Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Make your 240sx/Silvia's handling better and stopping faster.

Wheel/Tire Source

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2003, 08:26 PM

Wheel/Tire Source

Yeah, so with winter fast approaching, I'll put away my old all seasons and replace with winter. I'm thinking once Spring comes around, I want by baby to have a new pair of shoes

Anybody have any suggestions for online shops? I've heard a bit about Tirerack (Decent) and Wheelmax (horrible). Are there any other sites out there who can hook me up with a nice set of 17s for my 96? Maybe even a wheel/tire package?

One.
Old 09-28-2003, 08:48 PM
Contributing Member

Re: Wheel/Tire Source

Originally posted by Matino31
Yeah, so with winter fast approaching, I'll put away my old all seasons and replace with winter. I'm thinking once Spring comes around, I want by baby to have a new pair of shoes

Anybody have any suggestions for online shops? I've heard a bit about Tirerack (Decent) and Wheelmax (horrible). Are there any other sites out there who can hook me up with a nice set of 17s for my 96? Maybe even a wheel/tire package?

One.
What rims are you looking for? That would help as some rare ones are not carried by many shops.

Fantastic site you got going there!
Old 09-28-2003, 08:58 PM

Nothing too expensive and definitely good quality. I was thinking some Tenzos or Koseis, anything with 6-spokes and regular silver color. But basically wheels that look good and wont freaking ding after going over a small bump.

As for the site, THANKS! . Yeah, we're just some friends from college that loved cars and goofed around a bit. The guy who actually maintains the site is the one that has the R33 (he's currently in Japan). Gonna have my baby added to the group in a couple of days!!
Old 09-28-2003, 10:50 PM

Kosei's are nice, but hard to find at a decent price. All I;ve aever seen were pretty expensive-and that was only the 15".

Tenzo has some nice new rims out, take a look at Racing Hart, they have some nice 6 spoke rims too.

I'm looking at Bronze Rota Circuit 8's for my '90, the Tarmacs and Slipstreams are pretty nice too.
Old 09-29-2003, 07:55 PM

I'll recommend Tire Rack, had some tires ordered from them and they were pretty decent prices and very fast shipping, as for rims_ Kosei's are good but hard to find cheap, Rota's are also good but try and find some good slipstreams if the JDM Honda guys aren't all over them...
Old 09-29-2003, 08:39 PM

Went to Tirerack.com and some of their wheels are actually pretty nice. The set I liked most was the KAZERA KZ-Ss. Anybody have them and are happy? Or maybe just as importantly, anybody know of any horror stories?!

I heard that KAZERA is a spinoff ASA but they still manufacture the wheels. In which case, I know that ASAs are at least decent quality. As always, feedback of any kind is appreciated.

One.
Old 09-29-2003, 09:33 PM
Contributing Member

man, i have a pair of enki's a crappy pair of S12 mesh, some G20, some z, some pep-boys, and some tear drops.
i roll low budget. and they are just as good as the next guy who spends.....

so i say hit the local inport yard and get a gem that's just collecting dirt, for dirt cheap
i had tons of pics but cant log in to my pic account
so here is an attachment
Attached Thumbnails Wheel/Tire Source-img00176.jpg  
Old 09-30-2003, 04:56 AM
Contributing Member

I would stay away from knockoffs. They usually have one ingrediant missing keeping them from being great.

Unless they bought a casting and the right to make the rims like Kosei did from Buddy Club.
Old 09-30-2003, 05:24 AM

Tirerack is a good place to start, but thier selection is a little poor and a little on the pricey side. Try Discount tire direct (http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/home.jsp), or a local discount tire (they are everywhere).

Ps: I agree wit the yellow chef, nice site!
Old 09-30-2003, 11:13 AM
Contributing Member

Discount Tire and Tirerack are probably the two best online places i've heard of. I almost bought from WhalenTire, but havent' really heard much about them.

Shipping tires gets expensive. I know some friends who brought printouts from them to local tire stores, and the tire store will normlly pricematch pretty well. Tell them it's a national tire store and you want to know how close they can get because you want to buy from them.

Dr.