Off-Topic Anything Non-Related to the above topics.

"Faster than a Ferrari"

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 06:41 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by OutToWinPAHC
Hmm I have driven the 07 Z06, about at the top of third I was around 100-115. I dont think his honda is doing that.
that has nothing to do with power (well some but not in this case) thats all about gearing my little honda topped out 3rd was 125mph but i had the f22 tranny in it and that had long gears.

now how fast you get there in third now thats power lol
Old 06-25-2007, 06:47 PM

yeah, but how fast did you get there? No where as fast as the Z06 did
Old 06-25-2007, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by battosaii930
that has nothing to do with power (well some but not in this case) thats all about gearing my little honda topped out 3rd was 125mph but i had the f22 tranny in it and that had long gears.

now how fast you get there in third now thats power lol
Now your only down the road, lets put a challange to this. I am 30 minutes away, take me for a ride in your honda. Theres no way your hitting 125 in third in that thing.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:56 PM

*sigh*

Is this really going to turn into a testosterone battle??

-Stig
Old 06-25-2007, 07:03 PM

ehh my sigs says Philly, but I Am in Flroida for another month. I just have to call him out on that statement. I am really only 20 minutes from Miami so I would love to see him live up to that statement.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:34 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by USMCDrifter
*sigh*

Is this really going to turn into a testosterone battle??

-Stig
yep sure looks that way.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:17 PM
Contributing Member

I'm with PAHC on this one. What does that civic hit in 5th gear, 180mph? Cmon, its a Civic.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:19 PM

yeah im not trying to start nothing, but it just not possible. And if it is I wanna see it. Im right down the road. I'll come to him.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:18 PM

Well a Prelude, or anycar, with the right gearing can hit 125 in 3rd, I mean, the 1995 Mustang GT hits 82 in 2nd and 123 in 3rd . . .it won't do it as fast as a Corvette, but what are we arguing about. It's an American car, nothing matters on it.
LOL!
-Stig
Old 06-26-2007, 02:27 AM
Contributing Member

While we're at it lets whip out our ***** and see how long they are.

No, seriously...what's the point? Back to the article; I'm just tired of people like that giving us a bad name. "I put 10,000 dollars in my car, blah blah blah." -- Please. You're in highschool. Unless Mommy and Daddy are so rich, you don't have to pay for anything; why on EARTH would you have a Honda?

Where I live (Near Fairfax County) parents buy their children M3's, Z3's, SLK's and Hummers, but the little ****s are still ungrateful. It's a rare occasion that one of these rich kids buys a Honda and mom and dad pays to mod it. They really want reliable cars to get their little kids to college and back. It's disgusting.

To each his own I guess.
Old 06-26-2007, 04:21 AM
Contributing Member

dude i know it wont do it as fast im not dumb im just saying mph in a gear is about how high your redline is and how long your gear is.

the zo6 is a bad *** car im not saying nothing bad about it dont get me wrong.

also i dont own a honda anymore lol only my 240 now
Old 06-26-2007, 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by USMCDrifter
Well a Prelude, or anycar, with the right gearing can hit 125 in 3rd, I mean, the 1995 Mustang GT hits 82 in 2nd and 123 in 3rd . . .it won't do it as fast as a Corvette, but what are we arguing about. It's an American car, nothing matters on it.
LOL!
-Stig

No offense but your statement is idiotic... The orgin of a car means nothing at all. Just to hate something for a reason as trivial as to where its from is silly. Everycar company makes good and bad. GM has made some huge mistakes for the last few years, but they have a number of benchmarks over the years as well. The small block chevy was the blue print to powerful cars. Guys like edelbroc were racing SBC with turbos in the 50's out in the deserts of Nevada.

I refered to the z06 because the artical said he honda could beat a vette. And I have driven a stock 07 z06 and that thing was just nasty. Plus there are a number of power adders out there for that thing, a 10k in upgrades to one of those your making 800-1000 horse, in a light weight car that handles better the most anything on the road. Not to mention by disabling the speed management in the ECU will allow you to hit 210mph safely.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:37 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by OutToWinPAHC
No offense but your statement is idiotic... The orgin of a car means nothing at all. Just to hate something for a reason as trivial as to where its from is silly. Everycar company makes good and bad. GM has made some huge mistakes for the last few years, but they have a number of benchmarks over the years as well. The small block chevy was the blue print to powerful cars. Guys like edelbroc were racing SBC with turbos in the 50's out in the deserts of Nevada.

