Show and Shine Discuss the latest aero kits, and other non-performance items in here.

picked up an s14,its definitely a little different, needs some stuff, check it out

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 06:42 AM

hmm damn. i mean its better then green just how it sits right now, but i know i can make it look better and honestly if it didnt have the streaks it would look better than the black paint on the bottom half of the car lol. ill have to try wet sanding....
Old 09-08-2009, 07:20 AM

havent updated on here for a few days...here is where its at currently
Old 09-08-2009, 07:23 AM

ordered some nissan radio brackets, ngk 3330 spark plugs in a 7 heat range, and a titek magnetic oil drain plug. got an odyssey small battery and a vacuum manifold. picked up an electric fan thermostat switch along with new nuts and bolts for the turbo and manifold. anyone know where to get new exhaust manifold studs?

$150 dollars doesnt seem to go very far lol, i feel like i just wasted money but everything i bought was needed
heres what 150 can get you lol

got my odyssey battery in the mail, 2 days shipping from an ebay seller, i was somewhat impressed, too bad i wont need it for a few weeks.....
came with terminals and all hardware

turbo all cleaned up

So even thought the turbo may look a bit better, ive decided to buy a gt35r. I measured this manifold flange and it turns out the guy before me just welded a t3 exhaust flange right over the t4 flange. He didnt smooth the transition of anything else either, just threw it on there, and then proceeded to put a twinscroll t4 turbo right back on it. hmm i think he was confused....

its not the greatest which is why i thought it was an ebay manifold. i think now that maybe its an obx or something along those lines? still technically ebay but the runners all line up perfectly with the head flange and it seems to be decently constructed. the wastegate runners are not ideal, so i may have them changed up if there is room.either way, a tial 44mm will be what i use. i just hope it lasts. ive realized that unlike hondas, there do not seem to be too many in-between manifolds. they are either super cheap, or up in the $900s + range
Old 09-08-2009, 07:26 AM

pulled the harness , i just kept finding too many jacked up wires and rigged ****.

now finding the diagrams to get this thing back in one piece and looking good may be difficult..... i had to cut it to get it out, but i made sure to cut where the wires are all different colors obviously. sooo many of them were just taped inside and not connected to anything at all..... next i will put the fuse box either in the trunk or under the airbag cover

another morning started at 7:00. for about the first hour of today i kinda just sat there and stared into space, trying to decide where to begin. figured i pulled the engine harness yesterday, might as well tackle one area at a time. ive been wanting to run the battery cables to the trunk, but i cant do that until i know where the fuse box is going to be. so here we are......

bay sure looks clean with no wires, keep in mind i havent even touched the fuel lines yet, just removed all the wires. the engine harness will go back in of course but hopefully it will be more hidden.

at the end of the day i finally got the harness completely out but it was a ***** to say the least. it wasnt really difficult but it sure was time consuming. labeled everything and was planning on heading over to the passenger side to find a mounting spot for the fusebox under where the airbag try will be but it started raining pretty hard and ended my day
Old 09-08-2009, 12:54 PM
Contributing Member

Good deal man. Looks like you're getting everything cleaned up real well.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:38 PM
Contributing Member

good work man. your car is gonna be alot better off after your done.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:46 PM
Contributing Member

be careful with that torch, i know of a guy who had one blow up in his hand.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:38 PM

thanks guys.
for real, it really blew up? wtf?
Old 09-08-2009, 09:29 PM
Contributing Member

Hey i just read this thread.... cool project.

about the plugs............. you can run anything you want. they are not motor specific. they just come with preset gaps. Whatever you get.... make sure it is copper. As you will be able to alter the gap and not ruin the electrode. OE is not going to work because the motor has a new Turbo ( diesel ftw ) on it.

about that turbo.. i mean its your world.. but if that thing has no radial or axial play....... you are wasting money. that turbo is just as good if not better than at GT35r bro.

Last edited by Biggamehit; 09-08-2009 at 09:32 PM.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:17 PM

thanks. oh cool thanks for the info about the plugs, i was not sure. i did order some copper ngk 3330s in a seven heat range so they should be good. i need to pick up some other ones for the tuning day.

yeah about the turbo, i really just didnt want to screw with it to be honest. i would have had to build a new 4 inch dp for it to mate with my 3 inch (it has an irregular vband style clamp flange), weld the wastegate flapper shut, and either get a new manifold or cut the t3 flange that the guy before me welded onto it off since the cat turbo has a t4 twinscroll housing. Also I dont know anything about it as far as size goes other than the exhaust side is .70 and its made by borg warner/schwitzer. i figure that with the t3 gt35r .82ar, the car will be much more responsive on the street and is a bolt on affair. i listed all of this hoping to receive some criticism so please let me know what you think as this was something i debated about for a little while...
thanks
Old 09-08-2009, 11:19 PM
Contributing Member

no doubt man. I understand fully

but the diesel turbos spool fast bro very fast. I am a diesel turbo guy and I know for sure that turbo will make your heart happy within lol. look for serial numbers on the turbo and google it for compressor maps and specs.

ps

ebay manifolds are not bad.. not the new ones bro.

Last edited by Biggamehit; 09-08-2009 at 11:36 PM.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:03 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Biggamehit
no doubt man. I understand fully

but the diesel turbos spool fast bro very fast. I am a diesel turbo guy and I know for sure that turbo will make your heart happy within lol. look for serial numbers on the turbo and google it for compressor maps and specs.

ps

ebay manifolds are not bad.. not the new ones bro.
woah i think Donnie was in japan for too long he is starting to speak in broken English.
Old 09-09-2009, 05:57 AM

i see what your saying. originally i had planned to run it and my goal was just to clean up what i have and get it running without changing out any major parts but i always stray away lol. I have tried every serial number i could find on the turbo though and all i came up with is that other info saying its a borg warner/schwitzer and the ar size. from your experience, what could i compare it to in size? i had a guy tell me its the same size as his gt40? do you think i could sell it for a decent amount of money?

oh yeah, the ebay manifolds are looking better and better. I would love to buy one of the full-race copies and have the t6 flange chopped in favor of a t3
thanks
Old 09-09-2009, 08:15 AM

What kind of elbow would you use with a cat turbo? haha. but anyways the green wipers make baby jesus cry.. :P but the cars looking good!
Old 09-09-2009, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Nickmerrone
What kind of elbow would you use with a cat turbo? haha. but anyways the green wipers make baby jesus cry.. :P but the cars looking good!
hah not sure about what elbow, i fully agree with you on the wipers though...if it would stop raining here, i could get the whole car one color. even 99cent spray paint is better than green

Quick Reply: picked up an s14,its definitely a little different, needs some stuff, check it out