General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

Stock gauges not glowing like they should.

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2004, 06:07 PM

Stock gauges not glowing like they should.

I just bought a 92 240sx about a month ago. I recently got a deck installed at Best Buy. After this, or seemingly so, my gauges will not glow, they read rpm and speed accurately, they just don't glow. I checked all my fuses under the dash and hood and cannot figure it out. Please, someone help me, nobody seems to know the problem. Any help is appreciated.
Old 06-19-2004, 07:59 PM
KFL

1.Check your dimmer switch if its off all the way to left
It's possible that the bulbs may be blown 4bulbs, you can remove the cluster and check the bulbs. The stereo has a illumination wire thats lights up the stereo at the same time the gauge cluster lights up. So the wires are linked to the same circuit. Chances are they shorted/wired something incorrectly and caused them to fail.(They wouldn't have checked the cluster as it only lights up at night)I would take it back if you feel uncomfortable removing the cluster, hopefully not too many days have passed.
Old 06-21-2004, 02:49 PM

So should I just pull the cluster and check the bulbs. I took it back to best buy and the guy pulled the stereo and checked the wiring and said everything was correct. He told me something about a small module under my fuse box behind the plastic panel that he said goes bad after so long, I haven't a clue, but I would really like to get my gauges glowing again, and soon. Any help is MUCH appreciated, I need to see my speed and rpm. Thanks.
Old 06-21-2004, 04:05 PM
Contributing Member

hmm.. im stumpped..

in the mean time.. get one of them 'mood light' things @ pepboys and stick that ***** by your cluster..