S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   General (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/general-3/)
-   -   Run in with Johny law (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/general-3/run-johny-law-24416/)

Driftingkid101 07-09-2005 06:55 PM

Run in with Johny law

Decided to go drifting today with a friend for some footage.Well somebody called the cops to the parkin lot i just happened to pull out and see them comin alomost in time.Did a quick U turn and went the opp.Well they some how saw me and chased me down.So i get home get in trouble grounded blah blah blah.But man i realize somethin.I love cars theres no way they can stop my passion from growing and growing.One day i will be a drift king.
Thought id share the day.If you feel like leavin a story feel free.

silviadriver 07-09-2005 07:02 PM

well id say im glad they gave you a ticket. passion or not does not justify you doing what your doing on the streets or even a empty partking lot.

if you have such a "passion" take it ot the track.

nobody cares about reckless street racers like youreslf.

smokin240 07-09-2005 08:21 PM

he wasnt doing it on the street, he was in an empty parking lot. lighten up man.

Driftingkid101 07-09-2005 08:45 PM

Man if you want to start somethin find me in person ill be happy enough to put you in your place.Check yourself.And if you got somethin to say PM me this isnt your thread *******

Smokin240 thanx man

Driftingkid101 07-09-2005 08:46 PM

One more thing I didnt get a ticket so shove that **** talk right back up your hole.

silviadriver 07-09-2005 09:00 PM

Originally posted by smokin240
he wasnt doing it on the street, he was in an empty parking lot. lighten up man.
so i guess if two cars went into a parking lot and setup a drag race it is okay?

same shiet diff style of racing.

empty streets, empty parking lot, wth does it matter? its still the streets

your doing something illegal. so i guess its okay to deal drugs and shoot soembody in a empty parking lot compared to doing it at the street corner?

Originally posted by Driftingkid101
Man if you want to start somethin find me in person ill be happy enough to put you in your place.Check yourself.And if you got somethin to say PM me this isnt your thread *******

find you in person and put me in place? slow and sit down youngin, you just got your license, no need to act like a hardcore online.

you live in GA, i live in CA. use common sense [if you were taught any] that nobody would look for your monkey ass when you live across the country. there are better things to do than to look for u, just because you got butt hurt online and felt the need to "call" somebody out. what next? are you gonna say

"you think ur so bad man, why dont u come here so i can drift all over you."

no need to act hardcore and thuggish to cover up your stupidity that you seem to show on the streets.

lets not forget its dumb young kids like you that make insurance so high for all the other kids.

instead of being grounded what i think should of happened was, you and your buddies should of drifting into a pole, smashed your car, have the cops come, give you a ticket take your license away until 21, that way you can learn not to act stupid on the streets.

wat i said is harsh? probably. but a good lessoned learned if it does happen? hell yes.

Jack The GTR 07-09-2005 09:08 PM

for once i agree with silvia.......wtf do you want us to do be like "GOOD JOB OMG GOOD JOB!?!" you got busted by the cops doing that ghey drift thing in a parking lot. deal with it. not everybody in here is going to say you are so great because you GOT BUSTED. kthnx

revolutionz_s13 07-09-2005 09:48 PM

:werd:
I have lost my license 5 times now due to this ****...am I proud? no. Was it worth it? no. unfortunately, there are no tracks where I live, the closest one is a dragstrip 70 mi. away, and they only open about once a month, at a charge of $30 to race. no road tracks, no drift sessions. I have learned my lesson....yet I still do it because I have no other choice....but if you value your insurance premium, you will take it to the track.

LA_phantom_240 07-09-2005 09:51 PM

Originally posted by Driftingkid101

Smokin240 thanx man

Look, youre no 2fast 2furious hero here, so dont start talkin trash and acting tough... especially publically on the INTERNET, thats just dumb.

Another thing, dont flame so bad on him, a lot of us (i would imagine) have probably been through this situation, or something like it. Theres not always a track anywhere close to where you live... which is exactly what im stuck in. Not everyone is perfect, and im sure you all know this. I'm no ghandi either. A month ago i got a speeding ticket for doing 42 in a 30, at 11 at night... with a messed up speedo. I dont think i should ahve gotten it, but i cant stop it.

