NA Motor Discussions regarding N/A KA24E, KA24DE, and SR20DE

Help what can i do to make my s14 faster

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2005, 09:18 PM

Help what can i do to make my s14 faster

i have a s14 silvia sr20de non turbo i have a exaust system and air filter and im curious as to what would be the best options for my $$ to get some performance out of my sr20?
Attached Thumbnails Help what can i do to make my s14 faster-s14.jpg  
Old 03-07-2005, 09:20 PM
Contributing Member

oh wow...rhd...badass...that car is pretty sick too...
Old 03-07-2005, 09:47 PM

yea there all like my one rhd i mean in new zealand
Old 03-07-2005, 10:03 PM

wow that car is amazing!
Old 03-08-2005, 12:04 PM

sell it and get something faster...

if you are really wanting to go another way stick a SR20DET in it. the SR20DE is different than the DET in regards to little internal bits and ****s. i would think that sticking a DET in your car should be easy.

but on a serious note...there are cars that are faster if you buy newer. i would sell my S14 if i could afford a S2000 or a MazdaSpeed Miata right now.
Old 03-08-2005, 01:55 PM

Wow no faith at all in your 240? Thats low man and to post it on this forum what are you thinking, it be better to 'pretend' you have a s2000 or a miata and go and post on one of their forums. Sure theyre great cars but dude dont go thinkin your 240s a POS that doesnt have potential because from what your sayin that exactly what came to mind when i read you post. If you really wanna get rid of your 240 that bad then try n sell it but dont disgrace it and stink up this forum because your all caught up in the new flashy cars...Thats a low blow to all the 240 owners on here. And of course the new cars are fast, new=better technology which=more hp, but theres no reason a 240 cant be as fast as an s2000 or a miata. S h i t that should be your goal to make your car faster so you can just smoke those cars thats what id do. But dont diss 240s thats just not welcome...
Old 03-08-2005, 03:23 PM

LOL good **** man , im asking what i can do to make mine(which is the burgandy s14 at the top of the page) faster and for the best options for my cash, cause quite frankly i aint loaded and i thought from reading your posts that you members are an on to it bunch that could quite easily help me out so yea,no ********* like that last dude who just wants a dream which he cant have like the s2000 and all he does is disrespect himself and all the other nissan lovers like myself
Old 03-10-2005, 08:34 AM

nice car...decide if you wanna engine swap or not... because if you start fixing up the engine and then decide to swap you'll just be wasting money...hmm...i would start w/ suspension then brakes then internals or engine swap=) haha be cool stick a KA in there and be different lol like how everyone here(USA) puts SRs in there car haha jk iono =X im bored
Old 03-10-2005, 10:53 AM

u lucky ****... that car should be mine.. if i had that car with that motor TODA everything =0P
Old 03-15-2005, 06:12 PM

Re: Help what can i do to make my s14 faster

Originally posted by S1DWYS
i have a s14 silvia sr20de non turbo i have a exaust system and air filter and im curious as to what would be the best options for my $$ to get some performance out of my sr20?
AEM underdrive pulley will free up degredation power.........
Aluminum flywheel will also free up some degredation power.......
Those 2 products together will free up about 15% of HP within the HP curve, it will also allow for better aspiration of the engine.
The AEM pulley is a great item because it allows you to reuse the stock dampener so it doesn't effect or shorten the life of your engine. The aluminum flywheel also allows free power within the drivetrain degredation loss. A combo package you can negotiate with retailers for under $450.00.
Or you can go with an APEXI SAFC and gain up to 20CHP depending upon the modifications made to the engine.
You can get one on EBAY for about $265, "I know because I purchased one....... Down fall to owning the APEXI is that you will have to spend about $150.00 to get it DYNO Tuned.......
Random Technology high flow CAT, will also free up 8 to10 HP in degredation loss. You can purchase one through stillen for about $280.
Best bang for your buck would to get HKS, or Greddy cams for your NA SR you can gain upto 30+CHP, cams cost about $200 at Nissan Performance. Install will cost between $200 and $300 depending on the shop you take it into for an install........
Hopefully that will help you with your NA sr.......
Old 03-16-2005, 07:50 AM

Originally posted by donteventry
Wow no faith at all in your 240? Thats low man and to post it on this forum what are you thinking, it be better to 'pretend' you have a s2000 or a miata and go and post on one of their forums. Sure theyre great cars but dude dont go thinkin your 240s a POS that doesnt have potential because from what your sayin that exactly what came to mind when i read you post. If you really wanna get rid of your 240 that bad then try n sell it but dont disgrace it and stink up this forum because your all caught up in the new flashy cars...Thats a low blow to all the 240 owners on here. And of course the new cars are fast, new=better technology which=more hp, but theres no reason a 240 cant be as fast as an s2000 or a miata. S h i t that should be your goal to make your car faster so you can just smoke those cars thats what id do. But dont diss 240s thats just not welcome...
lol you have no idea huh?

anyways on a serious note...ditch the SR20DE and get a turbo'd engine. the differences from the DE to the DET imo are worth it. there are internal aspects that i would not sacrafice.