I refered to the z06 because the artical said he honda could beat a vette. And I have driven a stock 07 z06 and that thing was just nasty. Plus there are a number of power adders out there for that thing, a 10k in upgrades to one of those your making 800-1000 horse, in a light weight car that handles better the most anything on the road. Not to mention by disabling the speed management in the ECU will allow you to hit 210mph safely.
...I think it was a joke.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:48 AM
Contributing Member

What I'm saying is does that stock civic even have the ***** to get that fast? It's gotta top out sometime.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:05 AM

Okay, first of all, I talk badly about American cars because American cars are made poorly. I don't just talk about them to be cynical, I talk about them because the Americans have yet to prove to me that they can build a quality car. If you REALLY are so into American cars you would KNOW that even the American auto manufacturers (and this is after I've made phone calls to them) ADMIT that their cars aren't made "To The Standard of BMW or Porsche" because they are made with the idealism that most Americans WILL trade out there car in 3 to 5 years. European cars are made to last longer because the European morale is to keep your car as long as possible. That's probably why they cost so much more.

To say that my notion is idiotic insinuates that I'm making an assumption without any idea of what I'm talking about. Those who know me know that this simply isn't the case. Don't get me wrong, the American's are slowly but surely coming back around, sad to say that Saturn has got the ball rolling, this is a slow process because even American enthusiasts will tell you that the ball has dropped on quality of cars that roll from American manufactures after the close of the 1960's.

This is cold-hard FACT not opinion. We as Americans do a LOT of things very well, building cars is NOT one of them. American's believe in wide-opened straight roads. If you want to turn, you're best to buy something from overseas. Really getting into it, I can say, without feeling opinionated (as in I'm actually stating a fact) that the Europeans build the best cars.

Why?

Look at current build quality, performance aspects and reliability. American cars are little pieces of crap with VERY few exceptions, the American Auto Manufacturers don't care what your car is like after it's 5th year in service. If you're going for economy, you can find better in the Japanese or European market, if you're going for performance, unless you're talking about a straight line, then you can DEFINITELY find better when searching for a car overseas, and if you're looking for a car that you can trade in with a relative equal value to what you bought it, then you're definitely looking in the wrong place. Honda has the best resale value, yeah, that's Japanese, in fact, the top 5 resellers are all Japanese, rounding up the 6th place spot is a European car maker by the name of Volkswagen. So lets continue...

Japanese cars are OKAY but that's only once you consider that all Japanese Manufacturers have done over their past (FOREVER) of making cars is copy what the Europeans have done. Don't believe me, look it up, this is cold hard FACT. I remember researching it while I was going through racing school at Racing Adventures in West Virginia. The Japanese disappoint me because if you look back throughout the day all the way up to the mid-90s the Japanese have always been about the two extremes of auto manufacturing; they have either built with NO OTHER purpose than getting a half-million of them into stock, or they build with SO MUCH passion that their cars take forever to hit the streets.

An example of each. The Honda Civic and Toyota Corolla. Both great cars, both very reliable cars that will get you good gas mileage and resale for a decent price. The End! These aren't sports cars nor are they cars that are above the "Economy Car" standard of Japanese auto makers so they are made just. They roll a dozen shells an hour through the assembly line and each hour 12 new Civics or Corollas are rolled out of the factory and to the loading area. It's evident sit in and go through the car, granted, it's not as evident as if the cars were American, but it's still evident.

The other extreme, look at cars like the recently deceased Honda NSX or the Nissan 240SX S14s. Those cars are built with very decent quality and sitting in them you can tell. The panels line up, parts don't jiggle when you simply start the car or shift in your seat, your rearview mirror always lines up to where you left it the night before. You know, the cars are build by Japan to let the world know, "Hey, we can build good cars too, even if we do have to use European design." It's not a BAD thing that they use European design, at least they're using a tried and true method.

Look, if want to challenge me even further, I say we either take this to email, IM, or PM because this thread is devoted to something other than me being right all the time. The Europeans were the first to make an automobile so, in a manner of speaking, they had a foot-in-the-door and a leg-up on the competition. It's just how it works, if you were to invent a video phone and you were the first one to make it, everyone else that comes after you is going to steal from your design in some way, shape or form, and they may improve on it temporarily. However, once you come back with a new model, you're going to blow everyone else out the water, why, because you're the originator and you know exactly what people want to see from these things.

That's all I have to say on that, PM or IM me if you want me to continue.

-Stig

Quick Reply: "Faster than a Ferrari"