S-Chassis Newbie / FAQs Forum New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the community. FAQs will also be answered in here.

New 240 enthusiast to the forums

Old 06-26-2003, 06:03 AM

New 240 enthusiast to the forums

Hey,
Just thought I would drop a little introduction for myself. I have been lurking around for quite a while now, but I figured I am gonna be needing some help soon and thought I would register and all. In the spring of this year I purchased a 1991 240sx hatchback. The car is pretty rough, but that is a good thing because I am planning on doing a ton of work anyways and thus the price was great. I worked a seasonal job to get the car, and was outta work til just now (I'm only 17 so a good job is hard to find). But now I am working full 40 hour weeks this summer to pay for all the parts that will be going into my car. My first mod will be adressing a major problem with the 240, terrible tires. I haven't yet decided upon my rims and tires yet, I do know I want probably 17's and some good performing tires with a long treadwear. If anyone has any suggestions as far as what to get or where to get it I would much appreciate it.
Heh, and by the way, tonight I am planning on taking my girlfriend out in the 240 and teaching her to drive stick. She is buying a used car sometime soon and would like to learn to drive 5speed to give her a broader range to choose from. Wish me luck.

Oh yeah, my goals for my car. I am planning an SR swap this winter. I had originally wanted an RB, but because I'll be doing the swap myself and I am not very intelligent(meh) I thought I would go with a more simple bolt in swap. The car is going to be converted to a sil-eighty and will hopefully drift a bit and possibly drag and auto-x.

Last edited by Tito; 06-26-2003 at 06:09 AM.
Old 06-27-2003, 02:04 AM
Contributing Member

Good luck with your ride, but if u really loved it u wouldnt teach ur girlfriend to drive stick in it!!! She'll F*ck up ur clutch or somthin, Theres nothing worse than the smell of burnt clutch coming from ur baby well anyways have fun with ur ride, and i dont know about what anyone else thinks but expensive tires are a waste of money jus get some Falkens or Hankook Ventus, there a good tire with a reasonable price. If ur driftin it wont matter anyway.
Old 06-27-2003, 06:00 AM

Yeah, I was gonna get some cheap performance tires with the best treadwear I can find. Oh yeah, my girlfriend after one learning session is very very good. No clutch burning, a couple of stalls but for the most part she was really really good. She is probably gonna buy a manual A3 jetta now, which makes me pretty happy. She now has a good winter car to drive me around in while the 240 is garaged.
Old 06-27-2003, 10:40 AM
Contributing Member

it sucks that all the cool things you want to do to your car are so expensive.

i've only got 2 more semesters before i graduate.......so hopefully i'll be able to have the dopest ride here......i'ma do it all!