NA Motor Discussions regarding N/A KA24E, KA24DE, and SR20DE

Individual Throttle Bodie !project!

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2004, 08:05 PM

Individual Throttle Body !project!

ok all you guys, i have a ka24det with jwt ecu, running @ 8psi and mid 200whp area! i love the turbo, love the power, but im an all motor freak! i dont like the powerband/power delivery, or the sound, and its my daily driver! so im taking off the turbo setup, for these and other reasons (weight reduction- my car is gutted to the max for a streetable car, and the turbo setup weighs like 100lbs at least.....handling should be noticably improved!)

so im going all motor......these gsxr 750/1000 itb's are going on as soon as i can affford the $ and time to build myself a fiberglass plenum for them. i am keeping my cobra maf and aac operational, so the car should idle and drive almost like stock!

here's a sneak preview from my phone camera for all you all motor guys to drool over.......just need to hack the manifold and figure out a bracket for the tps, already got the aac and vacuum all routed, working on the custom fiberglass plenum! (money's kinda tight right now so when i get some ill make the mold for the plenum and then i can make it.)
Attached Thumbnails Individual Throttle Bodie !project!-picture292_08sep04.jpg  

Last edited by sage; 09-08-2004 at 08:14 PM.
Old 09-08-2004, 08:06 PM

the stock manifold, to bed chopped in the middle
Attached Thumbnails Individual Throttle Bodie !project!-picture290_08sep04.jpg  
Old 09-08-2004, 08:08 PM

from the side......the plenum will mate up to this fiberglass plate, which will be sealed around the runners with silicone (ghetto gasket)
Attached Thumbnails Individual Throttle Bodie !project!-picture297_08sep04.jpg  
Old 09-08-2004, 08:09 PM

the gsxr1000/750 itb's by themselves, with secondary butterflys removed.
Attached Thumbnails Individual Throttle Bodie !project!-picture294_08sep04.jpg  
Old 09-08-2004, 08:13 PM
Contributing Member

Nice. I assume this is for the KA. This will definitely help the KA breathe a lot better and help in throttle response. Can't wait to see the finished product and the outcome on the KA. One step closer to achieve power with the KA NA style. Haha, can't wait to here the ITBs screaming on the KA, makes you wanna change your pants already...
Old 09-08-2004, 08:15 PM

heheh yeeeup put perfectly! and with the plenum it muffles the noise a bit, so you get more of an individual sound from each cylinder instead of all mushed together, ooooooooh i cant wait!
ill post a sound clip of my car, both turbo, NA, and NA ITB when its done!
Old 09-08-2004, 08:19 PM

unfortunately, i am a poor college kid and cannot afford cams or a proper header (will be running stock e.m.) or a rebuild with high compression pistons etc. or to get it dynoed again by jwt to extract max power. however, i will do plenty of butt dynoing and i drive my car very hard every day, both straight and corner, so i will be able to comment both on power delivery, driveability, and power added/lost.
-sage
Old 09-08-2004, 09:03 PM
Contributing Member

Alrighjt, can't wait and good luck to you. I would help you out, but I'm a poor soon to be college guy myself, lol.
Old 09-08-2004, 09:06 PM

hehe yeah, u know ur poor when u cant afford 20$ worth of supplies from home depot! should be done next week when some rebate money comes in tho
Old 09-08-2004, 10:36 PM

THANK YOU I ****En LOVE U! UR MY ROLE MODEL AS OF NOW...
Old 09-08-2004, 11:29 PM

Originally posted by QR25DE
THANK YOU I ****En LOVE U! UR MY ROLE MODEL AS OF NOW...
lol cool well at least someone is enthusiastic about ITB's

i guess i could post my other mods as well:
car:1989 240sx, ka24de with jwt ecu, cobra maf, 50lb injectors.
suspension:tein HE drift spec with pillow ball mounts, Advan RS-RR rims, anti-roll bar bushings, project silvia tc rods, strut tower braces front and rear, custom re-inforced front lower control arms and tc connect arms, just like the nismo ones! custom half welded motor mounts for extra drivetrain stiffness, but keeping the car liveable
interior: gutted, 4pt cage, batt relocate kit, s14 seatbelts, tomei steering wheel, sparco corsa seat.
currently working on: ITB's from gsxr1000, making bolt on solution for sloppy rear end bushings....anyone interested if i come up with a cheap-ish solution that is bolt on?

future plans: big brakes, (prabably rotora front and rear), 10pt cage, solid rear suspension, s13 silvia front end, 180sx tails, new white paint job, and a big displacement motor swap.
Old 09-09-2004, 01:30 AM

nice.. how's the JWT ecu going for u?... i herd the JDMRICE s13 blew because of it
Old 09-09-2004, 08:52 AM
Contributing Member

This will be a monster

Wish I could have the money to run ITB's on the miata haha
Old 09-09-2004, 12:58 PM

Originally posted by QR25DE
nice.. how's the JWT ecu going for u?... i herd the JDMRICE s13 blew because of it
wow i havent heard about that, but i dont have much time for browsing the boards anyhow. what were the circumstances? must have been a reason other than just the ecu, its just modified fuel and timing maps using all the best of the stock ecu also! personally havent had any problems, i get around 25-26mpg highway, low 20's city driving, this is mostly feather footing it! dont have an egt guage, tho i know they get pretty hot sometimes (my stainless exhaust tip has some bluing on it )
otherwise driveability and everything else has been great, no complaints!

hey hyjynx, so far $$ wise im about 200$ into the setup, its not the money its how much time you have and effort your willing to invest! 100$ for itb's from a motorcycle, 40$ for velocity stacks (crappy generic but oh well), however much u can pick up a stock manifold for, chop it and work out your fueling.....ill prabably be about 250$ into them or less when im finished!
-sage
Old 09-09-2004, 03:48 PM
Contributing Member

Care to mass produce? Lol, I'd love a set on my car.

Quick Reply: Individual Throttle Bodie !project!