Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Make your 240sx/Silvia's handling better and stopping faster.

Cusco Comp-s technical question (S14)

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 07:38 PM

Cusco Comp-s technical question (S14)

Just intalled my suspension on my S14, Cusco Comp-s. I bought them used. Few questions came in the process of installation, maybe someone can help out. BTW it is my first coilover setup,

1- I noticed that on the rear coilovers(front are labeled), there are no "L" or "R". Is it kind of universal ? Or do I need to look closer ? (Already installed)

2- When everything was installed, torqued to specs and ajusted at the height I wanted, I went for a test drive and noticed a weird nose coming off the front right of the car. I opened up the hood and noticed that the top bolt in the middle of the suspension became higher than the one on the left. I know that those coilovers are only height ajustable(camber also but...) and dampening is NOT ajustable. I bolted it up until it was at the same level as the other side. (I noticed also it was turning on itself once firmely bolted, not sure someone will understand what I mean but...) What is the purpose of those bolts and have I done the right thing.

3- My previous setup was OEM Strut in front and KYB-GR2 at the back). I know the coilovers are harder thant that but sometimes when I drive in a bump, a loud noise comes up. I guess the stifness of the new suspension do that but I am still asking if it's normal.
Old 07-16-2006, 10:16 PM
Contributing Member

My jic's had the strut bolt problem. I took an impact gun with medium torque to it.

Rears are the same left and right.

Its not harder is stiffer. Get sub frame spacers.