Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Make your 240sx/Silvia's handling better and stopping faster.

Wheel Spacer/Shake ????

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 06:10 PM

Exclamation Wheel Spacer/Shake ????

Hi, i got two questions actually.

First one, I was looking at getting a 25mm bolt on adapter style wheel spacer. I have found a vendor that sells Hubcentric adapter style spacers. Has anyone used these hubcentric style? Because they also carry a universal style spacer as well. The only problem is that they will not have the hubcentric spacers for another 6-8 weeks and id really not like to wait that long.

So the Question is, Has anyone used universal bolt on/Adapter style spacers and have you had any problems with the wheel shaking? Or should i just wait for the hubcentric(i know these will be better).

The Next question is, the wheels that i have right now(that are waiting on the spacer) After i put them on and notice wheel shake from 45-55mph. I have had the wheels balanced and when the stockies were on, there was no shake at all. I believe the shake is caused by the wheel not being hubcentic. Does that sound right? So hubcentric rings might correct the problem even though the wheels have the correct bolt pattern for my car?

I hope i didnt confuse anyone. Thanks for your help.
Old 10-12-2006, 06:34 PM

They shouldnt wobble. Did you lowere the car at all and not get an alignment? Did you torque the wheels down properly (lug nuts in the right order)? Are the rims bent or damaged in any way?
Old 10-12-2006, 06:55 PM
Contributing Member

yea look at your lugs ive heard many stories were people have tightend there lugs improperly
Old 10-13-2006, 05:46 AM

Yeah, the car is sitting on AGX's and S-techs, and i have had a 4wheel alignment. I torqued down the wheels properly and also with the wheels off the ground. Wheels are brandnew and when they were balance no one said anything to me. I was thinking they might have been balanced wrong, but i have been using this tire shop for YEARS and have had no problems.

This is also strange, I have a different width rim in the rear. And when i had my brother drive my car(i was riding in another) when he hit 50 mph, i could actually see the front tire was out of whack. I mean, it looked like it wasnt centered properly, but the rear wheels looked fine. So i dont know whats going on.

I appreciate all the help.