Show and Shine Discuss the latest aero kits, and other non-performance items in here.

picked up an s14,its definitely a little different, needs some stuff, check it out

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by alex_s817
hah not sure about what elbow, i fully agree with you on the wipers though...if it would stop raining here, i could get the whole car one color. even 99cent spray paint is better than green
I hear you. and its 97 cents at walmart...thats why my car was painted on, then i upgraded to the good ****..2.97 a can! haha.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:52 PM
Contributing Member

thanks guys.
for real, it really blew up? wtf?
yup blew up, if you've ever played with a lighter and an aerosol can you'd know what happened. it didn't hurt him thought, it was more of a pop than and bang or boom.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:14 PM
Contributing Member

Nick... there is no elbow for that you must create one just like I made mine.

Alex the basic rule of thumb is... the bigger the AR.. the longer the spool. that 1jz will have no issue spooling that turbo.

There is formula that you can use to measure the inducer and exducer of the the exhaust and compressor side to get the true AR. I will hook you up with that info shortly.

you cant go bases off the outside of the turbo. Pull the housings off and take pictures of it for me with a ruler next to it. You will need a measuring caliper to get the sizes of the inducer and exducer.

Last edited by Biggamehit; 09-09-2009 at 01:33 PM.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:16 PM

hah not sure about what elbow, i fully agree with you on the wipers though...if it would stop raining here, i could get the whole car one color. even 99cent spray paint is better than green
Originally Posted by Biggamehit
Nick... there is no elbow for that you must create one just like I made mine.

Alex the basic rule of thumb is... the bigger the AR.. the longer the spool. that 1jz will have no issue spooling that turbo.

there is formula that you can use to measure the inducer and exducer of the the exhaust and compressor side to get the true AR. I will hook you up with that info shortly.

you cant go bases off the outside of the turbo. Pull the housings off and take pictures of it for me with a ruler next to it. You will need a measuring caliper to get the sizes of the inducer and exducer.
so i have to make an elbow for my supra turbo?
Old 09-09-2009, 01:45 PM
Contributing Member

yes if the turbo is custom such as that.... you have to make a custom downpipe... that goes for any car. If its not made to be a bolt-on setup you must make parts.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:52 PM

thank god by time i boost ill be able to drive to the shop.
Old 09-09-2009, 03:02 PM

ok i can do that, i dont have a micrometer though, ill have to see if i can get my hands on one from a friend or something. thank you for the help
Old 09-14-2009, 01:15 PM

worked on the car all day today, got the hood and pass fender painted, wiper cowl and wiper blades plasti dipped, and got about 70% of the fuse box relocation complete. dont have any pics of the painted body pieces, it got too dark.

picked up a ps reservoir, from an s13, got it for $6. doesnt mount up perfect but i can get it to work easily

bay looks pretty good without any wires

had to start today by chopping off the firewall plug

got the wiper cowl looking pretty fresh

started labeling each wire, there were a total of 47 or 48 i think

took out about 4 feet of wire in the beginning

this is what was left to put on the pass side under the airbag tray

then I put all the wiring/plugs that need to be in the bay in their general area so i could plan out where to run each wire under the dash

separated each fuse box wire so they wouldnt be under stress when i loom them up

and this is where is pretty much where i left off, i got a little farther than this after the pic

I should be able to get the fuse box wiring completely done by tomorrow, hopefully get the rest of the car spray bombed, and maybe finish up the trunk area with the battery mount. if anyone has some information regarding switching the 240 fuel hard lines to sit underneath the driver's side, please let me know. It is something i would like to do but since i do not have a jack or stands i cannot even see up under the car to get an idea of how much work it is.
thanks
Old 09-14-2009, 01:16 PM

old cat turbo compared to the 35r, makes it look kinda small, especially the exhaust housing
Old 09-14-2009, 01:17 PM

got some more of the harness done, after this pic i got about half of the wires soldered. I ran into a little problem. when i cut it i was pretty sure that all of the wires were different colors. Now, i have 5 red/blue wires lol. im prob gonna have to trace each one which definitely sucks.

didnt have time to paint the roof or mirrors yet, but its looking a little better.

intercooler hangs a bit low, looks retarded imo. i tried re-mounting it but its all the way up
Old 09-14-2009, 02:07 PM

your doing all this work in a parking lot?!
Old 09-14-2009, 02:52 PM
Contributing Member

Great progress again man. If you ever need an extra hand I'd love to help. As for the intercooler hanging low, just get a front lip and your problem is solved
Old 09-14-2009, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Nickmerrone
your doing all this work in a parking lot?!
yep unfortunately haha. going to a college that is ten hours away from my home garage definitely sucks.....
Old 09-14-2009, 04:11 PM

oh its your college lot?
Old 09-14-2009, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by silviaks2nr
Great progress again man. If you ever need an extra hand I'd love to help. As for the intercooler hanging low, just get a front lip and your problem is solved
thanks man. yeah i may need some help next weekend if you are interested? im willing to give someone a few dollars if they will let me borrow a jack and some jack stands. i need to hang the exhaust, change some fluids, and look into running the hard fuel lines onto the driver's side. not all in one day of course haha.

i would like to get a front lip but im planning on either a vertex or origin stylish kit in the summer time when i have the car painted. maybe if i could find a cheap temporary one that looks good.....

Quick Reply: picked up an s14,its definitely a little different, needs some stuff, check it out