NA Motor Discussions regarding N/A KA24E, KA24DE, and SR20DE

#1 Cylinder not firing

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2003, 08:08 PM
war

#1 Cylinder not firing

My car is shaking really bad at idle and accels slower than sh*t so I took it to get it look at and they said the the #1 cylinder is not firing, they said it could be caused by the fraying of the wiring harness on the first injector, I was wondering if this was correct and if not what could cause my #1 cylinder not to be firing or what could cause my car to shake so bad?

Thanks
Old 11-11-2003, 09:12 PM

Are they saying that they're not getting a spark on cylinder one? or that there is a spark but no detontion?
If you don't have a spark, then it could be somthing within the wiring harness, but most likely it's a bad spark plug, or a bad sprak plug wire.
If you do have a spark but no detonation, it could be a timing issue, basically you're engine is creating a spark at the wrong time, causing the #1 cylinder not to make use of its compressed air/fuel mixture. Also check to make sure your injector is working, could be that you're simply having no fuel delivered to your cylinder, clogged injector or something like that.

I could be wrong and I hope that someone else will correct me if I am, but since the engine needs spark+fuel+compressed air - to work, if you don't have a working cylinder than it simply means one of the 3 components is missing :P
Old 11-14-2003, 08:24 AM
war

update

ok first injector wiring harness now fixed and still shaking, now there saying from where the 2 wires from the wiring harness were exposed they rubbed together and caused a short in my ecu, they said they is plenty of spark. He said that the wiring injector was gettin power but no ground. Anyone make any sense out of this for me.

Thanks