Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Make your 240sx/Silvia's handling better and stopping faster.

Ebay Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2003, 06:32 AM

Ebay Coilovers

Is the "ebay special" coilovers worth it? There so cheap, but want, are they weak?

Here they go:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33582
Old 10-27-2003, 08:12 AM
Contributing Member

Re: Ebay Coilovers

Originally posted by 2240sx's
Is the "ebay special" coilovers worth it? There so cheap, but want, are they weak?

Here they go:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33582
answered. look for drnovascotia:

http://www.club240.com/forums/showth...&threadid=7013
Old 10-27-2003, 09:48 AM
Contributing Member

big I wouldnt invest the money in them...even if there so damn cheap
Old 10-27-2003, 10:02 AM

Are they that cheap? WWill they breack on you while driving? I'm just wondering how bad are they? Has anybody been brave enough to try them? What are some good, not TOO high (read:dirt cheap) coilovers, shocks, camber kits too buy? What is the board running?
Old 10-27-2003, 10:21 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by 2240sx's
Are they that cheap? WWill they breack on you while driving? I'm just wondering how bad are they? Has anybody been brave enough to try them? What are some good, not TOO high (read:dirt cheap) coilovers, shocks, camber kits too buy? What is the board running?
awww man, there are some really good threads in the brakes/wheels/tires/suspension forums that cover it, but i can't remember which ones. i'd say look around a bit and u'll get some ideas. on the price/performance issue, the name that keeps coming up is the kyb agx shocks. the springs, i've heard of many ideas for those as well. i think the recurring theme is that it's better to get a quality shock/spring combo than cheapie coilovers if u want perfomance on a budget. again, check out the forums and see what u find. also, there's a group buy in the "vendor for sale" forums (or maybe the "private for sale"?) for D2 coilovers for $600. i don't know ish about those, but from what i read they sounded okay. i'd say research them. hope this helps.
Old 10-27-2003, 10:35 AM
Contributing Member

on the research...no one has the ***** to try out the ebay coilovers because someone tried to get info on the coilovers and the company is super shady.sum cheap coilovers are the ground control ones, not the greatest...but they will do for awhile.
Old 10-28-2003, 11:36 AM
Contributing Member

why invest that $100 on something you know is gonna be crap, you'd be better off buying anytthing else. Buying that ebay crap isn't a good way to save money, you're going to be hurting your car.

Dr.
Old 10-30-2003, 04:53 AM
Contributing Member

Ebay is good for a lot of things, but there's also some pretty bad crap on there too. Those "Ebay special" coilovers are generic coilovers. One of the local garages ordered 2 sets for customers - one for a Civic and one for a S13 and guess what? Same thing, but the caps were drilled differently to accmodate the different strut sizes.

Oh and the ride is bumpy as hell too. Makes weird sounds LOL

Springs/Shocks are a very important part of your car, so I wouldn't skimp on it like I would maybe a generic shift **** or strut bar. Stick to the proven brands like KYB, Eibach, Tein, Whiteline, Tokico, Ground Control ... or the hardcore stuff like HKS, Apexi, GP Sports, etc.
Old 10-30-2003, 10:56 AM

I just talked to a guy with a 99' Civic (he's not a ricer, pretty cool for owning a Civic ) and he bought a set, he says there sweaky, the paint has chipped off of them, etc. He's ordering another set because theere so cheap. I think i'll leave them the hell alone and just go with a proven brand. How much did you guys have to pay for shocks/coilovers and how do you feel about them? I want to get a set for daily driving and weekend drift (not every weekend, maybe once or twice a month) and for long distance driving. Nothing that makes a CD player skip everytime you hit a squirrel. Man I hate when that happens...i'll be on my favorite part, too!
Old 10-30-2003, 11:03 AM

I just talked to a guy with a 99' Civic (he's not a ricer, pretty cool for owning a Civic ) and he bought a set, he says there sweaky, the paint has chipped off of them, etc. He's ordering another set because theere so cheap. I think i'll leave them the hell alone and just go with a proven brand. How much did you guys have to pay for shocks/coilovers and how do you feel about them? I want to get a set for daily driving and weekend drift (not every weekend, maybe once or twice a month) and for long distance driving. Nothing that makes a CD player skip everytime you hit a squirrel. Man I hate when that happens...i'll be on my favorite part, too!
Old 10-31-2003, 05:49 AM
Contributing Member

You can do the eibach/other springs & KYB AGX springs for ~650, whereas you're looking 1K-1200 for coilovers. If you can afford the coilover, definately go for them. if not, the AGX's are adjustable, so for drifting/track you put them on hard and for daily driving soft, and they'll be fine. If you're a hardcore drifter you'll want coilovers. But coilovers are just a start for suspension. . . .

Dr.