Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Make your 240sx/Silvia's handling better and stopping faster.

Megan Racing vs Apexi N1 coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 11:05 AM

most likely they are the same housing with different shocks, that is pretty common. Theres plenty of shcok dynos in california, im sure a test could be organized.

The shock is the most important thing, as long as the brackets dont break (something ive seen happen on alot of low end coilovers) you just need a good shock. its my opinion you cant get a decently valved shock for less then $1500.

Of course I swear by Zeals, but ive never had a problem convincing someone to spend a little more for GP sports or something similar over a bargain coilover. Everyones always been appreciative after they get a chance to see what a nice coilover can be like.
Old 08-23-2005, 12:04 PM

man i can't find places that sell the exv's. only play i found is hopupracing and frsport.com. i would order from them but have never heard of them.
Old 10-08-2005, 04:45 PM

just got in my exv's and they look the same as the megan coils. even the packaging are the same, i've seen the megans in box also. but yet again only a dyno of both would tell the truth.
Old 10-08-2005, 11:16 PM
Contributing Member

Dynoing coil-overs?
Old 10-09-2005, 09:47 AM

Who would want to waste there time to dyno Megans? The dampeners are doo doo anyways. Instead of you guys rambling on to page 5, you could of saved alot of trouble and just called APEXI. Megan is a Chinese company that uses cheap korean/chinese parts. APEXI is a JDM manufacturer and in no way contributes to the sales of MeganRacing. A 2 minute phone call to Apexi settled that whole debate. Really for a bunch of Noobs that don't kow jack between the 2 it would be a nooberific thread full of B.S...... I say it's time to close this wack thread...........

Message to the thread starter you don't know jack between the 2 companies. Why your name is underground when it should be Bullshiater. This thread was funny at first but now I am just getting a fat *** headache. Surf around to other forums to get your answers before making up one of your own..........

Last edited by BigVinnie; 10-09-2005 at 09:52 AM.
Old 10-09-2005, 11:45 AM

the apexi exv's are made in taiwan for real, mine got stickers like that on all four coils.
Old 10-09-2005, 05:18 PM

Originally posted by Monkey Boy
the apexi exv's are made in taiwan for real, mine got stickers like that on all four coils.
But APEXI is Japanese engineering not Chinese. Apexi's tradition and value still follows Japanese manufacturing rules and regulations, to better serve you with there product. Megan is Chinese engineering, as well as production in China. The parts that are internally composed from the Megan to the Apexi are COMPLETELY different. There is not one similarity accept for the strut shell. Which if you havent noticed D2 uses the same shell and they comprise there own internals as well. A company called NEX coils also uses this same strut shell for there coil overs. So whats the point? ALL the internals from each manufacturer is different!!!!!! Megan will always be Chinese crap!!! You know why because the Chinese cut production in half to make a quick buck, and do not follow the methods of the haduken style assembly unlike the Japanese, (China after all is still a 3rdworld country!!!! They just had S.A.R.S, and now a new killer flew virus just came along!!!!!). The out source for parts (from Korea/china) on the Megan are crap as much as the assembly.
The parts from the Apexi are outsourced from europe/japan/u.s. There are not at all any similarities between the Apexi, and the Megan, and I wouldn't waste my time trying too dyno a Megan strut either. There best coilover for $800 is CRAP, compared to a $650 Tokico D-spec, jesus guys there is a search feature to this forum, and there is also google, get your freajkin answers and get off this subject, it is null and void!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-09-2005, 05:46 PM
Contributing Member

People pay attention:

Apex-i and Megan coilovers are NOT the same.

Underground (the original poster of this thread) is ignorant and probably only came here to spam it once or twice judging by his post count for who knows what reason (I'd guess to try to sell Megan coilovers since they are 'authorized distributors').

Apex-i and Megan Racing get similar parts manufactured by the same company - think of it like Nissan and Toyota buying relays or light bulbs from the same manufacturer - but other than that and some physical shared features, that's as far as it goes.

Apex-i DOES NOT make Megan Racing coilovers, or vice versa.

Apex-i EXV's ARE NOT recolored Megan Racing coilovers, or vice versa.

Everyone looking to get a 'super deal" by getting Megan Racing coilovers and thinking you're getting Apex-i coilovers, think again - you're only fooling yourself and anyone who's ignorant enough to believe you.

Someone ignorant like 'underground' who posted this thread in the first place.

BTW Closed to end all the hype/misunderstandings/rumors.

Apex-i > Megan Racing.