Turbo Motor Discussions about aftermarket turbo'd 240sx and Silvias.

possible scam site

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2004, 09:28 PM

possible scam site

hey guys just wanted to link you guys to this site i posted on the other forum, never seen it around here so i posted it there. still important for everyone to know about it just incase.

http://240sxforums.com/forums/showth...975#post427975
Old 10-03-2004, 09:32 PM

sorry just realized you have to be a member, heres the post:
<<<<<<<
has anyone heard of this boostdesigns.com place? im new to this forum but ive been on club240 for a while.

the guy with the boostdesigns username has posted links to his site in almost every post ive seen.

the sites itself is extremely cheap, it doesn't seem like a legit business at all but rather a personal webpage. the site was created in september and the owner used a dirt cheap company to host it. the bio on the site doesn't offer much as to this guys past. and some of the pictures are from other sites. theres not even a name on the site.

ive noticed they do have a banner on the forums, but that isnt even anything special and im sure didn't cost a fortune to put up. i know i myself could have put up everything he has done in a day using microsoft frontpage, photoshop, and 40 bucks or so depending on wut it costs to advertise on this forum.

i did a search and didn't find anything except a bunch of posts from 'boostdesigns' saying they sell dirt cheap turbo kits.

don't want to come on here calling people out but i'd hate to see people get scammed, especially for that amount of money. just wanted to let you guys in on what i noticed so no one loses any cash. if i'm wrong i apologize, but everything seems to point to a scam. it could be some guy on his own just trying to sell legit turbos...but who knows. just be careful and check into anything before you purchase.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Old 10-04-2004, 12:55 AM

thanks for the support

thanks for all the support there junior member instead of calling and checking out my company or even so much as inquiring as to boost designs at all you warn everyone of a possible scam becouse i did not spend a thousand dollars on my website thats very courteous of you!!! actually becouse i did not spend a ton of money getting the site going i can offer better prices.. my customers seem to like it and i think i am going to keep it like that i also sponsor, and am a verified vendor on 240sxforums.com and auto forums.com in the 240sx section. maybe you should take the chance and see what i offer for the price its amazing the quality these kits carry and they are warrantied for 1 year against anything you can throw at them.... as far as using other people photos everything on my site is products i have made and carry no one elses other companys may be using my pics but the products i carry are my own and built specifically for boostdesigns.com again thanks for your support and i will try very hard to exceed your expectations of my company and website.
Old 10-04-2004, 06:31 AM

talk about calling someones a$$ out.
Old 10-04-2004, 06:57 AM
Contributing Member

damn... someone just got
Old 10-04-2004, 07:03 AM

my apologies, i shouldve done a bit more research before i posted about it, but from checking into it minimally it seems strange, given the site was so new etc. i understand being able to not pay for site development etc helps to bring costs down, but it also would look suspicious to someone who hasn't heard of you before. my point is that if i wanted to i could have created the same site, but without the backing your company apparantly has. just trying to help people out since there are so many scams out there. but in my defense again, i don't think it is that hard to become a verified vendor, at least on club240.com, if you read the sticky they have all you need is a website, contact info, and what products you sell. i don't think that gives your company legitimacy. and i am not knocking club240 at all, i just don't think it is there job to check into these things, merely provide references. once again this is with minimal research. a better history might make your customers more comfortable with your site. so, i apologize, but who have you sold to, who are you, and why should i trust sending you 2 grand for a turbo?

