Show and Shine Discuss the latest aero kits, and other non-performance items in here.

Die Trying: Take 2

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 02:41 PM

if its an rs, most likely a v6, no lt or ls motor. sorry about your strut tower man. it does look bad, but maybe some shop somewhere will fix it for you. hell, they bring these muscle car monstrosities back to life even if they have rusty rear asses and fenders. surely someone can fix a 14 year old mass produced car somewhere in jersey. btw, best part about having a nj plate in arkansas, im able to get away with only having one plate on the back. lol. Good luck brother, i hope it all works out for the best. dont give up man. your car is sexy as hell.
Old 05-31-2009, 10:00 PM

well thank you very much. ill be taking it to the body shop i used to paint at to get it fixed. i left on super good terms, and after showin the boss a few pictures of what happened im convinced hes going to hook me up.
these photos were taken from http://www.wreckedmagazine.com/dennis/ who is a friend of mine. im considering beefing up both towers like he did. this will also prevent the tires from rubbing the inside of the fender wall
Name:  dsc02911.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  32.2 KB

the motor needs to come out anyway. this is going to turn into a project car for the time being, but the camaro has been keeping me company

i wish it was the lt1, but the rs only has the 6. regardless, the plugs are still impossible to get too!! stupid chevy designs...long live nissan!
Old 05-31-2009, 10:11 PM

lol, the v6 has the optispark or a distributer? Dont really know about the v6 ones..
Old 05-31-2009, 11:59 PM

the v6 has the garbage for its ignition system. im familiar with chevy/gm stuff. wanna do a tune up on the ka? 30 mins tops. wanna do one on a chevy, anyone at all? 2 1/2 hours. they love to use coil packs that go bad all the time, and love to hide them in weird places.

anyway, i like the idea of having the vq. dead sexy when rowing through the gears. my only gripe is that you need room to work on the motor if you are going for a vq and there isnt a whole lot of clearance if you were to modify your wheel wells like that. for instance, what if you wanted to turbo that pig somewhere down the road? its a cool idea, and a sweet motor, and i dont mean to hate on it so im sorry in advance. i feel like im being your motorswap mom now. lol
Old 05-22-2010, 08:46 PM

ok a year later im back

but now i have a 90 300zx na (get over it)

ill get the pics up soon