ANyways, thats my 2 cents

EDIT: Also, dont flame on him so bad because he posted a story, and said if anyone else wanted to post a story to do so, not roast him.

Fast1One 07-09-2005 10:44 PM

Weve all done stupid crap...but I agree wit silvia on this one also. Its the internet, someone is always going to hate on you because we all have our own freakin opinions. This thread is dumb....LOCK PLEASE

LA_phantom_240 07-09-2005 11:11 PM

hey dimwit, silvia said nothing about the net if im not mistaken... though I (<--- look) did

Cape 240 07-10-2005 06:55 AM

I wonder what your "drifts" look like. I don't think anyone who just got their liscense can drift.
Anyways, silvia brought up a good point, kids like you raise insurance for all of the rest of us. My insurance is going to be about 2,100 a year, that blows.
Also, i don't have a track near me either, the closest is a drag strip and figure 8 track about 2 hours away.
If your going to drift on the streets, and you have a cool story, then share it. However, don't try to be all tought in getting away from the cops andthen insulting people and calling them out, you lost what little respect you had.

LA_phantom_240 07-10-2005 07:18 AM

Very well said. I agree with that. Luckily, because my parents have good driving records, my insurance is only 140 a month on my acura (amazingly... and for full coverage!)... so its not TOO bad on my end, but as soon as i register a car in my name, its gonna go up to like 400 bux a month for liability

Driftingkid101 07-10-2005 11:32 AM

Ok yea maybe callin him out was a lil dumb.But **** man i wasnt bragging about getting busted i even put im just sharring my day.And no its not smart to deal drugs or shoot people in an empty parkin lot but drifting in it does not hurt anyone drugs and guns do.And if anything happens to my car its my fault.As for my drifts ill finish my video and put that **** up here than you can talk about them.Good day to all of you.

Slidin240 07-10-2005 12:20 PM

I think he's mad....

StanBo 07-10-2005 02:05 PM

I would stick to legal events or autocross. You are drifting in an undefined area.

Where is the apex?
Where is the boundry?
Where is the entry?
Where is the exit?

Fun yes.
Wrong yes.

Learing - very slow, unless you had cones or were floating around a pole.

Again no beef dude. I would love to see the video. The thing is. With no definition there is no where to judge your work.

Peace and hair grease.

Fast1One 07-10-2005 06:39 PM

Originally posted by LA_phantom_240
hey dimwit, silvia said nothing about the net if im not mistaken... though I (<--- look) did
Sorry I didnt write that correctly...im on vicoden right now :D I meant I agree with silvia about the whole kids doing stupid things and causing insurence rates to go up AND I agree with you about the internet thing...sorry for making myself unclear.

Originally posted by Cape 240
I wonder what your "drifts" look like. I don't think anyone who just got their liscense can drift.
Anyways, silvia brought up a good point, kids like you raise insurance for all of the rest of us. My insurance is going to be about 2,100 a year, that blows.

I feel you bro...My insurence is that high too and im under my parents insurence. Ive been lucky soo far. Six months without an accident or a ticket. To the thread starter....Just be careful next time and think before you act.

Cape 240 07-10-2005 07:12 PM

my parents would die before they put me on their insurance, you guys are lucky.
here i come $500 down payement and $288 a month!(assuming they charge over 9 months)
..... i think i'm going to be sick. lol

lrb_2000 07-11-2005 12:51 PM

hmmn... well, I also don't have a track nearby... it's about a 2 1/2 hour drive... so when it rains, I hit up empty parking lots as well... usually really late at night, 1am-4am.... and I take cones, and set up small courses, or figure 8's... just to practice and get a feel for it... I don't see what the problem is really, if the parking lot is empty, not a main road or by houses (so you don't wake people) who cares?

