Off-Topic Anything Non-Related to the above topics.

Take a Stand Against the Madness; Stop the RIAA!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2003, 10:15 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by 1997 GA16DE
I'm not trying to convince anyone here, just tyring to say my point/
We are all arguing here. It is good. Positive things come from discussions.

I don't think it would be ok to steal your precious SR20 motor. However,
I hope I am not getting under your skin. This is a friendly debate. I agree with you I just like to go back and forth to find out some better ideas and different angles. It is brainstorming.

if you had 60million motors and were selling them at $50,000 ea, I think people would start to look for another way to get an SR20DET. There would prolly be alot of mechanics and metal shop experts copying your SR20DET design and making their own. Therefore, you get pissed, you take away the mechanics' tools and shops and throw them out on the street with nothing but the clothes on their backs just because you are powerful enough to do so.
Here is a good situation. Do any of you play paintball?

There is a marker called the autococker. The design was patented by WPG. They sold it for their price and some other companies copied the design. After those companies started to make money they had to pay WPG to use their design. I could understand if they were thrown out of their factories because they could not pay WPG for their theft. Improvements or not you have to pay homage to the original designer.

They do have the right to sue the copier of that design.

Are you still going to make me those flash pictures? I hope I am not pissing you off to the point that you will not. I actually like this thread. I would protect your pictures because I know that you worked hard on them. As a matter of fact the copy write system would be great for you and your work.

I think there are two arguments happening here.

1. RIAA's abuse of power.
2. Record companies overpricing the music they sell.

Should we open another thread to keep them separate?

1. RIAA is pushing a bit hard. I would rather see the time and money they are spending to come up with a better-tailored product. We are not doing anything new. When I grew up I taped songs off the radio and traded "mix tapes" with my friends. This P2P is the same. The scale and quality are just better.

2. Record companies should offer tracks for download at a good price. I hope this would open their eyes and show them that they have to make a better product, one where a buyer would want the whole album.
Old 09-14-2003, 10:15 AM

BTW, a thought occurred. Where is this money going? The money the RIAA gets from it's lawsuits....Is it going back to the artist? not a chance. It's going into the pockets of the people that run the RIAA.

Imagine all the marijuana the police confiscate a year. Now, if they were like the RIAA, they would take all that pot sell it back to the street, keep the profit, and conficate it more whie arresting the people they set up. Then they'd sell it again, keep the profit and arrest more people, over and over again, not solving anything, just making an amazing profit.
Old 09-14-2003, 10:25 AM
Contributing Member

BTW, a thought occurred. Where is this money going? The money the RIAA gets from it's lawsuits....Is it going back to the artist? not a chance. It's going into the pockets of the people that run the RIAA.

Imagine all the marijuana the police confiscate a year. Now, if they were like the RIAA, they would take all that pot sell it back to the street, keep the profit, and conficate it more whie arresting the people they set up. Then they'd sell it again, keep the profit and arrest more people, over and over again, not solving anything, just making an amazing profit.
The money comes to me.
Old 09-14-2003, 10:28 AM

Originally posted by StanBo
Are you still going to make me those flash pictures? I hope I am not pissing you off to the point that you will not. I actually like this thread. I would protect your pictures because I know that you worked hard on them. As a matter of fact the copy write system would be great for you and your work.
I've been working on and off. School's been gettin in my way with other projects, so it's going real slowly, I'm still working on that GPSports S13.
Old 09-16-2003, 07:30 PM

"The RIAA does not have the authority to enforce or make laws", this is true but they are not making this law. They are using the constitution to their advantage. There are actual copy right laws in the constitution.