Off-Topic Anything Non-Related to the above topics.

police auctions

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2002, 08:00 AM
Contributing Member

police auctions

does anyone know how police auctions work? is it worth going to?

i've only heard 2 stories about these auctions...

1st
the guy bought a 99 lincon towncar for like 3 grand, and it turned out to be a POS

2nd
my friend bought this bad *** 67 mustang all suped up and fully restored....an all around sweet ****in ride.....and i dont know how much he paid for it, but was told the **** was cheap as hell

so i was wondering is it worth it? has anyone here ever bought a car at auction?
Old 11-26-2002, 09:05 AM
Contributing Member

i heard they won't let you even start up the car to see if it runs. but if you're only paying like a couple hundred for a car, who cares if it runs. the prices, from what i hear, are so cheap.
i think you need a dealer license tho, or that might be for a different type of auction.
Old 11-26-2002, 09:25 AM
Contributing Member

damn thats sick ... i hear auctions in general are really fun to go to. you hear about alot of stories about people getting cheap cars... but for some reason alot of people on the other hand say the cars suck ... its just the luck of the draw....
Old 11-26-2002, 12:59 PM

i heard they won't let you even start up the car to see if it runs. but if you're only paying like a couple hundred for a car, who cares if it runs. the prices, from what i hear, are so cheap.
I work at Carmax and every other Tuesday we have auctions. You have to have a dealer's license, but there are other places that are for the public. At auctions, it's pretty fast pace, you don't really have too much time to have a good look at the car.( You know that guy that goes crazy on the mic like he's from Bone Thugs N Harmony or something) He's blabbering and then you realize that the car is sold before you can even bid on it. Well you just have to know what to look for and listen to the cars to find out problems. I bought my 95 240 SE with 90k from a Carmax auction and got an employee discount. I paid $2,500 for it and all I had to do was get new brake pads.
its just the luck of the draw....
Totally true. I mean....sometimes you win sometimes you lose, but that's life. Again, you just have to know what to do while you're at auctions. Who knows maybe you can get an Civic EK with 40k for 800 bucks like one of my friends? Good luck. If you need any help, hit me an email. I'll give you as much info as possible. I have some experience in working with auctions.
Old 11-26-2002, 02:44 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Rockstar240

Totally true. I mean....sometimes you win sometimes you lose, but that's life. Again, you just have to know what to do while you're at auctions. Who knows maybe you can get an Civic EK with 40k for 800 bucks like one of my friends? Good luck. If you need any help, hit me an email. I'll give you as much info as possible. I have some experience in working with auctions.

awesome