Private For Sale / Wanted Sell an item in here or look for a particular part that you need.

coilovers for s13

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 05:04 PM

basically i just wrote that to dead it. whether i was saying the truth of the swap or not has yet to be. i just didnt like the fact that every1 started being an *** about it. like "we made him feel like a retard" or "i just wanted to make him shut his mouth." Sorry that i mentioned it. next time i'll just keep my mouth shut on certain things. Some of y'all newbies got a mouth on ya too, better watch that. Am i crying about it? sorry, i'm not. am i confusing you guys? possibly. Basically it ends here. If you're looking for an "OK sorry ur right" then fine ok You're right. happy? satisfied? ok then lets just all get on in life...IT ENDS HERE!
Old 09-08-2003, 06:46 PM

A mouth on me? Oh my. Now I'm chastised.

Someday I'll be amused by those younger than I am, rather than annoyed by what they consider to be humor.

I will make no further replies to this thread.
Old 09-09-2003, 05:43 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Treyz
[B]basically i just wrote that to dead it. whether i was saying the truth of the swap or not has yet to be. i just didnt like the fact that every1 started being an *** about it. like "we made him feel like a retard" or "i just wanted to make him shut his mouth." Sorry that i mentioned it. next time i'll just keep my mouth shut on certain things. Some of y'all newbies got a mouth on ya too, better watch that. Am i crying about it? sorry, i'm not. am i confusing you guys? possibly. Basically it ends here. If you're looking for an "OK sorry ur right" then fine ok You're right. happy? satisfied? ok then lets just all get on in life...IT ENDS HERE!

its not the fact that we wanted to make you feel "dumb" supposedly it was mostly your stubbornness and ignoranceI think that landed you in somewhat pissed off land but nonetheless its ok its forgiven jus rmember you are on a public forum on the net and you expose yourself to many skeptics and lots of critism when the wrong thing is said
Old 09-10-2003, 12:07 PM

I smell B.S. What you meant to say was you realized you were wrong but why admit to that when you can cover it up saying it was a joke.....................So what about those coilovers?
Old 10-26-2003, 03:05 PM

So uh where atre these RICERS that said that u cant do a USDM SR20DE engine in a RWD car?..... Obviously u guys dont know the diff between the way u set up the engine in the car...That's y non ricers like us at a paticular forums cant stand u guys.
Old 10-26-2003, 03:24 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Treyz
So uh where atre these RICERS that said that u cant do a USDM SR20DE engine in a RWD car?..... Obviously u guys dont know the diff between the way u set up the engine in the car...That's y non ricers like us at a paticular forums cant stand u guys.
why the hell are u bringing back this thread?
Old 10-26-2003, 03:29 PM

haha hey HYJYNX ... long time no see. I just wanted to know if these guys got there heads outta there *** yet.
Old 10-26-2003, 03:32 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Treyz
haha hey HYJYNX ... long time no see. I just wanted to know if these guys got there heads outta there *** yet.
haha sup
Old 10-26-2003, 03:34 PM

ve been on the IFX forum for a while and at the meet last night we started talkin about **** like this so i decided to bring it back lol
Old 10-26-2003, 03:42 PM

Still waiting for pictures.

It still won't work.
Old 10-26-2003, 04:04 PM

Originally posted by Rittmeister
Still waiting for pictures.

It still won't work.

That's where ur wrong u see it depends on how u mount the engine. If you haven't noticed, FWD cars have the engine mounted ina HORIZONTAL fashion...where as in RWD cars its mounted VERTICALLY. So yes it can be done. I found out about a S14 that did the same swap and added a turbo upgrade later on... and is pretty decently quick running 12's. There for check ur **** b4 saying nething. That's y its forums like this that let ne1 in suck..Thank god i was shown to IFX..its close by for meets and all and its all FRIENDLY ADVICE! Thanx to one of the moderaters here i've found a tru car enthusiests site...especially on 240's.

Old 10-26-2003, 06:41 PM

For front wheel (and most all-wheel) drive cars, the engine mounting is referred to as "transverse mounting," not horizontal.

For rear wheel drive cars the mounting is referred to as "longitudinal mounting," not vertical.

I think you need to "check your ****" before using the WRONG TERMINOLOGY.

Please go back and read my previous posts. The engine mounts are the least of your worries. When I see pictures (that aren't photoshopped) I'll believe you. There's simply too much evidence to the contrary. The very thing you say I need to read up on is the very reason I say that putting a front-wheel drive SR20 into a rear-wheel drive 240sx chassis won't work. Or are you still "testing my knowledge?"

One more thing. If this swap worked, why isn't everyone doing it? A low-mileage JDM front wheel drive SR20 motor costs less than $500, SHIPPED. They're everywhere. I should know, I have one in my Sentra. If swapping a FWD SR20 into a RWD 240 worked, everyone would be swapping them in, 'cause last time I checked even an N/A RWD SR20 was in the $800-$1100 range. The SR20DET, which of course everyone wants, starts at $2000 for a complete motorset from a reputable dealer and goes up, and that's before shipping. Believe me, if a FWD engine fit my 240 I'd do it in about half a second. I could turbo it any time and still come out ahead.

By the way, your spelling used to be much better.

Mods, could we move this to the general forum?
Old 10-26-2003, 08:32 PM

Ha Ha Ha OK guy.......Cuz every1 wants the total package...believe me i asked around in the crew. They're tellin me to just save a lil more and go with the DET. Buts its ok u can continue to have ur doubts. I'll see if i can get pics of the S14 for ya.