Off-Topic Anything Non-Related to the above topics.

So I guess I was smoking when I traded my fc for the 240

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 07:29 PM

So I guess I was smoking when I traded my fc for the 240

So I came back to my dorms for my lunch brake, I pull in and as soon as I hop out of my Cressida this dude in the back seat of another car gets out and is like "So I heard you traded the rx7 for that 240 over there". At first I'm like who the f**k is this guy? But then I realized I really didnt care. Then I said yeah sure did. He then goes on to ask me "What were you high or something?"

I was thinking to myself...."did this ***** ****a just ask me if I was high when I traded my car?" I lol'd a little bit and said "Naw I dont street race and dont really care about street cars, and the FC was way too expensive to setup for drifting while still being reliable enough to drive 4hrs drift 6hrs and drive 4hrs back." He looked a little confused and said ".....oh ok." and walked away.

I personally thought it was hilarious. Like I guess no one around here (besides the people I hang out with) can grasp the fact that I dont buy cars just to mess around on the street. When I tell them I'm setting it up for drifting they either give me this weird *** look like, ugh....what is that supposed to mean, or say something like whats wrong with it now.

I spent 1300 bucks on the FC the 2 months I had it, and it was still no where ready to head out to the drift events here, hell it wasnt ready to drift if the event was across the street. The reliablity factor of that car was rediculous. It ran and was pretty damn quick (for me any way) but parts are retarded expensive and you have to pour tons of money into them to get them reliable enough to drive them really hard. My 240 doesnt run and is auto but for 2k I can have it running great with a welded and coilovers and some other things where as I would have dumped another 4k into the FC to have it in the same place where I was comfortable with it going to drift events.

What do you guy's think? Was I high for trading a running (barely) FC for an auto s13 hatch that doesnt run?
Old 04-24-2008, 07:53 PM
Contributing Member

I guess you just have to imagine yourself in that guys shoes. Not everyone drifts, nor does everyone only have one car. I only have one car so it has to serve multiple purposes, and I can't realistically and competitively drift a daily driven car. Some people also like to think they know what other people want. I probably would have been a little confused with your response as well
Old 04-24-2008, 08:12 PM

if it makes you feel better i'd have traded an fc for crx.

i only like the last generation rx7s. and i'll only buy one as long as it doesn't have a rotory in it.

i dream of a 3rd gen rx7 with an sr20 or ls1. i'd probably do the sr.
Old 04-24-2008, 08:27 PM
Contributing Member

yea... different things floats people boats... i could careless what anyone in this world owns... i love my car man... im just loyal..
Old 04-24-2008, 08:27 PM
Contributing Member

s13 is better in terms of fun/dollar.
Old 04-24-2008, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by silviaks2nr
I guess you just have to imagine yourself in that guys shoes. Not everyone drifts, nor does everyone only have one car. I only have one car so it has to serve multiple purposes, and I can't realistically and competitively drift a daily driven car. Some people also like to think they know what other people want. I probably would have been a little confused with your response as well
Well it's not that I couldnt daily the FC. The point that I was trying to get across is that the 240 is cheaper in every way shape and form. I kind of took him saying the "were you high?" like he was trying to insult me. I guess not everyone understands what everyone wants in a car. I dont know why he asked me if I was high, I'm guessing he is thinking along the lines of well the rx7 ran and was faster so why did you trade for a non running car? So should I have just said "you wouldnt understand so it doesnt matter"? That would have been pretty F'd up imo.
Old 04-24-2008, 08:43 PM

he probably didn't know anything about cars to start with.

if you like the trade then go for it.
Old 04-24-2008, 09:28 PM
Contributing Member

either he didnt know anything or he was the coolest guy in a stock civic group and thought he knew everything haha
Old 04-25-2008, 03:38 AM

I think the dude drives a convertable non turbo eclipse.............
Old 04-25-2008, 05:07 AM
Contributing Member

well its no doubt structure wise.. the Fc is a more rigid chassis.. i have worked on a few.. suspension etc... but i don't know why people compare cars............... wait yea i do... but every car has its pros and cons... you as a knowledgeable buyer should purchase a car with some kinda goal in mind being in this hobby anyway.. and i know you picked the car for a reason bro.. so yea.. screw him with a hammer

also the Fc has the 4ws jazz i belive
Old 04-25-2008, 09:36 AM

Yeah it's called DTSS (dynamic toe steering system... or some ****), there are bushings on the rear lca that adjust toe automatically if you have enough force acting upon them through a corner. But they are almost always worn out and suck so people replace them with DTSS eliminators (just extremely firm bushings or delrin or even metal bushings sometimes). But that make it so you cant adjust toe unless you buy this kit from this one company that sells custom toe arms and you have to weld up the rear sub frame and all this other bs. So yeah... like I said 240 is a much easier choice if you arent made out of money as far as drifting is concerned.

The FC is a bad *** car dont get me wrong, I loved it, but it wasnt worth the money and time at this point. I'll get another one some day...... when I'm made out of money....literally.