Off-Topic Anything Non-Related to the above topics.

i got a B

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2003, 11:37 PM
Contributing Member

i got a B

i dunno if you guys remember the thread i started about my philosphy test

the test was to critique the thought experiment: If a tree falls in the woods and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

well, here's my answer

honestly, are we so blinded by our "intellect" that we choose to set ourselves apart from the rest of the living world? humans are ANIMALS! animals are a part of nature, we are no better and no worse than any creature that has come before us, and any animal that will come after us (what will the beings that evolve from us think?)

and if you say we aren't evolving then your not even in touch with reality.
to try and discredit the arguement that humans are not animals i propose this thought experiment.

what determins skin color?
-Melanin
why are some people black and some people white?
-Their ancestors grew up in a very hot part of the world with not much shade so their skin had to protect itself from the sun (black skin)
-Their ancestors grew up in colder regions of the world (white skin)

IF you think we aren't evolving then heres the experiment.
Take 2 black people, one who's ancestry can be directly traced back to slavery here in the united states (meaning that once their slave ancestors were here they never left), and the other who's ancestry is ONLY located in a very hot, arid climate.

What will you find as you go back though these 2 peoples ancestry?

-The person who's ancerstors ONLY lived in the hot climate will have a much darker skin complection
and
-The person who was living here in the States (which isn't nearly so hot) will have a much lighter skin tone, and which has been proven, his lineage will progressively become lighter and lighter complected

the entire reason i bring this up is to reinforce the fact that HUMANS ARE ANIMALS

Animals evolve, humans evolve.

and to me this whole deal about "the falling tree" IS IN ITSELF a seperation of man and nature and therefore should be irrelevant.

basically meaning, i respectively decline to answer.

AND HE GAVE ME AN 80