General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

Power Window

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 01:52 PM

Lightbulb Power Window (resolved!!)

Yes, that's right b*tches, the problem had been resolve. After getting desperate and everything, I just slap the b*tch back and just drove it around with the window half-assed up for the whole week. And just yesterday when my dad was finally home from his weeks long home improvement somewhere in boston, I told the nig to fix it for me. He's an electrionic, anyway the problem was indeed the wire.

This is what he did::
1. removed the door panel (****en just yank shiitt out instead of unscrewing the handle cover **** (broke that))
2. unscrew the nuts that were holding the motor
3. let it drop down, and pulled out the wire connected (connector) to it
4. cleaned the wire up and the connector, since the driver side window is used more often than the pass's side. it had toothpaste buildup, just like your battery, but black though.
5. connected it back, re-sir-cur-ed it
6. blah blah blah
7. he also told me clean the motor's alil, there was lot of **** in it and on it, so that was also the problem why the window roll up so slowly.

A big thanks to my Daddie
A thanks to all the guys who had this problem and had been active about resolving it.
-------------------------------
Okay, here's the thing, I got a 1996 S14 se and my power window for the driver side just stop working. I know it's a common problem among zenki so as the sunroof off track shiit too. And yes I done my daily "search" already. I have found many threads created for it and the one that came close to "solveing" this problem didn't do it for me. So have there been anyone who have successfully solve this annoying problem?

btw: some ****** tried to ply my door at the black thingie of the side rear view mirror WHILE my window already have a 1 inch opening, ****en dent my door frame, feel my pain???

Last edited by Fuzzymemo; 08-23-2005 at 05:54 PM.
Old 08-10-2005, 07:24 PM

ANYONE?,....COME ON people....pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee...
Old 08-10-2005, 11:35 PM

take the door panel off
you will see a white box with a plug going into it
hit your window down switch you will hear it click like a relay
you need to replace that
Old 08-10-2005, 11:53 PM
Contributing Member

or save weight and replace them with old school crank windows
Old 08-11-2005, 12:38 AM

can't on s14's
Old 08-13-2005, 08:25 AM

but the lil thingie is...I don't have that small white box, haha the previous owner took it off or something, and my windor work just fine without it, well it like do the auto down like go alllll the way down until i hit the up and it stop there, but now it just stop, i think one of my wire is loose casue it would work like the other day and stop, hihi, well thanks for your replies guys
Old 08-13-2005, 11:06 AM

I opened my door panel again, I'm still missing that white box everyone been talking about, and I don't have a blue and green wire that people talks about too. my window worked again 2 days ago and as soon as I press it down like a half inch crack I stop it and want it to go up but noooooooooo it won't. (btw I only have the one action down button, the self down thingie don't work for me, maybe that's all that the rectangcular thingie do)...please help meeeeeeeeee...I started cutting wires as if there was no tomorrow, I'm getting really really really annoy by this and desperate too. I been trying to delivery food with a window that's almost all the way up for a week or two now, it's ***en hot in MA, 90 degree is burning my assss off, ahhhh help please....I'm begging ya, I did my google search to, on every ****en forum I find....
Old 08-15-2005, 06:24 PM
Contributing Member

no white box? there's GOTTA be some sort of box even if it's not white colored~ that box contains the power window amp. It's a dealer only part and it's most likely the part you need to replace. Do you hear a clicking noise when you try to put the window up and it doesn't move?
Old 08-15-2005, 06:58 PM

I really really hear the clicking noise, but I really don't have any kind of a box, I mean I see the connector for it but the box ain't there. My window works without it before, just auto down and normal up.
Old 08-15-2005, 07:00 PM

I got desperate and cut the ****en wires to the motor and but didn't even try to reconnect it, on saturday it rained in my car.
Old 09-03-2005, 05:56 PM

**** happen again, fu*cken gay *** ****, and now even the pass. ain't working...ahhhhhhhhhh
Old 09-03-2005, 06:01 PM
Contributing Member

hrm... if the passenger side isn't working either now, then it definitely isn't the "box" that you're missing in your door. Gotta be something else... i suck at electric stuff so hopefully u'll find someone else who can help...
Old 09-03-2005, 06:15 PM

yea the "box" thingie that I was missing, well i ordered it and it came in...I open my driver door side out...and to my surprise, or stupidity, there isn't a F*CKEN connector or anything that require to be connected....also my side view mirror came in but it was in maroon, so I had to paint it black since "imperial blue" isn't in any local auto parts store...so I took out the passenger side too, I rolled down the window....the last thing I remember doing was reconnecting the wire of the driver side, the wire to the motor, since they were the same color I just connected them whatever...and bam, the pass side don't go up anymore, but I checked if there was any power going into those wires that comes out of the control box, and there are....so hmm....I don't know man, this is the last thing I need to worry about, I'm in the middle of my 5 speed swap...and school is like in ****en 3 days....
Old 10-08-2006, 09:30 PM
Contributing Member

hmmm i got the window problem when it dosnt feel like working i hear a clicking but i dont see a box could you mean the accual switch? the one screwed on the door panel with the buttons on it with the white plug. the bottem of the switch kinda looks boxy and its white plastic
Old 10-09-2006, 04:57 PM

don't worry about the "box" thingie, it is expected that you hear the click, the real problem is not the switch it's your power window motor, it is being burnt out, just change the motor and you're pretty much set