General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

mmmm 2007 Nissan 240SX???

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 01:09 PM

4. factory turbocharging of the new 240 will not likely happen. especially if it's RWD. why would Nissan want to have a less expensive, entry-level sports car cutting into their Z sales? and, of course, there's the whole DOT/insurance institute thing...

SCREW THAT DOT/CRAP they should rot!!!.
Old 06-28-2005, 01:14 PM
Contributing Member

thanks, B.V.

S_S -> granted, i'm not as big a fan of the new "Skyline's" shape as i am of the previous generation, but the truth remains that this is what it is. also, i'd love it if Nissan kept the RB series, but they opted for the VQ's instead. however, i have faith that we'll still see amazing vehicles from them. consider it, for better or worse, evolution. the Skyline (non-GT-R) has seen the CA18, FJ20ET, and the L20ET before receiving the RB's. and, considering that the final engine choice has yet to be solidified for the GT-R, there's still the possibility for something cool to happen.

EDIT:
Originally posted by SHIFT_Sideways
SCREW THAT DOT/CRAP they should rot!!!.
couldn't agree w/u more. otherwise, guess who'd have a pristine S15 sitting in his driveway...?

Last edited by Sil40_Mayhem; 06-28-2005 at 01:16 PM.
Old 06-28-2005, 01:52 PM

Originally posted by Sil40_Mayhem
thanks, B.V.

S_S -> granted, i'm not as big a fan of the new "Skyline's" shape as i am of the previous generation, but the truth remains that this is what it is. also, i'd love it if Nissan kept the RB series, but they opted for the VQ's instead. however, i have faith that we'll still see amazing vehicles from them. consider it, for better or worse, evolution. the Skyline (non-GT-R) has seen the CA18, FJ20ET, and the L20ET before receiving the RB's. and, considering that the final engine choice has yet to be solidified for the GT-R, there's still the possibility for something cool to happen.
The truth remains that the Skyline should infact remain to use inline engines rather than V engines.
The potential for bolt on's to be bigger/badder and true harnessed CHP and Torque remain in the Inline.......
I've usually disliked v shaped anything engines the angle in which the down stroke produces power is very awkward.
Hopefully we will see the rebirth of the L28, or the RB both great engines with massive potential in power gains.
If Holden engines and nissan produced a contract to bring the RB back from the DEAD "1959", "once engineered by prince motors which was purchased from Nissan", the possibilities of bringin' back an engine are endless.
Especially since technology and engine management become better for all engines............
CVET and newer 32bit emulation.................
Old 06-28-2005, 02:06 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by BigVinnie
The truth remains that the Skyline should infact remain to use inline engines rather than V engines.
The potential for bolt on's to be bigger/badder and true harnessed CHP and Torque remain in the Inline.......
I've usually disliked v shaped anything engines the angle in which the down stroke produces power is very awkward.
Hopefully we will see the rebirth of the L28, or the RB both great engines with massive potential in power gains.
If Holden engines and nissan produced a contract to bring the RB back from the DEAD "1959", "once engineered by prince motors which was purchased from Nissan", the possibilities of bringin' back an engine are endless.
Especially since technology and engine management become better for all engines............
CVET and newer 32bit emulation.................
i agree whole-heartedly that the inline engine should make a comeback. i'm just not very confident that will happen. i mean, damn, even BMW (about the I6 havingest brand out there) dropped the I6 from the next gen M3 (in favor of a scaled down V8 based on the new M5's V10). but, as u said, anything's possible. so i'll just keep my fingers crossed...
Old 06-28-2005, 02:52 PM

Who ever mentioned chassis sharing is right. They're not gonna make a new platform for 1 car. They're gonna chassis share with sentra most likely. Right now Nissan is making smart decisions for themselves.
Old 06-28-2005, 03:07 PM

Originally posted by Chiefgmsr
Who ever mentioned chassis sharing is right. They're not gonna make a new platform for 1 car. They're gonna chassis share with sentra most likely. Right now Nissan is making smart decisions for themselves.
Not as far as consumer sales......
If I wan't FF I'll buy a Honda with a K24A, I buy chevy,BMW, and Nissan strictly for FR......
In my mind it is a horribly bad desicion that will effect there consumer base with people like me.
Shure share the same chassis and keep production cost low, but when it comes to selling the car I won't be there to buy one.....
So really it's not the smartest decision......

Last edited by BigVinnie; 06-28-2005 at 03:09 PM.
Old 06-28-2005, 05:38 PM
Contributing Member

yea, but u gotta remember that sport enthusiasts are in the minority~ guys like us don't even come close to making any sort of significant profit for them.
Old 06-28-2005, 07:33 PM

Originally posted by CowboyTurbo
yea, but u gotta remember that sport enthusiasts are in the minority~ guys like us don't even come close to making any sort of significant profit for them.
I guess we will just leave it to the GAY executives runnin major corporations then...........
I do buy semi new vehicles at the dealer ship, I'm just not the idiot that buy's it brand new with 0miles.............
Cmon' dealer markup these days is above 10%, I'm not giving SATAN my money and over inflated intrest on somethin that depreciates anyway, I'M NOT CRAZY............
Or maybe I am?????????????

Last edited by BigVinnie; 06-28-2005 at 07:40 PM.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:05 PM

Not as far as consumer sales......
If I wan't FF I'll buy a Honda with a K24A, I buy chevy,BMW, and Nissan strictly for FR......
In my mind it is a horribly bad desicion that will effect there consumer base with people like me.
Shure share the same chassis and keep production cost low, but when it comes to selling the car I won't be there to buy one.....
So really it's not the smartest decision......
CowboyTurbo explains more of what i meant in the nex post. Smartest decision for themselves mean. Making cars for less money and selling them to the majority of ppl that buy Nissan nowadays. What i meant was that they're not worrying about the enthusiasts like us. They're worrying about making 1 3.5 V6 & dropping it in nearly everyone of they're V6 cars.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:09 PM
Contributing Member

I guess we will just leave it to the GAY executives runnin major corporations then...........
I do buy semi new vehicles at the dealer ship, I'm just not the idiot that buy's it brand new with 0miles.............
Cmon' dealer markup these days is above 10%, I'm not giving SATAN my money and over inflated intrest on somethin that depreciates anyway, I'M NOT CRAZY............
Or maybe I am?????????????
no, ur not crazy. but that's precisely why companies cater to the new car buyer. that's how rich stay rich/get richer. that's what keeps stockholders happy. and, unfortunately for the enthusiast, that's what drives the trend in new car development...

EDIT:
dammit, Chief. u beat me to it.
Old 06-28-2005, 10:27 PM

Originally posted by Sil40_Mayhem
no, ur not crazy. but that's precisely why companies cater to the new car buyer. that's how rich stay rich/get richer. that's what keeps stockholders happy. and, unfortunately for the enthusiast, that's what drives the trend in new car development...

EDIT:
dammit, Chief. u beat me to it.
Sorry....... but it's the truth
Old 06-28-2005, 10:46 PM

well I can't handle the TRUTHHHH!!!! lol
Old 06-28-2005, 11:15 PM
Contributing Member

Neither can I dude...
Old 06-28-2005, 11:25 PM

I know it sucks....
Old 06-29-2005, 06:37 AM
Contributing Member

my people, i feel ur pain. it seems that most of us who are passionate about performance don't have extra bread laying around to cop a brand new whip and **** the warranty away w/mods. i know if i did, Motorex would have already delivered my R34 GT-R Nur and my S15 Spec-R Aero...

Quick Reply: mmmm 2007 Nissan 240SX???