Turbo Motor Discussions about aftermarket turbo'd 240sx and Silvias.

turboing the ka

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2004, 08:54 AM

wow!!!! that looks like it took a lot of time to do!!!!!!!

yeah, as i said before he already did one so i am not woried about it, plus he did the mani on the stratus mentioned before too! i no the one on the Strat. is not equal leingth and i dont thing the one he had was either although i could be mistaken. but none the less it should work great!!!
Old 01-23-2004, 09:03 AM

sound good bud. Just tryin to help out. It is a lot more difficult to mank the manifold equal lenght. But good luck. Let me know how it turns out. Send pics.
Old 01-23-2004, 09:17 AM

o yeah ...check this pic out...another set i made
Attached Thumbnails turboing the ka-glowing.jpg  
Old 01-23-2004, 12:16 PM

Originally posted by VT_motor
sound good bud. Just tryin to help out. It is a lot more difficult to mank the manifold equal lenght. But good luck. Let me know how it turns out. Send pics.
yeah thank u for all ur help!!! and i will deff get plenty of pics!!!!!! im actualy thinking ofgetting pics of the motor pump injectors and the plugs that were donated to me pretty soon lol even though i have nothing else and no job as of yet to pay for other things with

o, and what do u guys think about the internal waist gate, should it be ok for now and then ill got ext. later or do u think its just a waist of time and get ext. right away???? i would deff. be going ext. before the motor gets new internals so it will be there before i hit more than the 11/12psi!
Old 01-23-2004, 12:17 PM

o, and also, how much do u charge for manifolds lol that one looks tight!!
Old 01-23-2004, 02:28 PM

That manifold looks great. Congrats on completing it. It doesnt look like it will stand the test of time though (Material doesnt look strong/thick enough). I could be wrong though.
Old 01-27-2004, 05:34 PM

Driftin RPS13, Internal wastegate...???...not to sure. I have hear that sometimes you get creep. But I know the 20g TD06 has an internal wastegate and it is suppose to be good for like 20-25 psi. (I wish i had a welder because i would start on a turbo mani for my car)

Will fastback S, Thanks for the compliment but just to clear something up; I made that set of headers for a 480 pound formula SAE car. It was made for a N/A car not a turbo mani. I used the lightest material i could fine.(0.050 inch wall thickness) I designed it to only last for about 300 hours. Design for failure....the only way to win races.
Old 01-28-2004, 11:50 AM
Contributing Member

hey driftingrps13 pdm-racing.com makes cams for our ka motors and they seem to dyno pritty well
Old 01-28-2004, 08:23 PM

yeah, i was looking at thoes but thoes are jsut regrinds and i dont no if there worth it, i was talkin to my buddy and he wasnt sure either, i fond some othe ones but i forgot where. lol ill see if i can find them again!!

o and i found a new BOV hehehe its the R2D2 from SARD!!! u can find it on TakaKaria.com if ur interested
Old 01-28-2004, 09:40 PM

VT Motor, congrats again on the mani. And now that You've explained things, it makes a lot more sense.

I'm curious, are you going to be making an equal length tubular mani for your 240 or are you gonna go with the log? Tubular looks great but it's beyond me so I'm going with the log. Plus, it costs less, and is a great space saver compared to the equal length. I might be buying my pieces pretty soon to get started. Luckily, my friend has access to welding machines. Good luck with yours and i'd definitely like to see pics.

On another note, my BOV and injectors came in today so that's a positive.
Old 01-29-2004, 10:14 AM

i will be going with a log type
Old 02-06-2004, 10:21 PM

Originally posted by Driftin RPS13
yeah, i was looking at thoes but thoes are jsut regrinds and i dont no if there worth it, i was talkin to my buddy and he wasnt sure either, i fond some othe ones but i forgot where. lol ill see if i can find them again!!

o and i found a new BOV hehehe its the R2D2 from SARD!!! u can find it on TakaKaria.com if ur interested
While I don't have any personal experience with the Stage I and II cams on pdm-racing.com, I do know the owner, Don and he is one of the foremost experts on 240sx's and Nissan in general. I'm a moderator on Northwestnissans.com and he was one of our sponsors. He has plenty of experience in building engines and racing. I'm sure that if you email him on his site he could answer your questions about them.

Heck, I need to know about the cams, too because I was considering them a possibility for my KA-T project, too.
Old 07-07-2005, 10:51 AM

crower now makes a turbo cam for the ka
Old 07-09-2005, 10:13 AM

Turboing KA is not that hard if someone knows what they are doing. However, it will cost you more money to turbo the KA then a basic SR swap. My friend has KA24DET on his S14 and I got my sr swap on my S13. In the end when we calculated how much each of us spent on the engines, mine came out cheaper.

P.S. He loves his KAT and after I drove his car I found out why. More torque then the SR.
Old 07-09-2005, 07:48 PM

u have no idea what u are talking about, my KA-T set up cast me at most 1500 and i only needed small**** to finish up.....SR swap is defenetly more expencive, and the output is slower!!!

Quick Reply: turboing the ka