NA Motor Discussions regarding N/A KA24E, KA24DE, and SR20DE

hit a pot hole and light gone out & only one goes down/retracts

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2004, 10:00 PM

hit a pot hole and light gone out & only one goes down/retracts

2day i hit a bump in the road and the driver side light went out. I shut the car down and turned the lights off..... passenger light folds down but the driver side stays up, and i can here the motor tring to pull it down and then stop for a sec and try again. I didn't want to bunt the motor out so got under the car and checked the light harness. uuuuhhhhh light...lolol but still have the pop-up light problem. I noticed that the arm on the inside was in the incorrect place. some how it got forced back farther bown and was jammed. Like an stupid-O I tried to put it back to the place that the other side had its, but it popped. a little blue peice came off and the arm just it not attached to the light lid. the blue piece doesn't appear to be broke but just off. I need help to put it back and fix it
Old 04-08-2004, 10:04 AM

I dont know much about the lights on an S13, but if you really cant get it fixed, try taking your car to the nissan dealership and see if they can help you out with it. Otherwise, its best you wait for Hyjinx to get to your question and if i were you I'd perform a 'search' on 's13 headlights' on the search page before he gets here.

Come on Hyjinx, this man needs saving.
Old 04-08-2004, 11:31 AM
Contributing Member

Sounds like you ***ed your driver side headlight. Im pretty sure its just not into place(the pot hole most likely "hit" it out of place)and you probably made it worse. I would take the whole assembly out and put it back in correctly, or replace it with one from a junkyard.

Dont know If I hleped ya out much but I tried