S-Chassis Newbie / FAQs Forum New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the community. FAQs will also be answered in here.

help! too many problems with my car!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 10:20 PM

help! too many problems with my car!

first of all.. this rattling in my car is annoying. i heard from some it can be my engine mounts and on the other hand i was told its my timing chain blah blah.. the rattling wouldn't be constant, it would just come back and go away. the rattlin would also seem to intensify as my rpm's rise.

another thing.. when im driving and i step on the breaks all the lights in my car and my head lights flicker once. maybe battery is dying?

i notice a bunch of my fuses were not connected or being used at all. i don't know what the hell the previous owner of my car did to the car but its a mess. like my alternator fuse doesnt even run to it. is this bad? does this lessen the life of my alternator?

theres a type of whistling when i drive. i hear it from where my tranny is. my friend had told me that i might need tranny fluid or a tranny flush or what ever.

last but not least, it's getting hard for me to shift into gears, and when i shift into 3rd and 4th, it kinda grinds... clutch is dead?

thanks.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:31 PM
Contributing Member

if it has a sunroof, that could be whistling. for the timing chain, its most likely one of the guides. if you search, raine has a his website that has a walkthrough for this.
Old 04-20-2007, 01:13 AM

awesome. so where can i find this website or this raine person?
Old 04-20-2007, 05:00 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by er0ck
first of all.. this rattling in my car is annoying. i heard from some it can be my engine mounts and on the other hand i was told its my timing chain blah blah.. the rattling wouldn't be constant, it would just come back and go away. the rattlin would also seem to intensify as my rpm's rise.

another thing.. when im driving and i step on the breaks all the lights in my car and my head lights flicker once. maybe battery is dying?

i notice a bunch of my fuses were not connected or being used at all.
When my car had the flickering lights it did turn out to be my alternator going out. I also checked my grounds. You should replace all the fuses that you are missing and see what works and what doesn't after that.
Old 04-20-2007, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by er0ck
awesome. so where can i find this website or this raine person?
http://garage.projectraine.com/