Last edited by kable; 10-04-2004 at 07:20 AM.
Old 10-04-2004, 08:28 AM

my name is P.J. i am the designer of the kits i offer, and the owner of boostdesigns.com. i have 2 nissan platforms with 2 diffrent kit arrangements on them,, i drive one daily and research on the other. both have been boosted for over 2 years i worked out all the glitches and took my design to a company called ATR its a local DSM Buick grand national parts developer i have a link for them on my website by the way... they helped me take the whole kit apart and redesign the system. then after 2 months of CAD engineering we designed straight race manifolds and downpipes that will blow anything out for a ka24de. as far as why you should buy a kit from me i offer not any manifold but i offer a stainless tubular equal lenght pure race manifold and dowpipe that carries a 1 year warranty against anything you can throw at it. my intercooler piping is stainless and there 1 piece you can polish them to a mirror finish or power coat or what ever suits your taste i offer custom designed ful rails with RC engineering injectors all stainless braided lines for fuel and also for oil and oil return i use bar and plate intercoolers and everything in my kits is of my design not a knock off of someone elses its my design that I have made by ATR for me and my company i may sell them to others but they are MINE and my design. I am sure you could do your research of ATR and it should help you understand the quality i offer for the money! so now what else do i need to do to make you stop posting not only on this site that i am a sposor of, but also club 240 that i am also a sponsor of as well that beware of a scam??????? its junior members like you that hurt small businesses before they even get off the ground. i guess i should ask another 800.00 dollars to seem more legit or spend another thousand in advertising. oh by the way love the way you hacked your airbox i tell you what just to show you how wrong you are of me and my company i will send you a BRAND NEW air intake filter and MAF adapter for MAF sensor FREE OF CHARGE just send me your shipping info at sales@boostdesigns.com and it will be coming your way please stop bashing my company until you research it ....... boostdesigns
Old 10-04-2004, 10:34 AM

im not trying to bash your company, this post will not hurt your company but rather help it. if someone turns away business because of a cheap website somethings wrong, because that is the only bashing i have done. as far as the legitimacy it seems like you have a legit thing going, thats cool and i give props for you for starting it.

i have not massposted this thing on every 240 forum on the net, i posted once on each forum and in the same thread. i am not trying to make your business fail, rather check into it. the only thing i have asked you for is some credentials, which you have just now provided. granted, i did think it was a scam to begin with, however i didn't masspost on every forum and put in my sig "THIS SITE IS A SCAM", i just wanted to call attention to it and see if anyone had any experience because it was a relatively new site on the scene offer a good deal. i never told anyone to not buy from you, rather to check into it.

everyone knows how people get screwed over on these forums because it happens time and time again. i was just trying to make sure it didnt happen again and it looks like it won't.

as far as my airbox, if u read the post i could care less what intake i have in there because im going turbo in a few months. and as far as me being wrong about your company, i NEVER said u weren't legit, i was just looking for some info to show it was legit.

and no, i don't want the intake filter for free.

i apologize, but i assure u my 2 posts helped your business rather than hurt it. there is more info in this post on your company than on your website.
Old 10-04-2004, 11:12 AM

well since now you have checked me out and i take it you like what you see i would very much appreciate it if you would atleast go to the other forum and post we have spoke and enlighten other members as to the my comapny strong points 1 WARRANTY 2 QUALITY 3 PRICE i would greatly appreciate it and i will also give you a great deal on a manifold and downpipe cheaper than you can imagine!!!! since you have been on this forum a while i am sure people would respect your opinion of a product just released and if you love it like i know you will i would imagine thats the best advertisment dollar spent. boosrdesigns.com
Old 10-04-2004, 07:26 PM

i will post on the other site, when i posted here this morning u had not yet posted, so i wasnt going to put a preemptive post.
Old 10-04-2004, 10:54 PM
Contributing Member

now you two have to kiss and make up. Kable you need to take him to a movie and give him flowers.

Boost batt your eyelashes and wear your best perfume.

j/k
Old 11-14-2004, 11:18 PM

i could use a free intake
Old 11-17-2004, 01:22 AM

yeah me too...lol, hey will you be making anything for the ka24e...? damn people underestimate that engine so much..guess im just goign to have to build my own and show everone...lol(and yes i know some people have already turbo'd it)

Last edited by Baloo; 11-17-2004 at 01:26 AM.
Old 11-17-2004, 01:31 AM

sry for my double post but nvm it boostdesgin my fav site is back up realnissan.com yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!hear i come 12's