Show and Shine Discuss the latest aero kits, and other non-performance items in here.

My Story- It may be long, so hold on

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2004, 10:03 PM

Cool My Story- It may be long, so hold on

I'm excited to join this forum for 240 lovers. I started out with a 1994 Nissan Sentra LE 4 door with the ga16de motor. Bought the car as a little family mobile and ended up sporting it up a bit with full 2"inch exhaust, 3.5inch Aerospeed muffler, header, racing cat, intake and a some custom interior. I was starting to get obsessed with the feeling for performance I was quickly at a stand still. My next move would of been a turbo kit which HOT SHOT released recently but that alone would of cost a few thousand, not to mention I had bad rings in my motor already so I would of needed a new motor at that.

While fixing up the Sentra I became obsessed with Nissan and dreamed about GTRs, Silvias, 350z (OH YEAH) when one day my cousin (Another Nissan Fan, owner of a fixed up 1993 Altima) who called me one day from a store he was working at and said there is a 240 for sale in his town which is only about 15 miles from where I live. The price tag said $800 OBO on it. So out of fear of losing out on this opportunity to own a 240 and be amongst all of you today, I called the owner immediately and begged for an immediate viewing, of course I realized it was 9 p.m. so I thought Id make an appointment to see it in a couple days.

NEXT DAY:
I was getting ansy, worried, I knew someone was gonna grab up on this deal so I told my cousin to rip down the ad in the store (heartless I know) and had him cruise down to take a sneak peak of the car. Well it was hurting, abused but still ALIVE! I had to check out the car TODAY, so I was able to squeeze in an early appointment, cruised over to the owners house and took the beast for a drive. WOW! 207k miles, seat held up by a metal rod, exhaust making noises and clangs I never knew were possible. Car wouldn't start for nothing, popped the hood and the battery was barely visible from all the corrosion. Was able to get it going long enough for a drive. Hit 95 MPH without even blinking, I was hooked, SOO HOOKED I didn't care at this point what condition the car was in, I wanted this car.

Was able to get the lady to go down to $700, which allowed me enough to get a new battery and drive my new lady home.

Upon arriving, my cousin took so much interest in this car that he felt like he was part owner. He bought me a strut bar and powder coated it an anodized red for me, and got me an intake as well as powercoated my valve cover for me before I could even recover from my small (but large if you don't have money) investment.

My cousin recently bought a $15k oven for powdercoating and he can do all sorts of sweet colors, metallic prisms and more. Nice having connections.

Anyway, we welded up my exhaust, I bought TONS of ebay replacement panels, new dash, white face gauges new GTR emblems and more just waiting until my car GET OUT OF THE PAINT SHOP in a week or so. Going for a maroon metallic red with pearl. Should be sweet, I'll post some pics when finished.

If you've read this far, thanks for enduring through my excitement, I had to vent!
Old 05-28-2004, 01:02 AM

wow! Sounds like you guys don't waste any time gettin a project goin! What are your plans with the motor?
Old 05-29-2004, 06:23 PM

Well I've been hearing that the Silvias in Japan run with the 2.0 SE-R Turbos if I 'm not mistaken. With the money I had from the Sentra being sold I was either gonna go with the JDM 2.0 turbo swap or get it painted, I decided on the paint because I always get my cars mechanically fixed up, but then can never afford a paint job, so I'm trying the opposite this time.

How about your car?
Old 06-02-2004, 09:30 PM

Congrats, sounds good man hope the paint comes out nice. Only thing I'd say is hold off on the GTR badges. Maybe a Silvia one would make more sense. Oh yeah is it a FB or coupe?
Old 06-03-2004, 09:45 PM

It's a 1990 240 Fastback. It has the "pignose" from what I understand everyone calls it. I purchased a front end from a 1992 which I thought looked pretty neat. Everything bolts on, the only problem is that the very bottom section where the fender and bumper meet, the lines down exactly match up so body man is gonna pull a fast one and make it look nice.

I purchased a paint called Toreador red or something like that, it was (is) a Ford color/ GM color that I thought looked sweet, plus the guy painting my car poured in some Red Satin Pearl.
Old 06-03-2004, 09:50 PM

Here is a before shot. I'll post and after once complete
Attached Thumbnails My Story- It may be long, so hold on-240sx.jpg  
Old 06-04-2004, 09:53 PM

awww man thats awsome. I hoping to get me a s13 fastback maybe this summer.