Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Make your 240sx/Silvia's handling better and stopping faster.

X3Racing Coilover

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2004, 01:19 PM

X3Racing Coilover

Are the X3Racing Coilover on ebay good? I know it's hella cheap but is it better than stock? I have the set on the way because i bought em (excuse for buying such cheap coilover: SR20DET Plan). Have anybody ever bought these? i'm just wandering how i would install em when i recieve them. I haven't tried out the coilover but i definatly give it a 3 out 10.
Old 10-27-2004, 01:37 PM
Contributing Member

Re: X3Racing Coilover

Originally posted by ninedy_to_koop
Are the X3Racing Coilover on ebay good? I know it's hella cheap but is it better than stock? I have the set on the way because i bought em (excuse for buying such cheap coilover: SR20DET Plan). Have anybody ever bought these? i'm just wandering how i would install em when i recieve them. I haven't tried out the coilover but i definatly give it a 3 out 10.
There's no excuse for buying crap like that... you just wasted money.

Anyhow, to install you take your shocks out, take the spring off, put the X3 crap on in place of the stock springs, then put the whole thing back into your car.

Then you'll realize that those X3 coilovers (and any other similar cheapo coilover sleeve) actually will RAISE your car to Xterra height. (it's true - a set of these Ebay coilover sleeves raised my friend's S13 an inch and a half HIGHER than when he was on S-Tech's)

Have fun
Old 10-27-2004, 01:44 PM
Contributing Member

LOL..not to mention. You could have went to AutoZone & saved yourself the shipping.

I love how people ask about stuff AFTER they order it. What do you expect us to say? We will tell you the trutch. No tonly will they ride & handle like garbage. You are also putting yourself & everyone that rides with you at risk.
Suspension is the 2nd biggest safety factor on a vehicle & you just tossed that right out the window.
Old 10-27-2004, 02:02 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Project Cheap13
LOL..not to mention. You could have went to AutoZone & saved yourself the shipping.

I love how people ask about stuff AFTER they order it. What do you expect us to say? We will tell you the trutch. No tonly will they ride & handle like garbage. You are also putting yourself & everyone that rides with you at risk.
Suspension is the 2nd biggest safety factor on a vehicle & you just tossed that right out the window.
well said.
Old 10-27-2004, 03:24 PM
Contributing Member

Moved to suspension

Raine and project said it all...
Old 10-28-2004, 01:07 PM

hey...you know you bought em at one point too. I don't care all that much. Hey guys, even if i lower the coilover all the way, would it still raise like i have a lift kit on it. Its adjustable. And shut peeps... i'll be getting somethin good later on down the road after the SR swap but it was nice you give me the advise. What do you guys think about X3Racing on KYB GR-2? I just got some GR-2. Thanx though 12aine.
Old 10-28-2004, 03:03 PM
Contributing Member

Re: ...

Originally posted by ninedy_to_koop
hey...you know you bought em at one point too. I don't care all that much. Hey guys, even if i lower the coilover all the way, would it still raise like i have a lift kit on it. Its adjustable. And shut peeps... i'll be getting somethin good later on down the road after the SR swap but it was nice you give me the advise. What do you guys think about X3Racing on KYB GR-2? I just got some GR-2. Thanx though 12aine.
actually, no I never bought anything like that. Anyhow, yeah I know they're adjustable, but that's what we did - turned them all the way down as far as they can go, and yup... Xterra time. and BTW he had AGX's... GR-2's are the same if not slightly longer than AGX's

Next time ask before you buy bro, it'll save you some headaches
Old 10-28-2004, 03:25 PM
Contributing Member

IIRC, when isntalling GC coilover sleeves you had to cut something off the strut so the sleeve and sit properly and be lowered instead of higher. I wish i knew more info about it...but I would never buy that trash.(nothing againts you)
Old 10-28-2004, 03:58 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by -HyJynX-
IIRC, when isntalling GC coilover sleeves you had to cut something off the strut so the sleeve and sit properly and be lowered instead of higher. I wish i knew more info about it...but I would never buy that trash.(nothing againts you)
you're supposed to cut the lower spring perch off the front, so the coilover sleeve actually sits on top of the hub bracket thingy. No clue about the back though (I forgot), but I'm almost 100% sure about the front... that's the main complaint for people who go with the GC sleeves - if you want to go back to stock, you can't unless you get another set of front struts
Old 10-28-2004, 04:36 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by l2aine
you're supposed to cut the lower spring perch off the front, so the coilover sleeve actually sits on top of the hub bracket thingy. No clue about the back though (I forgot), but I'm almost 100% sure about the front... that's the main complaint for people who go with the GC sleeves - if you want to go back to stock, you can't unless you get another set of front struts
That's exactly what I was trying to say...