General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

Stig is FINALLY going to buy a Nissan!!! **Hint's inside**

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 04:54 PM
Contributing Member

Get me one too.
Old 07-22-2007, 04:59 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by BigVinnie
Still a good deal though, my friend just bought a 91 AUDI TT for $15000. compound the intrest he's paying $19000 total on it in 4 years....
Your getting a much better deal and it's a reliable NISSAN!!!

BTW..How is the R32 legal?
I know it's hard to get one in california and most state refs won't pass it because it isn't C.A.R.B compliant, I don't even think it is EPA approved.
they can be legalized but the price is high.. im not telling people to do bad things, but knowing people in motor vehicles and good welders can get you by. a full legalization with papers will set you back a bit if you are not financially stable.. my buddy who's skyline i drove paid 10k for his entire package which was car and all legal papers.

the R33 is the only one that is technically legal becuase it was crash tested and did well. there is much more behind this, but google is your friend.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Biggamehit
they can be legalized but the price is high.. im not telling people to do bad things, but knowing people in motor vehicles and good welders can get you by. a full legalization with papers will set you back a bit if you are not financially stable.. my buddy who's skyline i drove paid 10k for his entire package which was car and all legal papers.

the R33 is the only one that is technically legal becuase it was crash tested and did well. there is much more behind this, but google is your friend.
Please tell me more or PM me!! I would love to know how to get an R32 for not too much money. I met some guy at a car show who drives an S15. He used to own an R33 I think. He sold it and got the S15. I am going to try to get more info from him on how to get an S15 or a skyline here in CA. I have always wanted one of either but we will see what happens in a few years.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:00 AM

Like DJ said, Google is your buddy, I'm a firm believer in this, I often find myself just telling people to look things up because it's almost as if they refuse to do a little research themselves, oh well . . . .things happen.

In addition to what Donny has already said, keep in mind that all cars from Japan that are made AFTER the 1996 Model year (August of 1995) MUST have an OBDII fitted to their cars in order to pass California emissions.

BigVinnie, keep in mind that I live in Georgia, one of the East Coast's LARGEST international shipping ports. We do NOT have to ship into California, so we don't have t worry about cars being C.A.R.B legal, they just have to meet Georgia's criteria, which is moot seeing as how they're sent to port in Savannah. If push comes to shove, we can have cars sent to port in Miami which currently does not require cars to pass any EPA standards before coming ashore.

I think, of the east coast, DJ is going to have the hardest time with one, unless he knows someone that guards the shores. Maryland currently has the most strict port (according to research that I've done) for embargo. The customs agents there look at everything. Miami is usually just on the hunt for drugs and other illegal items so a Skyline without a cat or safety glass isn't an issue for them. Savannah is more concerned with the drug-trade as well, not only that, but there are TOO many surrounding cities of Savannah that do not require emissions and NO Georgia city requires a safety inspection.

-Stig
Old 07-30-2007, 06:06 AM
Contributing Member

uhm the cars are already here bro also i worked at the port of baltimore LOL.....

ps

SHut up stig.. SLAP... Elbow... punch

Last edited by Biggamehit; 07-30-2007 at 07:32 AM.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:34 PM
Contributing Member

I kinda figured there was a little loop, but you guys are out of CA... myself and Vinnie on the other hand... dont have it so easy. If a Skyline comes into CA borders, it must be inspected. CA Motor-V has it in their procedure manuals (and this is all programmed into their computers) that any vehicle imported from Japan must have DOT papers, BAR certificate and EPA approvals.

I know, we suck... you guys can say it already. I want a GTR so bad, but I cant afford the 100K price tag of the R36... That would be my ultimate retirment car. I guess I should start playing the lotto. If I win, DJ, Stig and Bryan get a GTR in the drive way with a red bow tie for their b-days.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:49 PM
Contributing Member

nice bro.. play them numbers
Old 07-30-2007, 04:32 PM

YAY! That gets you the bookoo cool points, LOL!

-Stig
Old 07-30-2007, 08:52 PM
Contributing Member

Seriously, if I win BIG, 3/4 of the cash is going to be invested and then... yeah... Wyclef's garage will be the equivalent of my driveway, not even looking into my 5 story garage... next door to my private drift track. HA in my dreams...

But a lot of the money will be invested into creating a competitive track in NorCal. F*k altamont racepark.

Time to hit it big baby!