Show and Shine Discuss the latest aero kits, and other non-performance items in here.

right hand conversion

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2003, 09:52 PM

Lightbulb right hand conversion

I want to do a right hand drive 240sx a long with other conversions. I want to do it to a 92 240sx. Iam wanting to know how hard it would be to do the conversion. .
Old 10-11-2003, 10:39 PM

You're kidding, right? It is possible to do it. In fact, there's someone on CarDomain.com that is doing a RHD conversion, but it requires a massive amount of money, plus a massive amount of custom work. Do a search, I'm sure someone somewhere has laid out the plans to doing this. Somewhere
Old 10-11-2003, 11:30 PM

same as any other car that you want to do right hand drive, get the front off of a right hand drive car that has been cut down the middle for that purpose. the front clip will be cut down through the center of the windshield and down through the center of the car. thus making it a cut and weld procedure. pretty pricy but the end results can be phenominal. If you are serious about doing it I would first contact import auto salvage in NC about getting a rhd front clip from and s13, after you do that contact a good body guy cause hes gonna need some skills, otherwise try to get ahold of jesse james and monster garage and they could prolly help you out.
Old 10-11-2003, 11:57 PM
Contributing Member

if ya search...u would find out more info/ we have covered this topic and many others have
Old 10-12-2003, 07:22 AM

???

I don't get why you would even want to do this...
Old 10-12-2003, 09:14 AM
Contributing Member

Re: ???

Originally posted by Tatanko
I don't get why you would even want to do this...
kus its so differnet then everyone else..
Old 10-12-2003, 11:59 AM

But all that work and all that money just for something like that? Seems like it's more trouble than it's worth and you're not even really gaining anything...
Old 10-12-2003, 06:06 PM

Originally posted by Tatanko
But all that work and all that money just for something like that? Seems like it's more trouble than it's worth and you're not even really gaining anything...
its jsut like abody kit, or set of rims. i too am looking to do this to my 92 after i do my skyline motor swap. i guess i just want to get my car back to its roots
Old 10-12-2003, 06:43 PM

thanks

thanks for the help.
Old 10-12-2003, 11:39 PM

RHD conversions are cool and all. But i'm so right handed that i wouldn't be able to shift. we're designed to run our cars on the right hand side of the road, so i feel that a RHD conversion won't work perfectly with our road conditions. your blind spots will be moved, a new skill set for driving will need to be learned. and the massive amount of money spent could go into something usefull like performance upgrades. i'm all about JDM, but i've never felt that doing a RHD conversion was worth it.
Old 10-12-2003, 11:47 PM

Originally posted by JR.h1jax0r
RHD conversions are cool and all. But i'm so right handed that i wouldn't be able to shift. we're designed to run our cars on the right hand side of the road, so i feel that a RHD conversion won't work perfectly with our road conditions. your blind spots will be moved, a new skill set for driving will need to be learned. and the massive amount of money spent could go into something usefull like performance upgrades. i'm all about JDM, but i've never felt that doing a RHD conversion was worth it.
it's simple to drive. it doesnt take long to get used to it. at first i was banging my hand on the door cuz my right hand needs to shift. and the signals and wipers control are opposite. so you might turn your wipers on when you wanna use signals.
Old 10-13-2003, 06:29 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by JR.h1jax0r
i'm sure shifting left-handed could be learned with relatively little difficulty. i was stationed in okinawa, japan for a year and shifting w/my left hand was weird at first. however, i quickly got the hang of it, and soon it was old news. if u can shift right handed, u can shift left handed. same process, just gotta get used to it. now, if u want bizzare, try driving a (steering) column-mounted stick shift on the left hand side!
Old 10-13-2003, 08:01 AM

Originally posted by Sil40_Mayhem
i'm sure shifting left-handed could be learned with relatively little difficulty. i was stationed in okinawa, japan for a year and shifting w/my left hand was weird at first. however, i quickly got the hang of it, and soon it was old news. if u can shift right handed, u can shift left handed. same process, just gotta get used to it. now, if u want bizzare, try driving a (steering) column-mounted stick shift on the left hand side!
what base were you stationed at. i was a military dependent over at kadena air base.
Old 10-13-2003, 07:59 PM

automatics suck

RHD RULES!!!!!!!!!!

IF I DO THE TRANSFORMATION I WILL PUT IN AN AUTO TRANS.

IT IS GOING TO BE A BAD *** SHOW CAR MAINLY.

BUT I AM NOT GOING TO LEAVE IT WITH A STOCK ENGINE
Old 10-13-2003, 10:06 PM

RHD

I WANT TO DO THE TRANSFORMATION MY SELF WITH SOME FRIENDSWOULD IT BE THAT HARD? WHAT IF ANYTHING WOULD NEED TO BE CUSTOMIZED.

Quick Reply: right hand conversion