NA Motor Discussions regarding N/A KA24E, KA24DE, and SR20DE

Well **** me in the goat ass....

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 10:04 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by LA_phantom_240
bah i dont want an sr... everyone has it and theres a few things about it i cant stand... ca all the way.. or rb

Ill probably end up getting another KA for the time being... sux like hell...
sorry about the bad luck man. Stick with the NA KA... Looking back, i would sooo much rather have a nice 180-200hp na motor over this stupid turbo ****. I have a friend who is selling his built na ka (~200hp) right now if you are interested
Old 07-18-2006, 08:45 AM
Contributing Member

...must be pricey... how many miles?
Old 07-18-2006, 10:03 AM

wait, about the KAE pistons... I was told that the early models didnt have releifs, and the newer models did... also that the older model pistons arent in production anymore. Also, about the 1990 KAE pistons... do they have the CORRECT reliefs? Will the 1990 models still rise too high and not let me use higher lift cams?
You will be fine with the 1990 pistons, Devious KA has stated that there is almost no clearance in valve hiegth using the pre 1989 withy th eraised dish of .020.
Nissan no longer makes anything that was pre1989, although if you really wanted some Gabe can get them for you.
Okay Bigvin, i got everything from the radiator to the water pump off of the motor. I have a question though. Do the alternator PS pump and A/C compressor have to come off too? If so, how should i go about doing it? I have a few more items to add to my list of parts i need.
A Radiator, cuz mine looks like this:

And also, i found that my lower tensioner ISNT bad...*sigh*... As i went to pull off the water pump pulley, i decided to try to turn the motor clockwise (facing the motor) and watch the tensioner... as i turned it, it came out and put tension on the chain. ****. So why did my chain eat through the guide? Have i run it so hard that the chain stretched THAT much? im really lost on this one.
Basically you are going to need to strip the motor. That means everything has to go.
Pretty much you have an old engine and timing assembly the chain was more than likely flapping too much underload.
Also, i found a front cover from a 95... will it work? heres the auciton link. Let me know what you think... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/240SX...QQcmdZViewItem

Upon second thought... looks like ima have to pull the motor to get it out. ****.
Front cover of the 95 will work.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:47 AM

well sounds like you already found your problem but just to follow up i didnt take any pics we already put the new motor in and all but the head gasket was shot or the head was warped from it runnin so hot, all the coolant apparently went out the exhaust and since we just filled it cause of a new radiator thermostat etc. the week before I didnt think to check the coolant level, and it overheated so i let it cool, drove it again cause i was way out in the middle of nowhere on the way home from rockingham and was stopped at a prison parkin lot lol and next time it overheated it started knockin real bad, and the radiator wasnt even hot just the engine! lol so i think either the gasket went or the aluminum head warped from all the heat I just replaced the motor tho since I found that motor for so cheap, but yea it was out of a 95 and had 60,000 miles on it either way for me the head/head gasket was messed up in my case but good luck with gettin yours takin care of sounds like its gonna be a beast