Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Make your 240sx/Silvia's handling better and stopping faster.

Strut ? lease Help Me

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 03:14 PM

Strut ? lease Help Me

Ok guys I have a 95 240 right..Well about 7 months ago I bought lowering springs for it 1.75" drop front and rear.Well I just threw them on not thinking about the stock struts plus being 10+ years old.

Well advedently I blew my rear struts straight out the water.My ride sucks its bouncy as hell and Im being thrown all over the place.

So for a quick buy to fix it fast I bought Kyb Gr-2's.
Now I hear this is a decent strut for stock replacmentss but only Work well when teamed Only with stock springs...Is this true??

Should I put them on or when I put them on should I put them with my stock springs...Keep in mind I only bought the rears since the front struts have been holding there own.

Wouldnt it look stupid Stock springs in the rear and lowering springs in the front?

Plus the boots on all of my struts are trashed and gone.
Also I wanna fix it right I want them to last a few months because I hate the lowering springs it was the worst money I have ever spent and Im gonna start saving for coil over.

Any suggestions Im planning on the Megan coil overs since I have like 3-4 other megan parts on my car and there actually pretty decebt for the money..

So should I stock spring rear with Gr-2 or take the risk with the lowering spring Or should I Put stock springs all the way around replace the rear struts sell the lowering springs and save for coilovers?

Please help me guys Im not much of the suspension guy I barely kno Shi* about suspension.
Old 11-10-2006, 04:20 PM
Contributing Member

if i were u id put replace the blown ones, and then put stock springs on all around and sell ur springs and save for coils..
Old 11-10-2006, 04:27 PM

Lol you helped me on 3 post now funny huh...These are all questions I been developing on my car...Ok I guess ima go stock springs and replace the blown ones...What about the boots though my struts dont have boots on them...And how much should I sell the springs for I dont kno if there the best of brand there Goldlines...And prolly about 5K miles on them at the most.....And what coilovers should I get? Megan Ksport Tein?
Old 11-10-2006, 04:59 PM
Contributing Member

well how long do u think itll be before u get coils? u can go without boots, its just you get more dirt up on the cylinder which could cause premature wear..otherwise i think u can get boots at a local auto store for pretty cheap..

how much did u pay for the springs?

tein is prolly the best outa those, but it depends which ones u get, dont get the basics..
Old 11-11-2006, 09:13 AM

hmmm I think I paid 275 for the springs..And im prolly gonna be 4-5 months without coils.
Old 11-11-2006, 10:07 PM
Contributing Member

damn thats a lot for some goldlines..maybe try sellin em for like 150?? i duno just take waht u can get i spose anything is better than nothing..and just rock stock cuz that aint too long
Old 11-15-2006, 12:41 PM

Hey wanna here some funny Shi# man I found both my stock front springs and 1 rear my parents accidently threw my other one away so I was forced to put the Gr-2s on lowering springs but Im quit suprised they havent blew out yet and its been about 5 days...There actually performing damn good...But still when the time is right Im still gonna get my coil overs untill then I have my fingers crossed on the gr-2's.
Old 11-15-2006, 07:51 PM
Contributing Member

oh itll last a couple months.
Old 11-15-2006, 11:07 PM
Contributing Member

yea def they may last u longer..al depends on your driving style and the drop, just get rid of em as soon as u get coils