Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Make your 240sx/Silvia's handling better and stopping faster.

Brakes are locking up....Help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2003, 12:29 PM

Exclamation Brakes are locking up....Help!

Yeah I just recently have been having a problem with my brakes. Here is what happens; The brakes are fine for one second and then every once and a while the brakes will seize up and lock my front brakes ( when I'm driving), so I turned my car off, then pumped my brakes ( the pedal just got stiffer every time I pumped), then after they were as stiff as they could get I let off the pedal and then it made a weird sound (like a farting sound) I then turned the car back on and they worked a little better . I haven't had the chance to look at them but I will in the next couple of days.....I just wanted to know if anyone on the board has had the same problem or if they just know what it is. I think it is either one of three things : (1) brake booster (2) master cylinder (3) something with the caliper. Does anyone have
a clue of what is happening?
Old 04-09-2003, 08:30 AM

Never mind I found out what the problem was. It was the calipers, the seal around them was ripped and it was letting in air and building up the pressure. I replaced those and I put in some new steel braided brake lines.