NA Motor Discussions regarding N/A KA24E, KA24DE, and SR20DE

Louder!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2004, 09:24 PM

Originally posted by -HyJynX-
Lets try and keep this on topic guys, thanks.
poke some holes in the muffler n pipe. hahaha j/k
Old 10-26-2004, 01:40 AM

hmmm I think i can help u with making it louder AND FASTER!!!!!=0P ... Supercharge it! www.turbonator.com 1-866-442-5199. OR SIMPLE TAKE OFF UR WHOLE EXHUAST its cool yo it really is.. You know what else is tite? you could have fire comming out of your exuasht just run lean! its bad *** it really is yo
Old 10-26-2004, 03:37 AM

Originally posted by QR25DE
hmmm I think i can help u with making it louder AND FASTER!!!!!=0P ... Supercharge it! www.turbonator.com 1-866-442-5199. OR SIMPLE TAKE OFF UR WHOLE EXHUAST its cool yo it really is.. You know what else is tite? you could have fire comming out of your exuasht just run lean! its bad *** it really is yo

A few debates:

1. Turbonator is a non-moving centrifugal vortex device. Not a supercharger. Superchargers are, and always will be, belt driven forced induction devices. The turbonator is an over rated cold air intake that I've had people tell me doesn't even work. It adds about as much noise as running an open intake.

2. Taking off your entire exhaust system would NOT be cool. Because so much heat would build up inside your engine bay while idling that it wouldn't be something to laugh at. Not to mention the fact that all of your emissions are going right under the hood.

Also, even if you are just running open headers, this guy wants something that is a daily driver, the toll that runing open manifold/headers does to your engine is inumerable and sometimes irreputable by pheasable means. I wouldn't do that to a daily driver either.

3.Fire out of the exhaust is NOT TIGHT! It may look cool, but your engine doesn't like it. Not to mention that if he is keeping his cats/resonator that he might as well kiss those goodbye. Not to mention if he likes his engine. A few times spittin out flames like that (ESPECIALLY WITH THAT OLDER KA ENGINE) and he'll have to rebuild before he knows it.

AWWW MAN, and you don't run LEAN to spit flames, you run rich. At least an 10.5 to run Air-Fuel-Ratio. That is given that stock AFR in your area is between 12 and 12.6.

Anyway, like I said, for the guy who wants to make his car "LOUDER" think about making it louder by adding more power, (Cold Air Intake, Turbo Charger, Header, Straight Pipe Exhast even)
don't just BS your way through because that's what has made the Civic's and other import owners have such a bad name. Please don't do it to the 240sx, I'll be highly disappointed. And I'm sure that goes for a lot of people here.

And for the guy that posted that "helpful" information. Dude, before you give someone some wild advice, look into it, that's not cool, even to give a ricer, advice that will lead to the inevitable distruction of vital engine components and maybe even damage the vehicle in and of itself.

This thread is turning into something that I've feared for a long time. The 240sx turning in to the "Drifters Honda Civic". And it's so true, I'm just now realizing this. The 240 is to drifting as the Honda Civic is to street racing. You see them everywhere. This thread is almost enough to make me want to buy an AE86 or something ELSE rear-wheel drive. But, I love my car and I have students to teach, I can't take all this time to learn the balance and physical dynamics of a new car, so I'll continue to use this one.

I honestly do hope that you do not rice-out the 240, sir. It wouldn't be in anyones best interest to do that.

Thank you.

Take Care,
-Dave
Old 10-26-2004, 12:49 PM

Originally posted by USMCDrifter
This thread is almost enough to make me want to buy an AE86 or something ELSE rear-wheel drive.
I've always wanted to rice a DeLorean.
Old 10-26-2004, 02:49 PM

ahhaah iight iight yea i was kidding about all the stuff i said. If you want your car to sound cool get the fire 5ZIGEN cat back. www.5zigenusa.com It's loud enough and works best with the NA KA. Add it with Hotshot headers and CAI. Your car should sound the way u want it... If you're poor, then just get a fire 5zigen muffler. And to my *****, I was kidding about those things. You're on the east coast and the rice is different from the rice here on the west =0) www.teamrice.org
Old 10-26-2004, 05:14 PM

ahhaah iight iight yea i was kidding about all the stuff i said. If you want your car to sound cool get the fire 5ZIGEN cat back. www.5zigenusa.com It's loud enough and works best with the NA KA. Add it with Hotshot headers and CAI. Your car should sound the way u want it... If you're poor, then just get a fire 5zigen muffler. And to my *****, I was kidding about those things. You're on the east coast and the rice is different from the rice here on the west =0) www.teamrice.org
It's all good bro, nothin but love here in Club240, no harm no foul right? It seems you have a good head on your shoulders so I won't hold it to ya.

Oh yeah, I checked out that site. Gyah, those are some wicked clean cars bro. I see how they do it on the west coast. But, I will not give up on my fellow Atlanticers, I shall be one of the ones to bring the car scene to the same level as the west coast. I'll do my part by continuing to give drift lessons. I guess that's my role in life. I'll just have to open that school now I guess.

Take care,
-Dave
Old 10-27-2004, 02:46 AM

crazi =0) I checked the site in your sig and its bad ***! I like the picture of you guys on the touge =0P
Old 10-27-2004, 03:45 AM

crazi =0) I checked the site in your sig and its bad ***! I like the picture of you guys on the touge =0P
Before I get flamed and this thread gets closed, LOL, that's not our car club in the mountains. It's a random pic that I found in Yahoo Images. It fit right in, but everyone thinks that it's our club. I should find a way to let everyone know that the club in the picture isn't ours.

Although it would be hot if it was.

Take Care,
-Dave
Old 10-27-2004, 08:19 AM
Contributing Member

Are there even a lot of twisty roads in D.C?
Old 10-27-2004, 08:52 AM

Technically, I live in VA. I'm about 3 miles south of D.C. I know cause we run there and back every day, LMAO!!!

VA has Skyline Drive which is about 3 hours south of my location, but it's worth the drive. There are counties like Fauqier and Frontrauh and Shanendoah which offer extremely mountainous areas due to the Appalacian Mountains.

As far as D.C. is concerned, there are quite a few twisty roads, I was suprised when driving through D.C. my car club took a few mainstreets to a back road and we found some EXTREMELY twisty and windy roads that, in the MIDDLE of D.C. now, had Deer Crossing warning signs!!! I was like

It all depends on where you inhabit I guess.

Take Care,
-Dave
Old 10-27-2004, 12:13 PM
Contributing Member

Cool, I thought there wasn't many at all but I was wrong
Old 10-27-2004, 03:18 PM

yea i've herd of the Appalacian Mountains. Indians used to run the touge there =0P.
Old 10-27-2004, 03:50 PM

What I believe in driving my 240 is riding it with slick style. It's supposed to be smooth looking and smooth running through any road conditions (except dirt =P), not some rice rocket blasting NOS like the movies. So for the love of god, NOT BOMEX NOR VIELSIDE RICING KITS!
Old 11-18-2004, 07:00 AM

i didnt expect mine to be loud but , i got a obx header, 2nd cat is gutted. 2.5 in cat back exhuast with very minimal bends and a n1 style muffler of ebay. its loud as hell. but im running it with the silencer on due to police. i did notice performance gains though. if u want loud, theres the way to do it.

Last edited by driftinS14; 11-18-2004 at 07:08 AM.