S-Chassis Newbie / FAQs Forum New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the community. FAQs will also be answered in here.

New 240 enthusiast to the forums

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2003, 06:03 AM

New 240 enthusiast to the forums

Hey,
Just thought I would drop a little introduction for myself. I have been lurking around for quite a while now, but I figured I am gonna be needing some help soon and thought I would register and all. In the spring of this year I purchased a 1991 240sx hatchback. The car is pretty rough, but that is a good thing because I am planning on doing a ton of work anyways and thus the price was great. I worked a seasonal job to get the car, and was outta work til just now (I'm only 17 so a good job is hard to find). But now I am working full 40 hour weeks this summer to pay for all the parts that will be going into my car. My first mod will be adressing a major problem with the 240, terrible tires. I haven't yet decided upon my rims and tires yet, I do know I want probably 17's and some good performing tires with a long treadwear. If anyone has any suggestions as far as what to get or where to get it I would much appreciate it.
Heh, and by the way, tonight I am planning on taking my girlfriend out in the 240 and teaching her to drive stick. She is buying a used car sometime soon and would like to learn to drive 5speed to give her a broader range to choose from. Wish me luck.

Oh yeah, my goals for my car. I am planning an SR swap this winter. I had originally wanted an RB, but because I'll be doing the swap myself and I am not very intelligent(meh) I thought I would go with a more simple bolt in swap. The car is going to be converted to a sil-eighty and will hopefully drift a bit and possibly drag and auto-x.

Last edited by Tito; 06-26-2003 at 06:09 AM.
Old 06-27-2003, 02:04 AM
Contributing Member

Good luck with your ride, but if u really loved it u wouldnt teach ur girlfriend to drive stick in it!!! She'll F*ck up ur clutch or somthin, Theres nothing worse than the smell of burnt clutch coming from ur baby well anyways have fun with ur ride, and i dont know about what anyone else thinks but expensive tires are a waste of money jus get some Falkens or Hankook Ventus, there a good tire with a reasonable price. If ur driftin it wont matter anyway.
Old 06-27-2003, 06:00 AM

Yeah, I was gonna get some cheap performance tires with the best treadwear I can find. Oh yeah, my girlfriend after one learning session is very very good. No clutch burning, a couple of stalls but for the most part she was really really good. She is probably gonna buy a manual A3 jetta now, which makes me pretty happy. She now has a good winter car to drive me around in while the 240 is garaged.
Old 06-27-2003, 10:40 AM
Contributing Member

it sucks that all the cool things you want to do to your car are so expensive.

i've only got 2 more semesters before i graduate.......so hopefully i'll be able to have the dopest ride here......i'ma do it all!