diamond and they do start a fire ON the hood

Keep in mind, they don't set fire TO the hood!

They use lighter fluid which didn't absorb pass the wax, any surface that is NON-POROUS will withstand burns as only the lighter fluid will burn and not the actual surface.

But it still would be cool to see. What I would like to see is the hot tar! That's the one thing that I cannot scientifically explain other than hot tar doesn't stick to shiny surfaces, but they removed it so easily, LOL! I bet if it cooled it wouldn't be so easy to remove, LOL!

-Stig
I second that about the hot tar, on rough surfaces it will stick like a ****, but on surfaces like our cars, it'll come off easily, unless you let it cool down. Then you got one hell of a mess to clean up. The tar cooled will actually stain the clear, so now you have this blackish-brownish stain to it.