Off-Topic Anything Non-Related to the above topics.

Your stupidest ticket

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 02:58 PM
Contributing Member

enforcing the acceptable db level is tricky so the pull you over because of the load exhaust but they’ll look for something else to get you for. be it busted tail lights, no seat belt, no license or insurance.

and going from one stop to another too fast will get you a ticket.
i have a friend with a 70 some charger. he got a ticket for excessive acceleration. he wasn’t speeding just accelerating too fast.

Last edited by jramosthe1st!; 03-20-2007 at 09:51 PM.
Old 03-04-2007, 05:27 PM
Contributing Member

ive got a silencer in now but i dont think i can get out of the ticket. my town doesnt go by decible level, its basically the cops choice, whether its too loud for him/her. pretty ghey.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:35 AM

Passed a cop heading in the other direction going about 75 in a 50, and I put the hammer down! As soon as I saw him pull over to turn around I flipped off the lights and cut down a backroad. Unfortunately the flat black fastback didn't just fade into the night like I thought it would; I should probably just thank me lucky charms that he didn't arrest me. I need to spray my wheels... Nah, take it from me, running from the po-po is NOT a great idea (with a NA KA anyway).
Old 03-05-2007, 03:23 AM

hahaha^^^^ so true.

heres my story:

we will say two weeks ago, i decide to pull my 240 out of the garage to drive it to the yard to look for a valve cover for my swap. well my friend goes on break form work and i see him as im driving out of my house. so i pull a u trn and go back home and we talk for a bit and what not. so he has to o back to work so we head out again. were driving and he is being dumb so he drives slow in his coupe. (we are still in resdiential) i decide to pass him so i pull to the left lane (only one lane, ONE big lane for oncoming and going traffic) and pass him. little did i now theres is a white impala in front of me. I hear brakes screech as i floor it to pass my buddy then i slow down at the round about. I see the white car pull a u turn and my buddy s driving slow just to give me time to get away. I hall *** out of the neighbhorhood and turn right. then do a u turn at the sop sign. On the wa back down i see the car doing the same. I hall *** turn right on a main wide street.

to my knowledge the white car was being drving by a angry mexican lady who waned her way with me. I am pretty cute.

well im like half a mile down and i see the white car turn on teh street as well and then I SEE THE LIGHTSSS!!! it was teh most undercover veichle i have ever seen!! dead serious. normal plates, normal head lights and all. AND THEN RED AND BLUE LIGHTS OUT OF NO WHERE!!!

so i think and pull over and take the keys out of the ignition.

he come up and is pissssed. I ALMOST CRASHED INTO HIM HEAD ON REMEMBER!!! and this is cali babay.

he takes my license and askes if i have warrents. next he looks at me and sees im 18 so gives me a lecture. His final words were, do your hot rodding on the main streets like these(like teh one he pulled me over on) and he let me go.

fin.

yes i put on the ***** act ina flash.

no ticket no arrest no jail time.

hmm lets see what he could of gotten me for..

loud exhaust, no reg, speeding(75n in a 20 residential), wreckless drving, endagering fellow drivers, evading police, not signaling, "breaking traction", and i bet there is more..

theres my story

yes i am an idiot. forgive me.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:10 PM

haha damn man. lucky. i've had my two lucky times also. One time I was doing donuts in an empty parking lot. Two of my friends were video taping it. Some people pulled over and were just sitting there. I figured **** they're just watching so i kept it up. Then some fat old redneck dude came and blocked the exit(only one) with a golf cart until the cop got there. The cop got my info along with my friends then told me to stay in the car. He went over and was talking to the people who were watching. I heard one say "he had to have been going 80 miles per hour." He got done with them, and told me to pull up to a near speed bump. He told the people to leave then pulled up behind me. We got out of the car and he did the same. When he got out, he was basically laughing and said he used to do it all the time when he was my age with his 1994 cobra. His advice was to watch out for my tires cuz they'll go quick and to pick a better spot next time. Amazing.

The other one I was going 53 in a 35 and i was going to run cuz he was sitting in a turn lane and i thought i had enough time to get away. As soon as i'm about to dip in a side neighborhood he's bookin around the corner. I pull over and he just told me to slow down. Amazing x2.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:32 PM

save some of that luck for the irish!
Old 03-05-2007, 09:26 PM

ive never gotten a ticket, but have a few from friends....

one friend was driving behind a cop and said the cop was going too slow, and figured he cant get pulled over when hes behind the cop, so he started tailgating him n got pulled over for that (sure hell never do that again)

then another one was driving and happened to go through a checkpoint and the cop started giving him tests to see if he was under the influence....he failed the straight line test and various other tests. the cop was trying to get him to pass but he couldnt, so about 20 min later the cop finally let him go
Old 03-07-2007, 06:05 PM

Originally posted by trevr
save some of that luck for the irish!
haha i am irish.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:17 PM

I've gotten 2 speeding tickets, one I knew I was speeding so I deserved it. The other I was on I-4 going west past Lakeland and went around a corner (doing 83 mph in the 75), and I didn't realize I had sped up that extra 3 mph..

Another time whenever I was 3 yrs younger, I got pulled over for a whole bunch of things: 90 in a 45, racing, no seatbelt (lap belt), minor in the car (was 15), not wearing the lap belt... aaaand improper lane change, no direction, unable to maintain a lane... and, I got off with a VERBAL warning... Luck for me, but unlucky for these kids, they died on Boca Grande just the night before drifting and racing around the island...

Then another time, I got pulled over for 'speeding.' The officer said that he 'eyed me going above the speed limit.' I asked him if he was able to verify any speed without the use of a radar detector and he verified this by verbally saying 'yes.' So, I pulled out a dime, flicked it across my car, and asked him how fast it was. "Have a good day sir." and he left.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:19 PM

Oh, and the very first day I had my license, that evening, I got pulled over for doing 55 in a 45, improper lane change, unable to maintain a lane, and some other bs... Verbal warning there too. ^_^ Lucky for me I live in Florida, so that light problem in the original post is very common here with all the blue-haired people.
Old 03-08-2007, 08:48 AM

I don't know about in florida but in North Carolina the test to be able to use a radar gun is insane. They have to eyeball something like 15 cars and they can't be more than 3 MPH off on any one car and they can get a total of like 8 MPH off for all 15 cars. I may have the numbers off but it's something insane like that.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:13 AM
Contributing Member

my town cops, (we have 2) know everyoen in town. one was born here, and the other just moved here a little while ago. but everyone knows where they set up shop for catching speeders, so we just avoid them.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:26 AM

i live in florida and the tickets go out like crazy! me and y friends were FLYIN down I-75 ('88 turbo supra, VW R32, VR6 Golf, '93 240) going about 135-140mph (tooo fast) (my speed limiter dosen't work, go figure) we go around a slow left curve and just as we are taking off out of the corner, ****!!! 2 sherriffs sitting on the left right off the shoulder. i started to slow down , but then my My friends dad in the R32 took off!! adrenaline pouring out of me! by the time the sherriffs got on the road and took off, we were already pretty far ahead- we dipped out on the next exit, then flew behind a hotel, parked and ran in the hotel- i was almost in tears, but it was the most fun i have ever had.
Old 03-08-2007, 04:03 PM

i use to live in englewood.. where abouts are you in swf?
Old 03-09-2007, 10:27 AM

^^^^- i live in fort myers, and travel around to naples quit a bit.

Quick Reply: Your stupidest ticket