S-Chassis Newbie / FAQs Forum New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the community. FAQs will also be answered in here.

i "inherited" an SX

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2003, 04:18 PM

Cool i "inherited" an SX

hihi ... newbie to this board

i just got divorced and got custody of our 240SX *grinz* unfortunately, she's quite a bit beat up. in March '01, my ex had pulled onto the shoulder during a white-out ice storm, and another driver skidded into him at high speed, hitting the front driver's side. the crash deployed both airbags, left the front driver's side wheel (rim) and tire crushed, the suspension wonky, and the driver's side door's skin peeled back. it also knocked out the function of the trunk/gas door lever, and the ability to adjust the mirror from the center console, and the electric lock and window.

of course, he had to get hit by an underage, uninsured driver!! so no money to fix the car came from that accident.

my ex replaced the wheel, all 4 tires, got the suspension and brakes fixed, and banged the door skin himself until it's still ugly but at least it's not sticking out like it was. he used wide black duct tape to replace and cover the airbag ports. (duct tape rules!!) he had to remove the rear center light panel so we could reach the trunk latch (the keyhole never has worked, since we got the car).

so ... i have a mess, but she's a lovely mess and she still handles excellently. it's a '95, we got it in '96 used. it's got the tri-color "purple" paintjob. the previous owner ordered it with, or put in, a CD player and 6-speaker surround. i call the car "my stereo with wheels" *lol*

my ex suggested joining 240SX user groups for finding parts ... it's how he found the wheel he needed. i have no idea how much the door is going to cost, i'm not sure it's worth replacing. the car is techically "totalled" for tax purposes, because of the extreme cost of replacing the air bags. really i just want to get the door replaced and working again, and the trunk issue fixed as well. other than that, it's such a great car, i'm glad i got custody!

anyway, any ideas for the door and trunk, most welcome. i'm in no hurry and don't have much money, but i'm hoping the car is fixable ... i really don't want to trade her in!

peace,
mellybeanTC
Old 01-08-2003, 05:04 PM
Contributing Member

Check out these sites. www.car-part.com has good junk yard listings and's very helpful. www.********** is good too, for parts and repair/upgrade articles. And to be honest if you ever need really good information that you have trouble finding look at www.freshalloy.com that place is a gold mine for info on just about anything that has to do with the 240sx. Good luck fixing your car and welcome to the board.
Old 01-08-2003, 05:17 PM

Welcome