Just the other night, Friday, I was sliding across the lot going about 35ish, and these headlights turn on from the corner of the parking lot... so I let off the gas, get control and stop... then the spot light comes on, and i'm like "oh ****, we're in trouble" because this cop has been sitting there watching for at least 5 minutes...(my friend said he might have seen a car pull in a little earlier).. so I drive over and pull up right next to his window, and he's like:
"What's up guys"
"Umm, nothing", I said
"Maybe you should slow it down a little?", he says
"Alright, sorry about that", I reply
And he drives off out of the parking lot... I look at my friend i'm like "What the ****" how did we just get out of that?". so I just keep sliding around for about another 20 minutes... I thought we were ****ed, but he didn't even care.. probably because I was using cones, and didn't try to run away from him...I thought it was awesome.. So i'll continue to use empty parking lots for "practice" until somebody tells me to stop... I would never do it around other people or cars though.

BTW..., i'm 18, have one speeding ticket, and only pay $145/month for full coverage on my own policy.. I go through State Farm..... the color of your car also up's your insurance sometimes.

Slidin240 07-11-2005 01:07 PM

yeh i heard Red (any bright colors) cause more accidents so the insurance is more. dunno if thats tru tho

Fast1One 07-11-2005 01:25 PM

Originally posted by Slidin240
yeh i heard Red (any bright colors) cause more accidents so the insurance is more. dunno if thats tru tho
Its not the color, its the driver that chooses that color. Generally speaking people with red cars drive recklesly. Sucks for people like me with a red car who drive well, have to pay a little more...:anger2:

Slidin240 07-11-2005 02:42 PM

no, isnt it cus red is more distracting to other drivers?

just cus the person bought a red car doesnt mean their "aggressive" drivers

LA_phantom_240 07-11-2005 04:10 PM

no but its a psychological thing... how many ferraris have you seen that werent red? what about the most popular color of late model corvettes? Yellow and red. Red looks fast too.

SO what colors are insurance low on, besides white

Fast1One 07-11-2005 04:30 PM

no but its a psychological thing... how many ferraris have you seen that werent red? what about the most popular color of late model corvettes? Yellow and red. Red looks fast too.

SO what colors are insurance low on, besides white

Beige, silver...anything neutral.

LA_phantom_240 07-11-2005 04:41 PM

damn... i wanted to have my car painted a deep, dark red metallic type color. Ya know, something with a little class to it

Fast1One 07-11-2005 05:27 PM

damn... i wanted to have my car painted a deep, dark red metallic type color. Ya know, something with a little class to it
Thats what I wanted too...Now im like screw it, im not painting my car. Theres more important things to buy like an engine or coils.

LA_phantom_240 07-11-2005 06:31 PM

lol, i already started sanding and bodywork, so theres not turning back now!

Anyways, i have som shiot to buy, but paint comes first, then stereo, then mods...well, the higher level mods, not like intake, but turbo!

Fast1One 07-11-2005 06:37 PM

Oh...Ok

silviadriver 07-11-2005 10:08 PM

Originally posted by lrb_2000
it's about a 2 1/2 hour drive... so when it rains, I hit up empty parking lots as well...

thats not an excuse to use parking lots at night time to practice. gather a lot of people together whom share the same interest as you, and orgainze something. ever heard of DDay? take a guess where people hold autoX? yea parking lots but its orgainzed. dont use a tracking being X distance away and nobody to help as an excuse because it can be done.

yea there are tracks here in CA, but what use is a track if something isnt orgainzed for an event?

here in norcal, people organized events in parking lots. is it easy? no. is it expensive? yes. but thats why you rally people together, get sponsers to help and charage a fee to enter your ride.

Originally posted by lrb_2000
So i'll continue to use empty parking lots for "practice" until somebody tells me to stop..

ill continue to shoot people in the head until soembody tells me to stop, because it got away with it once.

lrb_2000 07-12-2005 12:55 AM

Originally posted by silviadriver

ill continue to shoot people in the head until soembody tells me to stop, because it got away with it once.

haha, that was good...

but no really, I swear i'm like one of the only people that even know what drifting is in this freaking town... there's no 240's here, no one into anything other than going "downtown" on weekends and trying to race their riced out hondas... it's sad... I really don't see why it matters if it's an empty lot... but who cares, not like i'm going to stop doing something because someone on the internet tells me it's bad... I'm using what I have, who the hell cares... I'm all for "street racing" and parking lot drifts.. as long as there's no one around, and not on the acual streets with other cars and ****, that's just plain stupid.

