Off-Topic Anything Non-Related to the above topics.

i dont understand

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2002, 10:11 PM
Contributing Member

i dont understand

my friend and i have about the same setup when it comes to our subs...and yet i keep mine at -4 and it hits...i only take it up to 0 wen i REALLY wanna bang

well we were riding around in his new 02 civic (they really are decent cars) and since he just moved his 12's to the civics we were jammin his system....at first i just thought that since he drove a truck the sound quality was crap...add the fact that we were pretty much sitting on top of the 12's and all we could hear/feel was the bass..it was really terriable

back to my story...we were riding around in the civic and he turns up the system (keep in mind that we have pretty much the same subs) and he keeps his bass at +5.....nothing could be heard...just bass

so what i wanna know is why do people think this is cool? my system really hits at -4...i mean if i really wanted to i could drown out EVERYTHING else excpet the lows...but then what would be the point?
Old 05-07-2002, 09:00 AM

i wonder that too... drive thru the ghetto and and all you hear are old cars with the bass, but it hits so loud the trunk rattles louder than the stereo...
Old 05-07-2002, 06:48 PM
Ex-Mod :)

I really don't like it when all you can here is bass, I'd have it so that I can here the song a little.
Old 05-07-2002, 07:33 PM

Yeah there are kids at my school who blast music in their cars, but all you can hear is "boom bo boom", even when you're inside the friggin car! I just stare, point, and laugh my *** off. They look so stupid!
Old 05-08-2002, 02:56 AM
Contributing Member

i have mine set at like +2 on my deck. i like bass...but i like highs as well. i can hear the highs good....i hate it when all you hear is bass....my car rattles like a ***** as well(i am talking about the stanza).....but it's been a while for bass for me...every now and then i go sit in the stanza and start it up just to make sure the motor still runs and i listen to a few songs...mmm..bass
Old 05-08-2002, 05:14 AM

My dad fixed the people where we lived from driving by his house with the stereo so loud that they feel a need to drive with the windows down. He used jaw breakers shot out of a paint ball gun. That usually gets his point across without having to drag out the old Browning 8 gauge to clean their ears out for them. Besides what's the point. So big deal your bass is loud what do you want a cookie? I can see the point in cities that actually enforce the stereo laws. Third strike you impound the car and use a crowbar to remove their stereo for them.

I work with a guy right now who believes in the only part of the song that you should hear should be the bass. No wonder we're always having to repeat ourselves to him. Its either his hearing or he's actually really just stupid.