btw...go and drive somethine new. yes can make a 240sx faster...anybody can make a 10+ year old car faster BUT. think of the money you just now wasted to smoke a MazdaSpeed Miata...you could have owned a new car with a warrenty.

warrenty > old cars

and if someone wanted to make the newer car faster...the 240 would be **** out of luck...pull your head out of your asses people...it has been almost 10years since the last 240 rolled out...you think that technology has just stopped?
Old 03-16-2005, 09:16 AM

Originally posted by barrigaS14
lol you have no idea huh?

anyways on a serious note...ditch the SR20DE and get a turbo'd engine. the differences from the DE to the DET imo are worth it. there are internal aspects that i would not sacrafice.

btw...go and drive somethine new. yes can make a 240sx faster...anybody can make a 10+ year old car faster BUT. think of the money you just now wasted to smoke a MazdaSpeed Miata...you could have owned a new car with a warrenty.

warrenty > old cars

and if someone wanted to make the newer car faster...the 240 would be **** out of luck...pull your head out of your asses people...it has been almost 10years since the last 240 rolled out...you think that technology has just stopped?
Actually true performance cost big money. I have a KA that is getting a performance rebuild......By the end of the rebuild I plan on pumping 240CHP. You shouldn't tell people that they have to go "turbo" , or this engine isn't worth it. Some people like to personalize what they have, or may not have the budget......You take for granted what most people probably can't afford"the engine swap with turbo"......... Believe me engine builders can take that stock sr20de, bore it out to 2.2 litters and get them pumping 230CHP street legal........
Oh I also failed to mention my engine will have more torque than an s2000. Bought my car for $2700, suspention upgrade $800, rebuilt high performance engine $4000.........$7500 for a car that will spank an s2000. Cost of a used 30,000mile s2000 $26000.00...
Take your pick if you get my drift.......LOL
My insurance rates are cheaper on my car than an s2000 also.....HAHAHAHA
C'mon Mazda speed..........Some one has been playin to many video games......."GT4 I'm assuming"

Last edited by BigVinnie; 03-16-2005 at 08:15 PM.
Old 03-17-2005, 01:02 AM

Originally posted by BigVinnie
Actually true performance cost big money. I have a KA that is getting a performance rebuild......By the end of the rebuild I plan on pumping 240CHP. You shouldn't tell people that they have to go "turbo" , or this engine isn't worth it. Some people like to personalize what they have, or may not have the budget......You take for granted what most people probably can't afford"the engine swap with turbo"......... Believe me engine builders can take that stock sr20de, bore it out to 2.2 litters and get them pumping 230CHP street legal........
Oh I also failed to mention my engine will have more torque than an s2000. Bought my car for $2700, suspention upgrade $800, rebuilt high performance engine $4000.........$7500 for a car that will spank an s2000. Cost of a used 30,000mile s2000 $26000.00...
Take your pick if you get my drift.......LOL
My insurance rates are cheaper on my car than an s2000 also.....HAHAHAHA
C'mon Mazda speed..........Some one has been playin to many video games......."GT4 I'm assuming"
actually i like to race on tracks. if you get my drift. and i would easily beat most cars out there with a MazdaSpeed Miata. ever driven one? btw are you talking stright line performance or stuff with twists? cuz i can't stand just going stright.

one more thing. 4000 for a high end rebuild and only getting 280? wow that is cost effective...while you could maybe just maybe find another 200sx (because he from the land down under) and swap the engine out. now i bet you 100 bucks it would be cheaper. plus he also stated cheapest way.

never said any way was better. hell i'd rather have a 280rwhp n/a car with a fatter torque curve but i don't have funding to do something like that.

one more thing before i stop reading this...

driver > car
Old 03-18-2005, 06:59 PM

Re: Help what can i do to make my s14 faster

Originally posted by S1DWYS
hey dude, welcome to the boards.

as far as best options for your money, I would definitely look for an underdrive pulley if I were you. check out NST, www.NonStopTuning.com for some more info. they have pulleys for the KA, SR, and the SRDET motors. I've had one of these things on my car for a while and have liked the results.

Good luck and have fun
Old 03-18-2005, 08:26 PM

actually i like to race on tracks. if you get my drift. and i would easily beat most cars out there with a MazdaSpeed Miata. ever driven one? btw are you talking stright line performance or stuff with twists? cuz i can't stand just going stright.
Hey all tuners are different bro. I use to mob an RX7 "and I wasn't an enthusiast of Mazda at all, also glad that it was my *****e'z ride and not mine", the NA's are crap with little to NO torque, and the FI's had to be tuned all the time. Mazda rotory engines are crap, and so are there 4bangers. I'm Nissan/Datsun all the way since I built my first 510...Have you ever driven a 510?
Nissan is known for torquey tuning, Mazda is known for "PEE WEE" tuning.......

driver > car
If you wan't to talk about drivers, I know I am probably better than you. I avoid cops all the time in illegal drift races. I was a member of the SCCA 2 years ago, still would be but I'm makin scratch ballin' right now. I don't post my name as Big V as an allias in the forums, my name was given to me by my associates........
But YEAH.....O.K....... if ya chose to come to Oakland and see how we drift it at Grizzley Peak, or the Oakland docks.........Please feel free to think you can swing it.....