I only go out when it rains to do this stuff, because I don't feel like spending a lot of money on tires and what not... it's just something for me to look forward to when it rains... just some fun.

StanBo 07-12-2005 07:14 AM

thats not an excuse to use parking lots at night time to practice. gather a lot of people together whom share the same interest as you, and orgainze something. ever heard of DDay? take a guess where people hold autoX? yea parking lots but its orgainzed. dont use a tracking being X distance away and nobody to help as an excuse because it can be done.
Or DGTrials? Or Clubloose? Those are both governing bodies that are run by the drivers. Just normal guys making fun events.

I have driven 14+ hours to go drifting for a day.

If you want it bad enough you will figure a legal way.

yea there are tracks here in CA, but what use is a track if something isnt orgainzed for an event?
It is still an outlet that is there. You have to admit it makes things a bit easier. No excuse to put others at risk but it is easier.

here in norcal, people organized events in parking lots. is it easy? no. is it expensive? yes. but thats why you rally people together, get sponsers to help and charage a fee to enter your ride.
It is not easy. Insurance is a great hurdle that most organizers have problems with.

Rally your drivers.

Contact an organization like DD, DGTrials, Clubloose, East Coast Drifters or Look Out Drift.

If you have a location and the drivers they will come down and run the event. We have done it before and it rocks. Talk to me on AIM if you would like some contact info.

More events will grow our hobby and that kicks ass.

Totally right. It is a shame but that is how people think.

ZenkiOwns 07-12-2005 09:27 AM

Have any of you actually loked into these colors being more expensive? I don't know about your guys insurance rates but when I was under Allstate my adjustor said that the color and/or the tranny type had nothing to do with rates. And Insurance is the same from 18-25 in males, so it isn't just "dumb kids" it's guys showing off mostly that makes our rates higher. When my Uncle gets home I will see what he says about it, he worked for State Farm for eleventy some-ought years. Just giving you guys what I know...

s13driftslut69 07-15-2005 11:38 AM

who cares if someone goes out into an empty parking lot to go drifting its alot smarter than going out in the city and drifting and maybe getting in an accident and having it be ur own fault. props to guy going in the empty lot thats what i would do

Slidin240 07-15-2005 11:40 AM

^^^ cant read, cus this was already explained why its BAD and STUPID...

LA_phantom_240 07-15-2005 11:47 AM

what i think the general thought behind that is "there's worse things you could do" And i agree. You could do a lot worse. But sometimes you just gotta make do with what you got... ya know?

lrb_2000 07-15-2005 01:55 PM

exactly... i'm not just going to sit around and look at my car and wish I could drift it... because I don't have the money to drive probalby, 6+ hours to drift track everytime I wanna drift... plus no one in this town even has a car that can drift.. they're like 5 240sx in the town and they're all ****ty... so I can't really set anything up... I'm not stupid about this, I don't go to a parking lot and drift around cars and people.. i use cones, and light poles sometimes... in an empty lot... how can that be "bad" or "stupid"?.. I just work with what I have... I hate when people try to act like their opinion is the only "right" and anyone else is wrong.

Driftingkid101 07-15-2005 10:19 PM

I do the same thing my friend set up cones "which we later had to go back and get"There were no cars or people within 500ft of the lot probably further.And im not sayin what i did was right but if its not right what makes it wrong and whos to say it is wrong.
One more thing i cant organize something ok for one thing a 16 yr old kid asking permission will recieve an automatic no and for another no one else here drifts.

down_shift 07-16-2005 08:47 AM

Dude your in Warner Robbins, Atlanta is like two hours away absolute maximum, probably more like 1 1/2 hrs. DGTrials is hosting an event here next week. You can't say your too far away. The guys in Idaho and Montana can get away with that excuse but not you.

Driftingkid101 07-16-2005 10:30 AM

Let me know this earlier like when i signed up.Then i would have come up there.

phreze 07-16-2005 12:25 PM

You guys are straight noobs, the color of your car doens't make insurance go up or down thats a myth. They base it on what other ppl do in the smae car not the same color. If you have a red minivan your insurance is way lower then if you have a brown 240.