Show and Shine Discuss the latest aero kits, and other non-performance items in here.

My old cars...

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 01:03 PM

My old cars...

Not sure if I ever posted these back when I first join but figured I would show off what I used to have and how this all started the 240 love...

1st: 1989 Chrysler New Yorker aka PimpYorker. Got this on my 16th birthday just like the dream always went lol....not what I wanted but hey it was free! Eventually got around and did some work to it. Had a nice system - custom Kicker trunk friend and I did, pioneer & kenwood speaks and a Xplod hu with iPod adapter. Also had a Magnaflow exhaust and a custom intake i made from stock tubing and a K&N filter.

2nd: Shop I work at for my Uncle had this Honda sitting there...I wanted a project real bad and was really getting into cars like 2 years back and I wanted a manual. I was real nervous but eventually my Uncle and I had a talk a I was going to pay him for it but since I had been helping out at the shop so much my man hooked me up for free! Needed some work but nothing myself and some good friends couldn't handle.

I got it home thanks to a friend with a tow truck and parked it in my garage. His buddy lol had a Honda shop and I needed a distributor. I wasn't big on forums yet so I never thought of using it off a parts car and could never find one at the junkyard but eventually a few months later he gets it to me and I popped that sucked right on.

I looked up the firing pattern at work and sucker started right up. Had a nice can on the back that sounded decent. Drove it around and burned off excess oil without a hood or front bumper for a little while. Didn't wanna risk it and get pulled over without tags.

Call up my friend who I work at the shop with and I needed him to pull the support back out for me so he tied it to the tree and ripped that thing out with his dually and needless to say it wasn't perfect but it worked. Since he had it his house and I had ordered all new hood, bumper and a bunch of other odds he drops them in and it's ready to go bout a year later, but I was so pumped because it was all mine

Put my system from the 89 into this and added some Alpine speaks with the rear ones already in and I had a nice system plus the tint I put on. I loved this car but I could have never been happy with the damage it had. If it wasn't for the damage I would be auto-x'n a Civic right now over drifting my 240!!!!

more to come...
Old 02-03-2008, 01:10 PM

3rd: This is where I got a little over zealous and was too young with too much money, which I worked all through high school for no help from parents!! I went and saw Transformers...my buddy had a '07 GT. I always wanted a Camaro. I saw the movie and that was it...it clicked and I had to get my muscle car. Dream big son

Anyways I started a search that took like 3 days and found this one on eBay in Wisconsin and had to have it since it was cheap with a new motor and some other stuff. I was younger and stupid. Learned my lesson but from the time I had it to the time I sold it those were some of the greatest days of my life and one of the coolest summers ever!!!!! I did a lot of work with it cleaning stuff up and removing junk but here are some pics of flush, cars, etc.

Old 02-03-2008, 01:12 PM

So in the end I sold the Civic and the Camaro and drove to NY for my 240...eventually sold the Chrysler and are waiting on the goodies as used that money for...here we are...hope ya enjoy my car life story!
Old 02-03-2008, 03:11 PM

I hate how the Chrysler In side look like
Old 02-04-2008, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by 94Boy
I hate how the Chrysler In side look like
yea I wasn't too much of a fan of my pimp look lol or the interior with no A/C it was hell in summer but I loved it...sentimental first car
Old 02-04-2008, 10:00 PM
Contributing Member

I love the insides of those chryslers. My friend had that same car and my god were those seats comfortable.

Why did you sell that beautiful Camaro? Didnt you love the feel of that Hurst shifter in your hand? If only they didnt look so gay in a 240...... and you never said why you got the 240 either.
Old 02-04-2008, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by ryguy
I love the insides of those chryslers. My friend had that same car and my god were those seats comfortable.

Why did you sell that beautiful Camaro? Didnt you love the feel of that Hurst shifter in your hand? If only they didnt look so gay in a 240...... and you never said why you got the 240 either.
Camaro had a terrible frame and floor was gone I got myself in to deep. I didn't have the funds needed to rebuild that or the time needed to spend on it...but yes I did. Best day was when I first took it out and some Cavalier rolls by and I just put it to about 4k and that thing was a monster the Cav rolled right past jaws down lol

The 240 was I started to get more into the race scene and joined some forums, searched around and decided I wanted to drift and build a 240 thanks to some rides I saw on my local forum and all the info I read about them not being impossible to work on and the specs of the car itself...I just kept searching and found it and now I can't get enough of them!!!! I do good research now so I know what I am getting myself into