Off-Topic Anything Non-Related to the above topics.

Unreal... evry1 would hate this...

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2002, 05:52 PM

Unhappy Unreal... evry1 would hate this...

Saturday October 12th.... it was a rainy day here in northern NJ... my 240 was blocking my mom's car in. When mom asked to go out, she wanted to use the 240 instead of playing musical cars. I agreed since it was the morning and I was still tired. About a half hour later I got some news that nobody ever wants to hear. My mom came down the stairs and said..."I rear ended somebody" Now first things first, i made sure my mom was ok, and i was afraid to look outside, i walked outside and there was the 240, mangled in all it's glory. I had to say it looked alot worse than it is. The hood was totally bent in half, both headlights completely shattered, the grill wasn't even there, the front bumper looked like she slid underneath so it wasnt that bad, but the radiator support or w/e that thing is is all messed up and a couple of the misc. metal braces infront of the radiator are f***ed. Now heres the deal, I spent all day today filling and sanding the front bumper, i took the whoel front end apart and replaced w/e metal bracket i could with this L beam stuff i bought. I had to take out the hood latch and this little horn thing on the bottom by the frame. The bumper support is fine, but what i think is the radiator support is totally messed up. I'm asking anybody who has a 95 or up 240 if i can replace that beam across right infront of the radiator, it might require welding but i can deal with that. Also, i was wondering where i can buy a gell cell battery because the battery also got cracked up. I'm going to move it to the trunk also. The radiator is fine but i think i will buy the greddy unit just incase, anybody have ideas on what i can do about that support though, it is the main thing that has me pissed off. Thanx.
PS. I have already whipped out the credit card and ordered the following... new headlights/ corner lights, Aero gear hood, Cusco hood pins, custom hood struts, new airhorn , FAL dual electric 15" fans.
PPS: sorry for the long post... but i think it was necessary.
Old 10-13-2002, 06:12 PM
Contributing Member

well glad to hear your mom is ok.
my main question is what about the insurance? even if they olny want to give you a little then jump on it to get the front support replaced.
also what about the front suspension? it may LOOK alright but you really should have it checked out to be safe
check for crinkles in the engine bay too
Old 10-13-2002, 07:50 PM

I checked for crinkles and had my cousin and his friend (both mechanics) check it out. They said everything around the engine is ok and they even checked the engine itself. I went over the engine and engine bay about 20 times and it is fine. As far as the suspension goes. It doesnt need an alignment, because i had that checked also. No brake lines or anything were pinched and i loosened up the whole coilover setup to check. Right now the car is up on jackstands in the driveway with a tarp over it. Im goign to get it towed to the local tuning shop tomorrow or tuesday to have urethane bushings and engine mounts installed. While its there ill have them check it out also. From there she's goin right to the bodyshop to sit until i get the stuff I ordered. It is now 11 at night and i have been working on the car for 14 hours. Im goin to sleep.
Old 10-13-2002, 08:40 PM
Contributing Member

DAMMN!

Sorry to hear about your car. Time for a s15 conversion!

Was the accident your mom's fault? I agree with Rude. See if there is anything your insurance company can do for you.
Old 10-13-2002, 08:42 PM
Contributing Member

ha ha ha ha
Old 10-13-2002, 09:55 PM
Contributing Member

damn that sucks... i dont let family drive my car.... for some reason they really dont take responsiblity for something like that... i let my cousin drive my moms car and he chipped paint on the right fender...
Old 10-14-2002, 05:35 AM
Contributing Member

Good think Mom's ok

Don't you have to wait to fix the car because the adjuster of the other party's insurance company has to come and see the car to see what happened to both cars, blah blah blah.
Old 10-14-2002, 06:57 AM

I'm not sure about the whole insurance thing. The guy said it was his fault and i was told that my mom and him agreed not to go through insurance. I dont have collision on my car. Since my mom was the one that rear-ended him, technically it is her fault, but if he says it is his, then i guess we're going to let it just go.
Old 10-14-2002, 07:23 AM
Contributing Member

Gotta Love Jersey. If that was NY fuh-get bout it. Lawsuit city. That's why its sometimes better not to live in NY, and go elsewhere, because people have more sense and an ability to compromise and admit fault.
Old 10-14-2002, 07:33 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by drifties151
I'm not sure about the whole insurance thing. The guy said it was his fault and i was told that my mom and him agreed not to go through insurance. I dont have collision on my car. Since my mom was the one that rear-ended him, technically it is her fault, but if he says it is his, then i guess we're going to let it just go.
hold on... if he said it was his fault why isnt he paying... when i got into my accident the guy said it was his fault... he paid me on the spot... i got it fixed the next day ..no insurance , no nothing..
Old 10-14-2002, 08:14 AM

i don't know really, hey, its not coming out of my pocket. I think my mom is glad he didnt try to get money out of her. all i kno is that im not payin for the bodywork s0 watevr happens is up to my mom, the guy and insurance (if it gets involved).
Old 10-14-2002, 09:35 AM
Contributing Member

Well i hope for your sake that insurance doesn't get involved, because your mom woud be at fault in the insurance's eyes. Been through a few and know a lot of people that have been and its a pain, especially in a rear end case.
Old 10-14-2002, 01:09 PM
Contributing Member

I wouldn't trust anyone. I have seen people go back on their word and sue. If he was wrong go after him.